So I Placed My Orders....

I am so tempted to try the generic Latisse from ADC. I am concerned about the iris darkening warning for Latisse. Any longtime users see any of that?
Originally Posted by Spiralli

My eyes are still green after 16 months. Even if they turn brown, I'll have no regrets. I'd rather have brown eyes with lashes than bald green eyes.
It's been a little over 4 weeks and my light green eyes haven't changed. I'm loving the results. I was shopping and having lunch with my daughter today and she asked if I had, had the individual lashes put on. Yea! it's working.

I put it on my lower lashes, too, and of course the eyebrows. I'm not seeing much in the eyebrow area, but I'm going to keep applying. They say it takes 16 weeks for the max results.

I still don't see a difference without mascara. Maybe after 16 weeks.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I am going to keep an eye on this thread. With my luck, I will be the one in 1000 that has eye color change. I definitely have more sparse lashes than I did a few years ago, so I would considering ordering the generic with my next ADC order.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
So, I did my nightly routine and I looked in my magnifying mirror (don't do that too often) and I can see where I am getting new eyebrow hairs. Just so you know, it is working there, also. I wonder if it would work on my head hair. I may need to order more.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
My eyelashes are so long now. I have to adjust my glasses, so they don't hit. I don't see them getting thicker, just longer.

My eyebrows are getting thicker and darker.
From Michael Berg:

I love reading about these updates! I am so jealous! Maybe I will get brave enough to try it sometime. The generic Latisse is called Careprost (or maybe I have that product name mixed up with something else)?
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
You are right on the generic name. I got mine for $10 a bottle. I'll be ordering more. I haven't seen my friend who is buying latisse for $80 a bottle. It will be interesting to see her reaction. My daughter has already noticed the difference.
From Michael Berg:

I am going to keep an eye on this thread. With my luck, I will be the one in 1000 that has eye color change. I definitely have more sparse lashes than I did a few years ago, so I would considering ordering the generic with my next ADC order.
I think this happened with the higher strength one that is a glaucoma drug, not the latisse? But I think if you have light colored eyes maybe you would see even small changes, so might be risky.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!

Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 09-12-2010 at 02:59 PM.
The warning about possible permanent iris color change is part of the verbal disclaimer in the Latisse commercials on TV, and in magazines. Maybe I will get some and try it on just my eyebrows. That sounds sort of promising also!
I think this happened with the higher strength one that is a glaucoma drug, not the latisse? But I think if you have light colored eyes maybe you would see even small changes, so might be risky.
Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL
My eyes are very light green and there have been no changes. I guess time will tell.
From Michael Berg:

I wouldn't buy Latisse just for eyebrows. Minoxidil (Rogaine) is more readily available (and in larger quantities...maybe even cheaper) if you want to try a hair-growth product on eyebrows.

Just don't use Rogaine on your eyelashes. It's not safe for eyes.
They have a generic Rogaine at Costco that is a lot cheaper. I may try that.
From Michael Berg:

So far (it's only been a little over two weeks) I'm not seeing much of a change in length or darkness. I am seeing lots of new little lashes on my lower lids. I'm assuming that's also the case on the upper lids too. Oh please, oh please, oh please let them darken up too. I looked at the before and after case studies on the Latisse website and my poor before lashes are waaaaaay skimpier than any of the women on there. I did notice that they all looked like they started with pretty dark hair to begin with so who knows if mine will darken up or not.
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
So far (it's only been a little over two weeks) I'm not seeing much of a change in length or darkness. I am seeing lots of new little lashes on my lower lids. I'm assuming that's also the case on the upper lids too. Oh please, oh please, oh please let them darken up too. I looked at the before and after case studies on the Latisse website and my poor before lashes are waaaaaay skimpier than any of the women on there. I did notice that they all looked like they started with pretty dark hair to begin with so who knows if mine will darken up or not.
Originally Posted by eche428

My lashes were very skimpy to start with, and I did not experience an extreme improvement, but it's enough that I look like a normal person...dare I say I even have the lashes of a young normal person. Latisse can only do just so much if you're not working with a lot to begin with. I think it took a full 6 months to see full results.

My lashes darkened a little, but I was dark to start with. I don't know how much darkening you can expect if you are a naturally light-haired person.
Yeah, RCW, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. But, hey, any improvement I'll take!
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
Mine haven't darkened and like I've said I didn't notice a big difference until I put on mascara. They are definitely longer.
From Michael Berg:

I bought Latisse (Lumigan, Allergan) yesterday.
I'm glad some of these things are (still) sold over the counter in my country. It wasn't that cheap, about $25.

I plan to use in my upper and lower lashes and in my eyebrows.
3a/b, CG mostly.
Mexico City.
I have a friend here in the states who is paying $80 per bottle, so the $25 seems pretty cheap to me. She is getting a discount and someone places here sell it for up to $110 per bottle.

I ordered the Rogaine, so I'll start using that on my brows. This is what RCW recommended. My brows have really filled in and darkened with the Latisse.
From Michael Berg:

I ordered the Rogaine, so I'll start using that on my brows. This is what RCW recommended. My brows have really filled in and darkened with the Latisse.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves

To be clear, I just started using generic Rogaine on my eyebrows and while I think I'm seeing some growth, it's going to be a couple months before I know for sure. I'm hoping it will help to regrow brow hairs in areas where I overplucked them years ago. It's a longshot, because those hairs have been gone for a LONG tme.

Women need to be careful with Rogaine, because it can cause facial hair growth where we don't want facial hair. I apply it with a brush in the specific area I want, and I don't apply before bedtime, when it could get spread to areas of my face where I don't want it while I'm sleeping.
I bought it mainly for my hairline and thinning scalp. The latisse has definitely made a difference in my brow area. I plan on using it there. I actually need to pluck or have my brows waxed. I am embarrassed to say that I let one of my latisse bottles lay on its side and it drained out, so I had to order more. With the $25 shipping fee I thought I had to make it worthwhile to order more latisse, so I ordered the Rogaine.
From Michael Berg:

Trending Topics