Women are so difficult.

Yes, to wavy and kaia.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
My mother does/says all the things on the list, not because she's a woman, but because she's passive-aggressive and doesn't know how to own or to express her true feelings.

I think a more fruitful discussion might be: to what extent are women socialized to NOT be upfront about what they think and feel? Are young girls unfairly pressured to "make nice" all the time, while boys are pressured to stand up for themselves? And if we are socialized to be this way..... shouldn't we question it and draw attention to it?
Originally Posted by wavycurly40+
My mother was raised the way wavycurly40 describes, to be sweet and nice and never to express "bad" feelings like anger or sadness. She raised me the same way and it's taken me years to unlearn that crap.

Oh, and the title of this thread ticks me off. Saying that 50% of the world's population is difficult, especially when the person saying/spreading that "information" is a member of said group? Yeah, sexism is alive and well.

(To the OP, I'm not calling you out for posting this, just agreeing with many others in this thread that there are deeper issues at work here.)
Psalm 30:11 "You have turned my mourning into dancing."

''Hey, nerds! Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and hasn't cried once today? This moi.'' - Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
Y'all are no fun!
Y'all are no fun!
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
LOL, seriously!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
Y'all are no fun!
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
LOL, seriously!
Originally Posted by Kaia
Um, yeah this list definitely applies to me. So, I think it's funny.

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
lol, its no big deal to me, I think its quite funny. I have to admit I use quite a few of these words and mean exactly what is written in that chain mail.

So what. My husband knows what I mean when I say them and when I show him this he will laugh just like I did.
Curl Type 3A and with a mind of its own.

Shampoo once a week with Organic Aloe Vera Herbal Shampoo.

Currently on the look out for a new DT and Styling Cream, though Curl Junkie is looking quite good.
I find it funny, because for me its true. If I say 'nothing' my boyfriend knows that in about 5 minutes I am going to just burst out with all my pent up frustrations.
3a with some 2c thrown in
http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHairedFarmer/
pw: cow

Currently Loving:
Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Beauticurls Leave-in

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
Y'all are no fun!
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
LOL, seriously!
Originally Posted by Kaia
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
NINE WORDS WOMEN USE
Originally Posted by TK*
Is someone secretly taping my conversations??
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
And I guess men are perfect and always say what they mean, right?

I have a sense of humor and I can sometimes laugh at things like this, but more times than not, it annoys me to no end.
I stopped listening to a morning show on the radio because almost everyday the topic had something to do with how women are better than men or how men are better than women. I thought "is this middle school?" As adults, do we really want to keep this as our focus...aren't we pretty set in our identity at this point that we don't need to say "ha! I'm better than you!"?
It just seems so juvenile when people complain. And I know, I've been guilty of complaining about men, so I need to listen to myself here. But even when I complain...it's usually about "most" men or "some" men. I try not to generalize too much...LOL

Women, who are still responsible for most of the housework, for most of the child care, who still get paid less money for equal work? We're difficult? Really!?!

Yes, that's my feminist response.

But the reality of the situation is that there are some difficult men, there are some difficult women, and that's just reality.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.


3a/3b
I am loving this thread, guys.

And in all honesty, the title of the thread was meant to be sarcastic. I'm extremely tickled everyone is getting so bent out of shape about it.
I'm "TechKnockout" now.

Last edited by TK*; 01-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Well see, now that's just silly. I hate it when people assume that a couple of dissenting posts means people are "getting bent out of shape" about something. I disagree, as do others. We're stating those opinions. But no one is getting bent out of shape.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
I'm not getting bent out of shape. I just don't think it's funny.
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
I think it's hilarious! I am guilty of #4 and #6 but I'm just vengeful like that.
OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
I read that chain letter years ago and didn't think it was funny then or now. But you know.....I've dated so many men who didn't say what they meant. I think I should start a chain letter and forward that about.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
*guano* should i start a thread titled "Men are so difficult?" then the ladies here can list their flaws(not meant as sarcasm)
*guano* should i start a thread titled "Men are so difficult?" then the ladies here can list their flaws(not meant as sarcasm)
Originally Posted by OBB
If it was a list of stereotypes about men, I would call you out on that.

Stereotyping is wrong.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
im just curious but when did the word "stereotype" come such negative connotations. is it b/c the media began linking it to racial profiling or has it always been that way?

Last edited by OBB; 01-16-2009 at 01:19 PM.
im just curious but when did the word "stereotype" come such negative connotations. is it b/c the media began linking it to racial profiling or has it always been that way?
Originally Posted by OBB
I don't know either. Who's a linguist around here?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com