Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Non-hair discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Question I'm so horrible!

I have this Internet friend and he is amazing. Well over the weekend I told him some crap I lied to him about. Like I didn't tell him my real age etc. But once we became good friends I felt bad so I told him the truth. He even states he liked me and I liked him. But ever since then he isn't talking to me very much and if he does our conversations aren't very lively and awesome like they use to be. I really want to get back to the good old times before I gave him the dirt about me. How can I do that? He says he's not mad at me and it was great of me to be honest but I think he is hurt by it. But it could just be me! Can you girls give me advice?! Thank you
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
 
geeky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,191
Default

Imagine yourself in his place. Naturally you would be hurt, upset and wondering what else your friend lied about. You can't go back to the good times. The only thing you can do is be honest with him from now on, and give him time and space to process the information and the hurt. The rest is up to him. The fact that he is still talking to you is a good sign that things may get better again eventually. But you can't force it.
__________________
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

Yeah Im thinking about not talking to him for a week to give him some room. I just feel bad because he has had many heart breaks and I didn't want to be apart of that collection. But hopefully like you said it might get better eventually. Thanks.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
 
Trenell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,295
Default

Does the real age change your legal status?
__________________


Blog
Trenell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

what do you mean by legal status? By being able to date him because of age? Then no it wont. The account that I had was my friends and she put she was 19 so I had to go along with that. He isnt that much older than me.

Last edited by curly_me2; 04-14-2009 at 08:13 AM.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
 
LisaF1163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeky View Post
Imagine yourself in his place. Naturally you would be hurt, upset and wondering what else your friend lied about. You can't go back to the good times. The only thing you can do is be honest with him from now on, and give him time and space to process the information and the hurt. The rest is up to him. The fact that he is still talking to you is a good sign that things may get better again eventually. But you can't force it.
+1. This is probably your best course of action. Give him a little time and space, and then don't lie to him again.
__________________
CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
Hair Type - 3A.
Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
LisaF1163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #7
 
Trenell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 5,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_me2 View Post
what do you mean by legal status? By being able to date him because of age? Then no it wont. The account that I had was my friends and she put she was 19 so I had to go along with that. He isnt that much older than me.
so you're at least 18? The reason I ask, b/c in this day and age it is unwise for a man to "chat" with underage girls, no matter if he's only a few years older. Also, are you out of high school? (19, for the most part means out of school. 18, not always.)

Oh wait. Are you OLDER than you said?
__________________


Blog
Trenell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

Yes im 18.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
 
cympreni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default

I seen your one post before you edited it. You seemed to indicate that you were underage. Before you responded to trenell's post I searched your post history looking for clues to your age, and in one you say you're 14.

So which is it, 14 or 18?

People don't usually get upset over lying about just 1 year. If you're underage, then adult men don't usually like being friends with underage girls. It can be very bad news for them.
cympreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

I'm 18 I didn't know what she meant by legal status. He is about to turn 20. In some places I think that 18 is still considered under age. I just turned 18.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

p.s I share my curly account with my younger sister. That's why the 14 came up. She gets on a here a bit more than me.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
 
luvmylocs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 8,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cympreni View Post
I seen your one post before you edited it. You seemed to indicate that you were underage. Before you responded to trenell's post I searched your post history looking for clues to your age, and in one you say you're 14.

So which is it, 14 or 18?

People don't usually get upset over lying about just 1 year. If you're underage, then adult men don't usually like being friends with underage girls. It can be very bad news for them.
if you are under 18 you should stop talking to him. you could get him in trouble and that's not fair because of lies. is your age the only thing you lied about and have now come clean about or is there more?
__________________
a dreamy pisces
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Last edited by luvmylocs; 04-14-2009 at 10:39 AM.
luvmylocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
 
cympreni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default

Then why did you say you were 14 in another thread?
cympreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_me2 View Post
p.s I share my curly account with my younger sister. That's why the 14 came up. She gets on a here a bit more than me.
It seems like you cause confusion everywhere by sharing accounts with people. Probably best to stop this practice.
__________________
"Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
newcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

no it was just my age.

It said I was 14 because I share this account, my little sister gets on or hair advice alot more than I do.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcurly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_me2 View Post
p.s I share my curly account with my younger sister. That's why the 14 came up. She gets on a here a bit more than me.
It seems like you cause confusion everywhere by sharing accounts with people. Probably best to stop this practice.
Yeah I know! I noticed that! I hate spam mail from sites I join so I usually try to borrow a friends account or use and old one. I think I'll just let my sister have this and get another one.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
 
geeky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_me2 View Post
p.s I share my curly account with my younger sister. That's why the 14 came up. She gets on a here a bit more than me.
That sounds kinda shady to me. If it is really true, then sharing an account is a terrible idea. No one will know which person is really posting. Get your own account, they are free.

If you are really 14, then you should stop communicating with this guy. You will get him in trouble with the law. And you will eventually get yourself into big trouble with a guy who is not so nice.
__________________
To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
 
cympreni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,026
Default

Why would you lie about 1 year?

On wait, I see you said you were using your friend's account. Why didn't you just tell him upfront if it was nothing? Why continue the lie?
cympreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

I didn't think it was a big deal about 1 year because I will be 19 soon anyways. I didn't want to confuse him at the beggining so I waited to tell him. Then I came to my senses he would surely want to know how it's possible to repeat the age 19 and not go on to 20 when my b day came around.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 306
Default

@Geeky
If I create my own account is it possible to minimize spam/junk mail? I hate having to dig through junk mail just to find an email from a friend or relative.
curly_stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com