View Poll Results: What should I be for Halloween?
Punk Fairy 18 32.73%
Snow White 19 34.55%
Naughty Nun 9 16.36%
Pageant Contestant 9 16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

I know it's a month away, but...

My problem is that it seems people are keeping track of what I say in an effort to be rude about it later on. I have seen other people post about "getting laid" and various orifices and I could not tell you who said what, let alone judge those people.

I think this whole tramp thing has gotten pretty hilarious because what I think has happened is people have looked at what I've posted and assumed it was about all these different guys. And I think we all know what happens when we assume.

Anyway, I'll take the title of nc.com tramp because I'd rather be a tramp than rude and judgemental.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana
Diana, you need to stop being so defensive.

Personally, I think that the "who got laid last night" thread is a bit ridiculous and childish for ANYONE to post in, but that's just me. I don't feel it's neccessary to tell people the last time I had sex. I am 30 years old...who cares if I have sex? People ahve been having sex since the dawn of time, I just don't think it's neccesary to tell someone if it was last week or last year. Who cares? You had sex, good for you.

No one is calling you a tramp and you need to stop saying that we are assuming that it's all about different guys...because it's not. It's about how you present yourself online and in person. If you advertise that you enjoy certain things on your MySpace page and on message boards, you're going to attract people, men, whatever.

If you act like a tramp and shout it from the roof tops, good for you for expressing youreself!!! But as it's been mentioned, don't complain when people start treating you like a tramp...or agree with what you're shouting.

No one is being judgemental...you've posted things on here that allow for people to draw certain conclusions. No one is following you around, either...there are just some posts and posters that you remember. I can remember posts from 5 years ago and who posted them...jsut because they "stuck."
Originally Posted by M2LR & Co.
[Guano] Hey, I had special circumstances for posting in that thread! Rip Van Winkle woke up after 6 years! It had been almost a year since we had even attempted! I was damn near shouting from my rooftop about it! I have my boyfriend back--COMPLETELY--and I was so ecstatic, I had to "tell" someone! I haven't posted again, because I've been too tired to !!!!![Guano]

Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
Cowash-V05 Extra Body
L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
JFLVM
BRHG mix w/
KCCC/KCKT (winter)
Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites
~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them
I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
I knew someone would eventually pass moral judgement! I know trampy may not be everyone's bag but that's how I typically dress for Halloween. No one who knows me will be shocked by any of these outfits.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana


Well, I wasn't passing judgment. but since you seem to think I am, think what ever you want. For the record I'm only going by your past posts in other threads. You want to dress like a tramp, and act like a tramp. Don't be surprised when people consider you a tramp. You want to be considered one, so be it.
Originally Posted by YolyC


I'd go with Snow White.
Originally Posted by KatieCoolLady
She did live with all those guys, though...

I am kind of leaning towards Snow White. Thanks.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana

Love your SOH...Snow White it is!


Code:
I'm lookin' at you cyndi & medussa...
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
You want photos of me???

Why???
My problem is that it seems people are keeping track of what I say in an effort to be rude about it later on. I have seen other people post about "getting laid" and various orifices and I could not tell you who said what, let alone judge those people.

I think this whole tramp thing has gotten pretty hilarious because what I think has happened is people have looked at what I've posted and assumed it was about all these different guys. And I think we all know what happens when we assume.

Anyway, I'll take the title of nc.com tramp because I'd rather be a tramp than rude and judgemental.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana
Diana, you need to stop being so defensive.

Personally, I think that the "who got laid last night" thread is a bit ridiculous and childish for ANYONE to post in, but that's just me. I don't feel it's neccessary to tell people the last time I had sex. I am 30 years old...who cares if I have sex? People ahve been having sex since the dawn of time, I just don't think it's neccesary to tell someone if it was last week or last year. Who cares? You had sex, good for you.

No one is calling you a tramp and you need to stop saying that we are assuming that it's all about different guys...because it's not. It's about how you present yourself online and in person. If you advertise that you enjoy certain things on your MySpace page and on message boards, you're going to attract people, men, whatever.

If you act like a tramp and shout it from the roof tops, good for you for expressing youreself!!! But as it's been mentioned, don't complain when people start treating you like a tramp...or agree with what you're shouting.

No one is being judgemental...you've posted things on here that allow for people to draw certain conclusions. No one is following you around, either...there are just some posts and posters that you remember. I can remember posts from 5 years ago and who posted them...jsut because they "stuck."
Originally Posted by M2LR & Co.
[Guano] Hey, I had special circumstances for posting in that thread! Rip Van Winkle woke up after 6 years! It had been almost a year since we had even attempted! I was damn near shouting from my rooftop about it! I have my boyfriend back--COMPLETELY--and I was so ecstatic, I had to "tell" someone! I haven't posted again, because I've been too tired to !!!!![Guano]
Originally Posted by ~Ghost Poster~
Hey, I am all for the excitement of getting laid, but is it REALLY neccessary to tell someone everytime..."Last night. And twice on Monday!!!" WOO HOO! You're getting laid like the rest of the world.

Just to see it coming from some people, I think it's a little childish. Kinda like kissing and telling in High School.
I agree, it IS a bit childish, but why can't we just give our ladies a virtual high five and move on? Women should be more like men sometimes--only sometimes--this is one of them. Pat your sisters on the back for celebrating their sexuality! I, for one, love to see a tasteless-yet- harmless thread like this on a female board (The sex, thread, that is). Why should the guys have all the fun?

Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
Cowash-V05 Extra Body
L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
JFLVM
BRHG mix w/
KCCC/KCKT (winter)
Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites
~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them
I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
ITA
I agree, it IS a bit childish, but why can't we just give our ladies a virtual high five and move on? Women should be more like men sometimes--only sometimes--this is one of them. Pat your sisters on the back for celebrating their sexuality! I, for one, love to see a tasteless-yet- harmless thread like this on a female board (The sex, thread, that is). Why should the guys have all the fun?
Originally Posted by ~Ghost Poster~
I agree, and what's more is no one is being forced to read any particular thread. I don't like football so if I see a thread about it I don't read that thread and then post in other threads saying footballs stinks and people who watch it are childish.

And for those who wished for a "none of the above" option on this poll there was one: don't vote.
2C/3A -- wurly!
I agree, it IS a bit childish, but why can't we just give our ladies a virtual high five and move on? Women should be more like men sometimes--only sometimes--this is one of them. Pat your sisters on the back for celebrating their sexuality! I, for one, love to see a tasteless-yet- harmless thread like this on a female board (The sex, thread, that is). Why should the guys have all the fun?
Originally Posted by ~Ghost Poster~
So for women to be more equal, we have to stoop to the degrading level of men? I'd rather them start be more respecful like women personally.
I guess I am secure and mature enough that when I do get laid, I don't need high fives...real or virtual.

And I don't know of any mature men that still high five each other when they get some, either.

And for those who wished for a "none of the above" option on this poll there was one: don't vote.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana
They didn't. They told you instead.

If you don't want opinions you might not like on a public messageboard, don't ask for them or put information out there about yourself from which an opinion can be formed.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
I knew someone would eventually pass moral judgement! I know trampy may not be everyone's bag but that's how I typically dress for Halloween. No one who knows me will be shocked by any of these outfits.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana


Well, I wasn't passing judgment. but since you seem to think I am, think what ever you want. For the record I'm only going by your past posts in other threads. You want to dress like a tramp, and act like a tramp. Don't be surprised when people consider you a tramp. You want to be considered one, so be it.
Originally Posted by YolyC


I'd go with Snow White.
Originally Posted by KatieCoolLady
She did live with all those guys, though...

I am kind of leaning towards Snow White. Thanks.
Originally Posted by wonderdiana

Love your SOH...Snow White it is!


Code:
I'm lookin' at you cyndi & medussa...
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
You want photos of me???

Why???
Originally Posted by cyndi
I was just goofin'...
I agree, it IS a bit childish, but why can't we just give our ladies a virtual high five and move on? Women should be more like men sometimes--only sometimes--this is one of them. Pat your sisters on the back for celebrating their sexuality! I, for one, love to see a tasteless-yet- harmless thread like this on a female board (The sex, thread, that is). Why should the guys have all the fun?
Originally Posted by ~Ghost Poster~
Good point, but some women do seem to have a problem with a woman being openly sexual, or wearing skimpy clothes, or talking about anything that is outside the realm of prim and proper marital sex. It can get tedious, which is probably why I have far more male friends than female ones.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I agree, it IS a bit childish, but why can't we just give our ladies a virtual high five and move on? Women should be more like men sometimes--only sometimes--this is one of them. Pat your sisters on the back for celebrating their sexuality! I, for one, love to see a tasteless-yet- harmless thread like this on a female board (The sex, thread, that is). Why should the guys have all the fun?
Originally Posted by ~Ghost Poster~
Good point, but some women do seem to have a problem with a woman being openly sexual, or wearing skimpy clothes, or talking about anything that is outside the realm of prim and proper marital sex. It can get tedious, which is probably why I have far more male friends than female ones.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Not sure if you were directing this to me or not, but I will comment anyways, LOL.

I have NO problems with female or male sexuality at all. As humans, we are sexual creatures. I don't have a problem with dressing sexy, as long as it's tasteful. I don't have a problem with men's magazines depicting women scantily dressed, or not dressed at all. I don't have problems with porn; movies or otherwise.
However, I just don't see the need to broadcast certain things, nor publisize them in a manner that's just asking for trouble. Being a single, young girl at one time myself, putting out that kind of message is just going to attract the wrong types of people...in general. I am not talking about Halloween...but just day to day living/partying/whatever.

Good point, but some women do seem to have a problem with a woman being openly sexual, or wearing skimpy clothes, or talking about anything that is outside the realm of prim and proper marital sex. It can get tedious, which is probably why I have far more male friends than female ones.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I disagree. I think few women have a problem with it. But a lot of women have a problem with it being 90% of what a woman discusses. If for no other reason, it's friggin tedious and boring. I would not want anything discussed by an individual to take up 90% of the topics. But that has been the case with some people on this forum lately, and it's not like we speak to them off of the forum and get different topics there.
It wasn't directed at you

But, thanks for the reply! More to the mix is good!

There are certain people, like Mariah Carey, who get on my nerves for the inability to cover up when needed. But, as a whole, I figure that if a woman want to dress like a skank 24/7, (not directed at anyone in particular) she may as well. No advice from me about how a man might treat her is going to do much good. Like it or not, in the US, women who dress more provacatively do seem to get more positive feedback from men. Perhaps less respect, but more positive feedback. I was just as bad in my twenties, and no one could tell me any differently. At 37, I know better now, but there are still tough societal issues to deal with. I can bet that at many Halloween parties frequented by young women, the costumes in the OP would be common and not shocking. Boring maybe since everyone does it, but not shocking. Young modest women just aren't as valued as young women who are willing to show some skin.

I am so glad not to be in my twenties anymore - partly because of this.

It's an issue that won't go away by lecturing those who do it though. it just goes too deeply.

I still think that women are harder on their own than guys are though. I am always far more on guard around other women than I am with men.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
To piggyback redcelitccurls reasoning about the younger crowd.

They can and DO wear very slutty outfits.

If some of you are getting your panties in a twist over the ones posted in this thread, you'd be rolling your eyes so much they'd pop out of your head if you saw what girls are actually wearing to these parties when they are near 20.

For just asking for advice on one of her four choices, this thread certainly has taken a dive for the worst.

I'd go for the Punk Fairy myself, but I'm partial to the punk/goth look in moderation. But they should all work rather well, with least emphasis on the Beauty Pageant girl.

-Litos
Stephen Fry on "respect" and being "offended".
Calgon take me away.
To piggyback redcelitccurls reasoning about the younger crowd.

They can and DO wear very slutty outfits.

If some of you are getting your panties in a twist over the ones posted in this thread, you'd be rolling your eyes so much they'd pop out of your head if you saw what girls are actually wearing to these parties when they are near 20.

For just asking for advice on one of her four choices, this thread certainly has taken a dive for the worst.

I'd go for the Punk Fairy myself, but I'm partial to the punk/goth look in moderation. But they should all work rather well, with least emphasis on the Beauty Pageant girl.

-Litos
Originally Posted by DJ Machismo
Oh, I see it. I get a good laugh out of the bottom of the boob cleavage from cut off shirts.

I still think it's because younger (and some not so younger)guys will pay more attention to the ones who show more skin. Who pays attention to the fully clothed woman at a party like that?

I voted for the Punk Fairy too. It's just edgier.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
It wasn't directed at you

But, thanks for the reply! More to the mix is good!

There are certain people, like Mariah Carey, who get on my nerves for the inability to cover up when needed. But, as a whole, I figure that if a woman want to dress like a skank 24/7, (not directed at anyone in particular) she may as well. No advice from me about how a man might treat her is going to do much good. Like it or not, in the US, women who dress more provacatively do seem to get more positive feedback from men. Perhaps less respect, but more positive feedback. I was just as bad in my twenties, and no one could tell me any differently. At 37, I know better now, but there are still tough societal issues to deal with. I can bet that at many Halloween parties frequented by young women, the costumes in the OP would be common and not shocking. Boring maybe since everyone does it, but not shocking. Young modest women just aren't as valued as young women who are willing to show some skin.

I am so glad not to be in my twenties anymore - partly because of this.

It's an issue that won't go away by lecturing those who do it though. it just goes too deeply.

I still think that women are harder on their own than guys are though. I am always far more on guard around other women than I am with men.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Oh, of course, ITA with all of your post.

It IS about getting attention, and like you'd stated, it will get the attention, but not always the attention that is needed, if that makes sense.

I am still in my twenties (for another month at least), and I think that there is a certain maturity leve that's reached when you realize that your dont' HAVE to show skin to get attention. Unfortunately, our society doesn't always recognize that either - SEX SELLS.
... I think that there is a certain maturity leve that's reached when you realize that your dont' HAVE to show skin to get attention. Unfortunately, our society doesn't always recognize that either - SEX SELLS.
Originally Posted by M2LR & Co.

ITA with all that. Sex does sell. I'd look like a goofy poser dressing like that at my age and perhaps size, but I can see why the attraction is there to dress that way.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
It wasn't directed at you

But, thanks for the reply! More to the mix is good!

There are certain people, like Mariah Carey, who get on my nerves for the inability to cover up when needed. But, as a whole, I figure that if a woman want to dress like a skank 24/7, (not directed at anyone in particular) she may as well. No advice from me about how a man might treat her is going to do much good. Like it or not, in the US, women who dress more provacatively do seem to get more positive feedback from men. Perhaps less respect, but more positive feedback. I was just as bad in my twenties, and no one could tell me any differently. At 37, I know better now, but there are still tough societal issues to deal with. I can bet that at many Halloween parties frequented by young women, the costumes in the OP would be common and not shocking. Boring maybe since everyone does it, but not shocking. Young modest women just aren't as valued as young women who are willing to show some skin.

I am so glad not to be in my twenties anymore - partly because of this.

It's an issue that won't go away by lecturing those who do it though. it just goes too deeply.

I still think that women are harder on their own than guys are though. I am always far more on guard around other women than I am with men.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Great post. This is definitely something that runs deep and why I hate being in my mid-twenties or "growing up" the way things are in the past ten years. It runs so deep, and affects so much of one's self worth.
I'm surprised there are people here who still think it's all about the costumes.

It's not about the costumes.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com