Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #21
 
rainshower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,000
Default

i saw crocs on toddlers and older kids before i even saw adults wearing them!

i have yet to find a pair that fit my daughter's feet because the stores are always sold out of her size!
__________________
"Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
rainshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainshower
i saw crocs on toddlers and older kids before i even saw adults wearing them!

i have yet to find a pair that fit my daughter's feet because the stores are always sold out of her size!
zappos has them, and they are pretty good about returns if you don't like them
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #23
SCG
 
SCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,109
Default

I think they look really cute on kids and toddlers. But, my cousin (3) has a pair, and my aunt said that they gave her blisters. I'm not sure if she has real Crocs, or if they're "imitation", but I somehow think that doesn't seem normal... So I'm leaning towards the idea that they aren't actually Crocs. But, who knows.

Sarah
__________________

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
crocs start at a children's 6/7 I believe.
No, I was in Nordstrom this weekend trying them on and the shoe salesman said 4/5 is the smallest! LOL My daughter wasn't even walking when she was wearing a size 4. Tiny.
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #25
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
crocs start at a children's 6/7 I believe.
No, I was in Nordstrom these weekend trying them on and the shoe salesman said 4/5 is the smallest! LOL My daughter wasn't even walking when she was wearing a size 4. Tiny.
Yeah, I did see a 4/5 on zappos after I posted that. Oddly, on the crocs site, they seem to start at 6/7.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #26
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad scientist
I was looking for some my toddler (or atleast faux crocs - $33 for backyard shoes seemed a little steep). But I couldn't find them in his size - toddler 5. What's the smallest size you guys have seen?

I'd like a pair myself but I find them super wide and not comfortable at all (my foot swims around in them).
I tried on a pair and my feet felt great. But there was NO WAY. They're hideous! LOL (on adults, that is...well, on some adults they look OK, I guess.) Danskos are about as ugly as I will go!

They're only $25 in some places...most are $30 on zappos...if that makes a difference!
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #27
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,010
Default

My husband (a teacher) thinks they are the greatest shoe ever for kids because they don't require being tied, and they can be cleaned via hose or dishwasher.
Lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #28
 
echokitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,741
Default

You can get them in a Mary Jane style at Journeyz. I have black ones. They also come in a ballerina flat style too. The mjanes are less visually appalling and are just as comfy as the originals. I wear then to work in my coffeeshop b/c I can throw them in the mop sink to wash them off.
__________________
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
echokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #29
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 2,355
Default

Spiderlashes - she just turned 5 in Dec, and is actually between CROCS sizes right now! Her 10/11s are a tad small, as her big toe will bump against the shoe, but the 11/12s are a bit too large, so she uses the strap on those to help keep them on. She will be good and in to those in just a couple months.

My mom found a pair for her with the holes in the shape of Mickey Mouse! DisneyCrocs!

And CurlsOnWheels - NO IDEA there was a CROCS outlet! But I am way south, so the San Marcos outlet is less than 30 minutes away, where it would take me an hour to drive to Round Rock. It used to only take 20 minutes to drive to Round Rock about 10 years ago. Stoopid Austin traffic. But I still may need to venture up there, since there isn't a CROCS in San Marcos.
StephS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #30
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echokitten
You can get them in a Mary Jane style at Journeyz. I have black ones. They also come in a ballerina flat style too. The mjanes are less visually appalling and are just as comfy as the originals. I wear then to work in my coffeeshop b/c I can throw them in the mop sink to wash them off.
Yes, I just noticed them on zappos...didn't see them in nordstrom. I think I feel more comfortable with these. Thanks for mentioning them.

I noticed they also have a thong/flip flop style and rain boots. I definitely want to buy her the Croc rainboots this fall. How cute!
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #31
 
marielle448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 9,741
Default

hmm I had dismissed them a while back but never thought for the kids. I usually get Ian a pair of leather fisherman sandals from stride rite for the summer but these would solve the sand table & mulch around the playground out back problem. Our local independent toy store carries them for $24.95 but only in the classic style - I was kind of leaning towards the scutes.

I'm also wondering if this would work well for the small one? I'm thinking he may be in the smallest or next to the smallest size (since he wears preschoolians I don't know what his american shoe size would be). Any ideas? Would this be overkill for an 18 month old in the summer?
marielle448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #32
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephS
My kid wears them (she has 3 pair). I initially got her one pair for "back door" shoes, b/c she was constantly running out into the backyard with no shoes, and our yard has sticker-burrs, plus whatever other barefoot hazards. She hates shoes!

So these are way easy to slip on and off in a hurry. She would get so mad when I made her go back and put shoes on, and these are a no-brainer. They stay on fine, strap or not, but will hinder sprinting. Mine likes to flip the strap up and wear them like clogs most of the time.

I love that if she gets muddy, steps in dog poo, whatever, I can just hose them off, and in seconds they are ready to wear again.

I got a pair for gardening, but they are so comfy that now I have several pair and wear them all the time. But I have no style to sacrifice. They look much cuter on toddlers/little kids.
StephS -- how old is your daughter?

See, they come in size 8/9. And my two year old wears a size 8.5. So they won't fit her very snugly. I'd feel better if she had size 9 feet.

Yes, they do look a lot better on little kid feet!

DD loves Dora. For a while there, she literally thought she was Dora.
And I thought my kid had a big foot! lol
WileE-Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #33
 
loosecurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,175
Send a message via Yahoo to loosecurls
Default

This is Betsy's 2nd summer in crocs! She LIVES in them. Last yr she even wore them into the pool! I think her first pr was a size 5? Right now shes in an 8.

We have to put them away on school days b/c she refuses to wear the strap (slides it over the vamp).
__________________
Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
loosecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #34
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 2,355
Default

LOL @ Besty.

Yeah, Sophie's crocs are banned from school, too. She still will suggest they "match" her outfit and see if I will say yes. Heh.
StephS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #35
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephS
My kid wears them (she has 3 pair). I initially got her one pair for "back door" shoes, b/c she was constantly running out into the backyard with no shoes, and our yard has sticker-burrs, plus whatever other barefoot hazards. She hates shoes!

So these are way easy to slip on and off in a hurry. She would get so mad when I made her go back and put shoes on, and these are a no-brainer. They stay on fine, strap or not, but will hinder sprinting. Mine likes to flip the strap up and wear them like clogs most of the time.

I love that if she gets muddy, steps in dog poo, whatever, I can just hose them off, and in seconds they are ready to wear again.

I got a pair for gardening, but they are so comfy that now I have several pair and wear them all the time. But I have no style to sacrifice. They look much cuter on toddlers/little kids.
StephS -- how old is your daughter?

See, they come in size 8/9. And my two year old wears a size 8.5. So they won't fit her very snugly. I'd feel better if she had size 9 feet.

Yes, they do look a lot better on little kid feet!

DD loves Dora. For a while there, she literally thought she was Dora.
And I thought my kid had a big foot! lol
Are they big? They look perfectly proportional to the rest of her...small even... hmmmm
__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #36
Guide18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Years ago the experts thought small children needed stiff shoes with a lot of support, but now I read that this thinking has changed, and the best thing is shoes that have plenty of toe room and don't cramp the feet. Crocs would fit that bill!

I think they look fine on kids. Kids don't need to worry about fashionable shoes.

I have a pair that my sister gave me and they are very comfortable, but they make my big clodhopper feet look even bigger. I don't wear them much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #37
 
spiderlashes5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuZenGuide
Years ago the experts thought small children needed stiff shoes with a lot of support, but now I read that this thinking has changed, and the best thing is shoes that have plenty of toe room and don't cramp the feet. Crocs would fit that bill!

I think they look fine on kids. Kids don't need to worry about fashionable shoes.

I have a pair that my sister gave me and they are very comfortable, but they make my big clodhopper feet look even bigger. I don't wear them much.
I just worry that she'll be running and the shoe will fly off or part of the way off, tripping her. Or that she'll be trying to climb and her foot will come out of the shoe.

But yeah, I agree; I love the fact that they are wide and loose and lightweight. That's the main reason I want to get them. Shoes like this (especially with the little nubs) feel great!

But I think I found another solution -- there's another style of Crocs (not available on zappos) that has a flexible neoprene top/ankle support to keep the clogs on. They're called "Croclings."

__________________
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

spiderlashes5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #38
 
marielle448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 9,741
Default

darn you croc people! So now I'll be ordering a pair of scutes for each boys (I'm still not convinced on the bulbous toe of the cayman) and then a pair of Athens for Momma. I might convince hubby to get one of the men's open toed slip ons since he has wide feet too they should do the trick.
marielle448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #39
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 6,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielle448
I'm also wondering if this would work well for the small one? I'm thinking he may be in the smallest or next to the smallest size (since he wears preschoolians I don't know what his american shoe size would be). Any ideas? Would this be overkill for an 18 month old in the summer?
I just tried some on Karan today at the mall. The Crocs were too big (they start at size 6/7) but they had some other brand called "Dawgs" which fit nicely. But in the end I opted against them. At $25, that's too much for what would be a pretty limited-use shoe (I'm thinking backyard and beach only). I'm also pretty certain that he will pull them off.

So we'll do a combo of barefoot and teva-style sandals in the backyard this year.

But, next year, I'll might get him a pair.
mad scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #40
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,809
Default

My son and daughter both got a pair last year and LOVED them! My son is very active (he was three when he got his little pair) and he had no problem running around in them.

They couldn't wait to get them back on their feet again when the warmer weather arrived last week and our snow started to disappear.

They actually look really cute on kids I think. And you're right... everyone has them, so I felt a lot of pressure as a mum to keep up with the Jones's!
Dee Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com