How is raising the family going so far, mom?

Like Tree98Likes

Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
So we finnnnallllly got around to watching Beauty & the Beast ...vhs no less...it was a gift a long time ago aight... lol

Then, when the Beast transforms back into what he was before, the little one says....that's Belle's dog...


This thread is too much!

Here's a couple funnies from the kidlets in my life.

My cousin's little girl (Haley) was down at her grandma's (Mamaw's) house. Her grandma was making cake. Her grandma was on Weight Watchers trying to lose a bit of weight. Haley was TWO:

Haley: Whatcha making Mamaw?
Grandma: Cake
Haley: That's 8 points Mamaw!

-----------------------

When my nephew was about 3 (almost 7 now), my sister in law noticed he was getting more hair on his legs. She pointed it out to him.
SIL: Look Jordan, you're getting more hair on your legs like a big boy.
Jordan: Hair on mine yegs? (hee. Yegs.)
SIL: Yep, hair on your legs like Daddy.
Jordan: Hair on mine yegs like Daddy?
SIL: Yep, you're a big boy!
Jordan: Hair on mine yegs like Mamaw too?

(Mamaw being my Mom, who had a habit of letting the leg-shaving go a bit too often. She has ceased doing this now. )

-----------------------------

More recent one. My niece just turned three a few months ago. Well, a few weeks ago, she walked into another room carrying a snack that my brother knew was in a high cabinet she couldn't reach without climbing.

Brother: Gracie, where did you get that?
Gracie: (blank stare)
Brother: Did you climb to get to that?
Gracie: (Shaking head NO vigorously)
Brother: Walk in the kitchen with me... why is that (pointing) cabinet door open? You can't reach that. Did you climb on something to get to it?
Gracie: (eating and shaking her head 'no') I pushed the chair back under the table so you wouldn't know.

Not a clue she told on herself!
Kade got a sunburn a few weeks back, which peeled a bit. When he noticed he started screaming and crying saying his skin was broken. Then I explained that his skin was healing, and he was growing new skin, so it was ok that the old skin was peeling. And peeled a little piece to show him it was ok and he had skin underneath. Then he looks at me all serious-like and tells me sternly: "NO MOMMY! You don't peel your friends! That's not very nice! Say your sorry!" He proceeded to tell this to anyone who pointed out the peeling for the next few days, and for a week after that his skin was growing to anyone who would listen.

Also now his word is calories. "I love milk it's good for you, and has only 20 calories!"
My daughter (2 1/2) has a favorite pair of sandals (she calls them "san-nals") that she refused to take off when we were getting her ready for bed. The conversation went like this:

husband: Take off your shoes, please, and put them in your room. It's time for bed.
daughter: No, no wanna take off my shoes.
husband: Take them off and put them away.
daughter: No sir!

I have no idea where she got this. I just hid my face and laughed. My husband had to discipline her because I couldn't keep it together.

Also, I met a friend at a tapas bar and my daughter picked up an olive from the bowl in front of her, thinking it was a grape. As soon as she tasted it, she put it down. When my husband arrived (he drove separately), the first thing she did was warn him, by pointing at the olives and saying,

"Those not grapes, Daddy, those not grapes."

Last edited by gemini; 07-06-2008 at 09:38 AM.
These are so funny.

Several weeks ago my daughter had a friend over for a playdate. I saw them slinking off into the dining room and I just knew they were planning some mischief. I said, "hey girls, what are you doing?" My daughter responds, "nothing. Just being sneaky."

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
These are so funny.

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
Originally Posted by medussa
Too funny! I am going to use that line somehow, somewhere.

What did you say to her after she said that?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
These are so funny.

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
Originally Posted by medussa
Too funny! I am going to use that line somehow, somewhere.

What did you say to her after she said that?
Originally Posted by Windflower
I told her not to say, "whatever" to me because it is not nice to talk to someone that way. I also told her I needed her to put on her listening ears, all the while trying to figure out where it is she got that princess business.
These are so funny.

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
Originally Posted by medussa
Too funny! I am going to use that line somehow, somewhere.

What did you say to her after she said that?
Originally Posted by Windflower
I told her not to say, "whatever" to me because it is not nice to talk to someone that way. I also told her I needed her to put on her listening ears, all the while trying to figure out where it is she got that princess business.
Originally Posted by medussa
I don't remember the name of it, but there's a show on cartoon network where a girl is always going on about pretty pretty princesses.
These are so funny.

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
Originally Posted by medussa
Too funny! I am going to use that line somehow, somewhere.

What did you say to her after she said that?
Originally Posted by Windflower
I told her not to say, "whatever" to me because it is not nice to talk to someone that way. I also told her I needed her to put on her listening ears, all the while trying to figure out where it is she got that princess business.
Originally Posted by medussa
OMG this cracked me up!
2b/3a.
Medussa,

Did she have attitude when she said "whatever"?

I am still chuckling...I know it isn't funny, but I find it even funnier because she used it in context and she so so young...
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
We were on vacation in Florida recently, and my sisters were asking Danae what different animals said. She responded by barking, meowing, etc. My sister then asked her, "What does your daddy say?" Danae responded, "Toot, toot!"

It was awesome.
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
Toot toot!

Medussa,

Did she have attitude when she said "whatever"?

I am still chuckling...I know it isn't funny, but I find it even funnier because she used it in context and she so so young...
Originally Posted by Windflower
She was very matter-of-fact when she said it. In fact, she was on the sofa, trying to stand on her head. She has a lisp too, so she sounded funny: "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty printheth."
rainshower's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,000
we were riding to my in-laws' last weekend and my husband and i got into a friendly spat. i turned to our kids and asked our son, 9, if i belong to daddy, to which he replied 'yes.' i asked our 5-year-old daughter and she replied the same. i then asked her who daddy was to me, to which she replied in total daddy's little princess fashion, "daddy is your life."

end of argument.

we don't know where she got that from, but mr. rainshower's head was puffed up the rest of the drive.
"Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
These are so funny.

Several weeks ago my daughter had a friend over for a playdate. I saw them slinking off into the dining room and I just knew they were planning some mischief. I said, "hey girls, what are you doing?" My daughter responds, "nothing. Just being sneaky."

Also, the other day, Catherine was being a handful. I said to her, "listen, I've just about had enough of your behavior." She responds, "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty princess." I had to try really hard not to laugh.
Originally Posted by medussa

Oh jeez.. Maya and I had a similar exchange yesterday, only her reply was, "Don't talk to me J, I am a beautiful princess. Now go." She pointed her finger and everything. It was hard not to laugh.
Toot toot!

Medussa,

Did she have attitude when she said "whatever"?

I am still chuckling...I know it isn't funny, but I find it even funnier because she used it in context and she so so young...
Originally Posted by Windflower
She was very matter-of-fact when she said it. In fact, she was on the sofa, trying to stand on her head. She has a lisp too, so she sounded funny: "whatever. I'm a pretty pretty printheth."
Originally Posted by medussa
That's hilarious! Danae thinks everyone's a princess, including her 4 yr. old boy cousin. He finds that highly offensive...LOL!
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
Oh Lord, these stories are hilarious! Here are some from my little cousins.

-We were at a relative's funeral and my cousin Trevor (about 3 at the time) and I were looking through pictures in an album. We came to one of his older brother Tanner, and he didn't skip a beat and said "That's Tanner when he had red eyes".

My twin cousins Hayley and Holley went with me and my mom to Drug Emporium one afternoon. They were about 5 at the time. The whole time we were going through the store they would point out things and say "Oooh we like that" or "Momma loves that" etc, we got to Tide and Hayley says "Other kids have that" and Holley looked at her dead serious and said "No, other kids DON'T have that".

When we were kids my brother would say "I got doodoo" whenever he had a poopy diaper.

My little cousin Grant (3) did the whole "eye on the ball" thing recently. Last time they were down for a visit his aunt (my cousin) had left her razor in the soap dish. Grant unknowingly grabbed it and cut his finger. After all the uproar and bleeding, once they finally got it bandaged he looked at my aunt (his grandma) and said "Nana, I can hear my heart and I'm going to puke now".
Ethan brought me a picture he drew, and I asked him what it said because it had a bunch of letters on it. He said, "It's in French, so that's why I can't read it to you."
My niece was almost two years old and I was changing her diaper one day, something I don't usually do, and I yelled out to her mom that I wasn't sure I had it on right and I was carrying my niece out and I said to her mom "Did I get this thing on right?" and my niece looked at me and said "You sure did CaCa!" I know I know, caca is a swear word in spanish or something but that's what she called me.

When she wants someone to hold her she goes to that person and lifts up her little arms and says "I wanna hold you"...I just think that is so sweet and cute, it gets me every time.
3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse
Ethan brought me a picture he drew, and I asked him what it said because it had a bunch of letters on it. He said, "It's in French, so that's why I can't read it to you."
Originally Posted by internetchick
That is awesomely cute!
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas
-----------------------------------------------
My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie
When she wants someone to hold her she goes to that person and lifts up her little arms and says "I wanna hold you"...I just think that is so sweet and cute, it gets me every time.
Originally Posted by Jess2316
Awww, so cute. My son said something similar, "carry you."

Caca means poop.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com