CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Non-hair discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/)
-   -   black friend finder (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/non-hair-discussion/70715-black-friend-finder.html)

FreeCurls 03-12-2009 08:03 AM

black friend finder
 
watch the video. Discuss. laugh. overreact. get offended. Be indifferent. Whatever.

frau 03-12-2009 08:24 AM

that was funny, except the end part.

i loved the part about the hair touching! just this very morning my daughter told me that a friend of hers irritated her.

daughter: so i slicked back my hair really tight in a ponytail but wore the back of it out and when i saw ashley she said, "HI!!!!" and rubbed her hands back and forth on my head...not the part that was out but the slicked back part.
(the look on my daughter's face was like total horror, like why would any sane person do that?)

me: oh, she's white, she doesn't know. for her if you mess up her hair she can just brush it back with her hands. she doesn't know you spent forever trying to get it just perfectly straight.

PartyHair 03-12-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeCurls (Post 903196)
watch the video. Discuss. laugh. overreact. get offended. Be indifferent. Whatever.

I already have a Black friend. Do I still need to watch the video?

rainshower 03-12-2009 08:30 AM

i need some extra cash. what's that number again?

ninja dog 03-12-2009 08:30 AM

Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

(I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

Josephine 03-12-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau (Post 903201)
that was funny, except the end part.

i loved the part about the hair touching! just this very morning my daughter told me that a friend of hers irritated her.

daughter: so i slicked back my hair really tight in a ponytail but wore the back of it out and when i saw ashley she said, "HI!!!!" and rubbed her hands back and forth on my head...not the part that was out but the slicked back part.
(the look on my daughter's face was like total horror, like why would any sane person do that?)

me: oh, she's white, she doesn't know. for her if you mess up her hair she can just brush it back with her hands. she doesn't know you spent forever trying to get it just perfectly straight.


LOL, I think the hair rule can be applied to most curlies as well. I hate hair touchers!

gemini 03-12-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 903210)
Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

(I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:

subbrock 03-12-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemini (Post 903231)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 903210)
Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

(I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:

thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.

frau 03-12-2009 09:07 AM

yeah, i guess i was generalizing there.

Aphro-Deeziac 03-12-2009 09:11 AM

okay, that was hysterical.

gemini 03-12-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbrock (Post 903249)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gemini (Post 903231)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja dog (Post 903210)
Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

(I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:

thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.

She was too quick for me. We had just been introduced and the next thing I knew, her hand was knuckle deep in my hair.

I really do get wanting to touch people's hair, but at least get to know me, ask permission or buy me a drink first!

Josephine 03-12-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemini (Post 903259)
Quote:

Originally Posted by subbrock (Post 903249)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gemini (Post 903231)

I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:

thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.

She was too quick for me. We had just been introduced and the next thing I knew, her hand was knuckle deep in my hair.

I really do get wanting to touch people's hair, but at least get to know me, ask permission or buy me a drink first!


Damn, that would piss me off!! I don't get it at all..I don't even like bf touching my hair. Only if I know it's gonna get washed before being seen in public. I'm not sure why anyone would want to touch my hair anyways, it's not like it's soft, silky and u can put your hands through it..then I'd get it. Sorry for the guano....I haven't been able to watch the video yet, my soundcard on this computer isn't working for now.

Springcurl 03-12-2009 10:58 AM

Loved it.

Vagabond Davotchka 03-12-2009 05:56 PM

I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.

Lotsawaves 03-12-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond Davotchka (Post 903782)
I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.

I need one of those friends, as well. I wouldn't care about the color.

subbrock 03-12-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagabond Davotchka (Post 903782)
I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.

its called nc.com and not to mention, it is male-week here...

j/k



kind of.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com