I HAAAAATE Banks!

When I got my last statement in the mail, I saw $75 in overdraft fees. I was SURE I did not make an error, and called customer service, ready to rip them a new one. When I reached a rep, I spoke politely, thank goodness, because while I was speaking to her, I realized what went wrong, and that it was MY fault. And then she offered to refund the fees to me, just because I'm a good customer. (Or else she saw that all my deposits are from Unemployment, and felt sorry for me.) It was a good reminder for me that one can catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar.

:snort:

As if you both don't bait others with some of your comments.
Originally Posted by M2LR

I don't have any problem saying what I want to say without "baiting" people. I like to get responses, or I wouldn't put it out there.

And are we talking about this thread or some other thread/s in the past? Because on this thread, the only person trying to stir something up was Peppy.
Originally Posted by Amneris
This is very inaccurate. She was trying to explain a position, using legitimate examples.
Originally Posted by *Cricket*
That part was fine, but then when I responded to her legitimate examples with legitimate differences, she started talking about how "I'm not taking the bait." What bait? She brought it up so if she didn't want to discuss it then why do so? And when we said that, then it was "see... this is why I lurk."
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali













Yeah, we didn't bring the police up - if anything, WE were baited.
Originally Posted by Amneris
:snort:

As if you both don't bait others with some of your comments.
Originally Posted by M2LR

I don't have any problem saying what I want to say without "baiting" people. I like to get responses, or I wouldn't put it out there.

And are we talking about this thread or some other thread/s in the past? Because on this thread, the only person trying to stir something up was Peppy.
Originally Posted by Amneris
Please go back and read my original post. Then come back and let me know how I was trying to "stir something up". Jeez. You always look for an argument even when there's nothing there.

:snort:

As if you both don't bait others with some of your comments.
Originally Posted by M2LR

I don't have any problem saying what I want to say without "baiting" people. I like to get responses, or I wouldn't put it out there.

And are we talking about this thread or some other thread/s in the past? Because on this thread, the only person trying to stir something up was Peppy.
Originally Posted by Amneris
Please go back and read my original post. Then come back and let me know how I was trying to "stir something up". Jeez. You always look for an argument even when there's nothing there.
Originally Posted by Peppy
It looked like you were trying to stir something up when you said you weren't "taking the bait to get in an argument about the police." Thus trying to make it seem like I was looking for an argument. I wasn't. You mentioned the police and the fact that people who "hate" them do so because they have tickets. I disagree. I think it is because of police misconduct / shielding of misconduct. I don't think that that is "looking for an argument when nothing is there." If you didn't want to get in an argument about the police, then why open the door to one? And then why accuse us of 'baiting' you when all we did was resoond to what YOU said? That's very unfair.
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











Amneris, you always look for something in my posts to argue about. Always. I used the police as an example. It was not intended to "stir things up". You know that. You just have to be the center of attention and twist everything to suit your purpose. It's really getting old. But then you've heard that from several people many times so I'm wasting my breath.
Amneris, you always look for something in my posts to argue about. Always. I used the police as an example. It was not intended to "stir things up". You know that. You just have to be the center of attention and twist everything to suit your purpose. It's really getting old. But then you've heard that from several people many times so I'm wasting my breath.
Originally Posted by Peppy
I don't know that, and I am NOT referring to you initially using the police as an example. I had no problem with that and I replied to that in good faith... and was accused of baiting.

I am referring to your comment about "baiting" which you are conveniently ignoring. What was the purpose of accusing posters of "baiting" you? Was that not twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU the centre of attention as the poor martyr? Was that not you trying to get into an argument with me... and Phoenix?
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali












Last edited by Amneris; 03-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Amneris, you always look for something in my posts to argue about. Always. I used the police as an example. It was not intended to "stir things up". You know that. You just have to be the center of attention and twist everything to suit your purpose. It's really getting old. But then you've heard that from several people many times so I'm wasting my breath.
Originally Posted by Peppy
I don't know that, and I am NOT referring to you initially using the police as an example. I had no problem with that and I replied to that in good faith... and was accused of baiting.

I am referring to your comment about "baiting" which you are conveniently ignoring. What was the purpose of accusing posters of "baiting" you? Was that not twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU the centre of attention as the poor martyr? Was that not you trying to get into an argument with me... and Phoenix?
Originally Posted by Amneris
I responded to your post when you questioned me. I didn't say you were baiting me. That was directed at Phoenix because she said I was "biased". Go back and read the posts.

Last edited by Peppy; 03-08-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Online banking is my best friend. I haven't bounced a single check or been overdrawn even once since I started using online banking 8 years ago or so.

I HIGHLY recommend it. Sure it takes a few minutes each day, but literally...it takes like 5 minutes every day. And it isn't like I'm not online anyway.
Originally Posted by PartyHair
I agree with this. I tried to balance my checkbook but it got to be trouble because I always missed stuff. I think mentally I played games with myself to think I had more money than what I had. I was always bouncing checks. Now with online banking it shows me the real deal.

Before last month's fiasco though I hadn't bounced a check in 4 years.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
Online banking is my best friend. I haven't bounced a single check or been overdrawn even once since I started using online banking 8 years ago or so.

I write everything down in my checkbook anyway, but at the end of every day I go online and check off what's gone through the bank. It's seriously a miracle.

I was another who was awful at balancing my checkbook - I got myself $700 overdrawn one time! But since online checking? NOPE!!!

I HIGHLY recommend it. Sure it takes a few minutes each day, but literally...it takes like 5 minutes every day. And it isn't like I'm not online anyway.
Originally Posted by PartyHair
I agree, online banking is the best thing ever. And I have Chase, who is pretty quick about adding any expenditure, so it makes it really easy to eyeball where we're at and keep track.

When my husband and I first got married, he had a Compass account separate from mine. Oh gosh, they were horrible. Chase re-orders debits as well, but it hits your account when it hits. Compass would wait like 3 days to place it on the register, then re-order everything AFTER it had added overdraft fees. We were keeping a strict balance and it never added up. The fees were put into their register BEFORE any overdraft had occurred, causing a cascade of failures. We took it to the bank manager and she waived the fees, but that was a small dent in the whole mess. Yeah, that bank was horrible. And the husband is no longer allowed to be in charge of finances.
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
See...i don't understand the purpose of "reordering"? What's the purpose? I know there are a few people that have worked in banking before, so I would really like some clarity on why banks do this...because it seems illegal and shady to me.

Just so we're clear, when I say reordering I mean both:

1. Posting/clearing items from high to low rather than how they are presented
2. Going back several days in the ledger to reorder things that have already posted/cleared.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Amneris, you always look for something in my posts to argue about. Always. I used the police as an example. It was not intended to "stir things up". You know that. You just have to be the center of attention and twist everything to suit your purpose. It's really getting old. But then you've heard that from several people many times so I'm wasting my breath.
Originally Posted by Peppy
I don't know that, and I am NOT referring to you initially using the police as an example. I had no problem with that and I replied to that in good faith... and was accused of baiting.

I am referring to your comment about "baiting" which you are conveniently ignoring. What was the purpose of accusing posters of "baiting" you? Was that not twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU the centre of attention as the poor martyr? Was that not you trying to get into an argument with me... and Phoenix?
Originally Posted by Amneris
I responded to your post when you questioned me. I didn't say you were baiting me. That was directed at Kimshi because she said I was "biased". Go back and read the posts.
Originally Posted by Peppy
Uh, Phoenix, Thanks. Is that not supposed to be starting an argument right there?

Anyway, I wasn't baiting you. Again, you brought up the police.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
Folks still write checks?
Originally Posted by WilePECoyote - The Nudist Poster
Yep - I write two a month, for bills I can't pay online.
Originally Posted by PartyHair
Yep, that's about it for me, too...online banking is wonderful!
That's why I ran to join my credit union when I started my new job. I love love their setup! They deduct, or rather hold a charge and you can see that it's pending right away so you can't get overdrawn. And they do let you bounce one check a year (which I don't do but hey, you never know)

AND we get paid a couple days earlier with direct deposit than everyone else. I heart my bank!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

"Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
[/B]

I don't know that, and I am NOT referring to you initially using the police as an example. I had no problem with that and I replied to that in good faith... and was accused of baiting.

I am referring to your comment about "baiting" which you are conveniently ignoring. What was the purpose of accusing posters of "baiting" you? Was that not twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU the centre of attention as the poor martyr? Was that not you trying to get into an argument with me... and Phoenix?
Originally Posted by Amneris
I responded to your post when you questioned me. I didn't say you were baiting me. That was directed at Kimshi because she said I was "biased". Go back and read the posts.
Originally Posted by Peppy
Uh, Phoenix, Thanks. Is that not supposed to be starting an argument right there?
Anyway, I wasn't baiting you. Again, you brought up the police.
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Of course it was...it's what she does. Do I really need to remind you?
OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me!
Naw...you're right...I should know.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
While I'm secretly loving this latest installment of "curly drama" *cues the music to guilding light*, I'm still waiting on all these dayum folks that keep hollering about "well just manage your money better" to PLEASE make me understand this re-ordering business.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
The thing I don't like about the bank I use (WaMu) is they post debits before my direct deposit. I can go online and see my direct deposit sitting in my account early am, but at midnight they will post any debits made that day before posting the direct deposit. It hasn't been a problem for me. It just bugs me. My coworkers belong to a local credit union and they have told me their direct deposit and any other deposits always post before debits. Bank of America was the same way, they just have lousy cusotmer service. They are too big to care anymore (it seems).
I think my bank does the same thing. It would be in their interest to post deposits before debits.
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
Amneris, you always look for something in my posts to argue about. Always. I used the police as an example. It was not intended to "stir things up". You know that. You just have to be the center of attention and twist everything to suit your purpose. It's really getting old. But then you've heard that from several people many times so I'm wasting my breath.
Originally Posted by Peppy
I don't know that, and I am NOT referring to you initially using the police as an example. I had no problem with that and I replied to that in good faith... and was accused of baiting.

I am referring to your comment about "baiting" which you are conveniently ignoring. What was the purpose of accusing posters of "baiting" you? Was that not twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU the centre of attention as the poor martyr? Was that not you trying to get into an argument with me... and Phoenix?
Originally Posted by Amneris
Again, you do this as well. You can't tell me that changing an ENTIRE discussion towards something racial or mentioning white supremacy isn't baiting, or twisting things to suit YOUR purposes and make YOU and YOUR discussion seem more important than the one at hand?

You haven't been around too much lately, but I am sorry...you return and each thread you've posted in has turned to something racial or has a mention of slavery/white supremacy (child getting married thread, 9 year old abortion thread, PET ownership)...seriously.

Anyways, as to the re-ordering...I don't think that it's illegal or shady. You should have some method of posting order, you can't really post "as items come in" since it's mostly electronic. Generally, point of sale of debit card transactions post first, since you received the goods/services at the time of the transaction. If you have a paper item, such as a check, then they will post in dollar amount order.

It's not illegal or shady, again, you have to have some kind of method in place.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com