CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   Fashion Advice--Help me choose! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/2568-fashion-advice-help-me-choose.html)

Who Me? 02-17-2005 08:01 AM

Fashion Advice--Help me choose!
 
I live in Boston. I've been wearing a "puffy coat" (not that puffy, actually, but that's what I call it) all winter. It's warm, comfy, and casual. But I want something that's still warm, but actually fashionable. I've come to hate a typical black peacoat after wearing one for 4 years in college. Since everything's on sale now, I thought I'd buy a coat. I found 2 I like and can afford.

Option 1

Option 2

CurlyCanadian 02-17-2005 08:08 AM

I love the look of #1. You could probably get more use out of #2, but I definatly think #1 is the nicer jacket.

Who Me? 02-17-2005 08:10 AM

Haha, that's pretty much EXACTLY what I was thinking, CurlyCanadian!

So which do I go for, the nicer jacket, or the one I will wear more?

Little Miss Snarky Booyah 02-17-2005 08:12 AM

I voted number two, but only because you can get it in pink. That was just lovely, the pink.

But I actually liked 2 better. You would wear it longer, I think.

bounce 02-17-2005 08:20 AM

I'd go for #2 in the pink. Pink/white is so nice in the winter - spruces up the winter blahs. Actually, if you can find a white or ivory one, I'd go that route.

But white and pink is my second choice.

SweetPickles 02-17-2005 08:21 AM

Re: Fashion Advice--Help me choose!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Me?
I live in Boston. I've been wearing a "puffy coat" (not that puffy, actually, but that's what I call it) all winter.

Hee. That's what I call mine too. I just said to my husband this morning, "I am soooooo sick of wearing the 'puffy coat'!" :lol:

ETA: I like the cut and quality of #1 better, but if it were me, I would probably go with #2 for versatility.

NetG 02-17-2005 08:24 AM

I would go with #2. I'm a big tweed fan, though, so....

CurlyCanadian 02-17-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Me?
Haha, that's pretty much EXACTLY what I was thinking, CurlyCanadian!

So which do I go for, the nicer jacket, or the one I will wear more?

Depends where you want to wear it. If it's an everyday type thing, then go for the one you'll get more wear out of, it's a "special" type jacket, I'd get the first one. I bought a baby blue suede jacket last spring, I love the way it looks with certain outfits, but not with everything. I already had a tan suede jacket so this was just a "special" outfit one :wink:

Who Me? 02-17-2005 08:28 AM

I would never, ever wear white or ivory. Great for other people, not for me. I'd get it dirty, and it would make me look so washed out, you'ld lose me in a snowbank.

The little bit of pink in option 1 I was thinking might be too much pink, so I'm not going to get the 2nd one in pink.

So, it's either the 1st one, which has pink in it (a con, not a pro) and is light-colored so I may get it dirty easy. Or the second one, which I would not get dirty, and would go with more. It really is a fashion or function question for me, isn't it?

bounce 02-17-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Me?
I would never, ever wear white or ivory. Great for other people, not for me. I'd get it dirty, and it would make me look so washed out, you'ld lose me in a snowbank.

The little bit of pink in option 1 I was thinking might be too much pink, so I'm not going to get the 2nd one in pink.

So, it's either the 1st one, which has pink in it (a con, not a pro) and is light-colored so I may get it dirty easy. Or the second one, which I would not get dirty, and would go with more. It really is a fashion or function question for me, isn't it?

OK, sounds like we have different coloring!

In that case, I like #1 as is.

GuardianB 02-17-2005 08:41 AM

If you are not getting the 2nd one in pink go #1. It's a different cut then your traditional peacoat and futher from the black color. You are looking for a change every now and then right so you're not looking to wear it all the time with everything and have a perfect match. The grey of the 2nd coat still looks like a peacoat just lighter in color and weight.

Who Me? 02-17-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuardianB
If you are not getting the 2nd one in pink go #1. It's a different cut then your traditional peacoat and futher from the black color. You are looking for a change every now and then right so you're not looking to wear it all the time with everything and have a perfect match. The grey of the 2nd coat still looks like a peacoat just lighter in color and weight.

I was hoping you'ld respond :D

curlyarca 02-17-2005 08:54 AM

this is off the subject, but you will get either coat dirty....it just won't be as visible on the second coat.


i like the second coat better. the first is trendier though, i think.

GuardianB 02-17-2005 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuardianB
If you are not getting the 2nd one in pink go #1. It's a different cut then your traditional peacoat and futher from the black color. You are looking for a change every now and then right so you're not looking to wear it all the time with everything and have a perfect match. The grey of the 2nd coat still looks like a peacoat just lighter in color and weight.

I was hoping you'ld respond :D

Do I provide that much insight :D

or that much comedy
:oops:

Aphro-Deeziac 02-17-2005 09:19 AM

I like the grey coat. But I am conservative and a fashion retard. You might not want to take my opiniion into consideration :lol:

Who Me? 02-17-2005 09:20 AM

GuardianB, you are the resident fashion maven around here, aren't you?

And yes, I realize both will get dirty and it will just be easier to see on the first one, but i care much less if it's dirty if I can't tell. :shock:

Hairproductjunkie 02-17-2005 09:48 AM

Oooooh. Definately #1! That is a gorgeous coat! I actually think it would be very versatile, and would go with a lot, and yet the lighter colors in it (like the pink) would really spruce up your winter wardrobe.

Who Me? 02-17-2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poopsie
Oooooh. Definately #1! That is a gorgeous coat! I actually think it would be very versatile, and would go with a lot, and yet the lighter colors in it (like the pink) would really spruce up your winter wardrobe.

OK, that did it, you tipped the scales, I'm buying number 1 right now!

Hairproductjunkie 02-17-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poopsie
Oooooh. Definately #1! That is a gorgeous coat! I actually think it would be very versatile, and would go with a lot, and yet the lighter colors in it (like the pink) would really spruce up your winter wardrobe.

OK, that did it, you tipped the scales, I'm buying number 1 right now!

Yay! Oh, and by the way, I am WAY jealous of you getting that beautiful coat! :wink:

Scarlet 02-17-2005 10:16 AM

I like Option 1.

Option 2 looks cheap (IMO)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com