Undereye circles

just thought i'd report back 3 months after i bought the edward bess concealer, for anyone who is considering buying it -- loving it more and more!!
i just wish i could buy it locally, as $35 is not a bad price for something that will probably last me more than 2 years, but i will toss it earlier.. lol! you can only get it at bergdoff's -- it's the shipping, but at the rate it lasts and the way it works for me, it's well worth it.
so glad i read this thread!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Have just ordered some of the Edward Bess, there's a website in the UK that ships overseas, bit pricier than the US but with the exchange rate atm it hasn't worked out much more than the now discontinued Prescriptives one I've been using. And I actually saved on shipping as I've just had it posted to my parents over there who are coming for a visit in Jan.
Fingers crossed it's a decent match when I get it, always a bit dodgy picking colours over the net. Thanks for the rec rbb.
3b in South Australia.
Just noticed that Bergdorf's is offering free shipping this month....just ordered me some Edward Bess - concealer and lipstick in Tender Rose. Merry Christmas to me!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Just noticed that Bergdorf's is offering free shipping this month....just ordered me some Edward Bess - concealer and lipstick in Tender Rose. Merry Christmas to me!
Originally Posted by 2poodles
I have that lipstick too. It stays on pretty well compared to most brands. I also have the cream blush and I like that as a lipstick also.
thanks on the free shipping tip! even tho i don't need another one now, i ordered one (it is backordered) and will hold onto it. never know when i'll lose it/leave it somewhere/drop it on the floor of a public bathroom... hahaha!! nice to have a backup, my next one, for no shipping charges.
i looked at the lipsticks, and altho all the reviews i googled were great, i find it very difficult judging colors on the computer, so i showed restraint.
:-)

btw, on their website it says free shipping til dec. 8th, not the entire month. ??????
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
Can someone do a side by side of the Edward Bess with the Cle de peau which I love.....
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Yes, I bought the Cle de Peau but I'd love to see a side by side. I think the Cle may be a little too greasy for me.

ETA has anyone tried the Clinique All About Eyes Concealer? I like their All About Eyes moisturizer very much and they have now combined it into a concealer. I'm tempted!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift

Last edited by curlypearl; 12-13-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Yes, I bought the Cle de Peau but I'd love to see a side by side. I think the Cle may be a little too greasy for me.

ETA has anyone tried the Clinique All About Eyes Concealer? I like their All About Eyes moisturizer very much and they have now combined it into a concealer. I'm tempted!
Originally Posted by curlypearl
I agree the Cle feels greasy on my finger, but stays put all day (first concealer I dont have to reapply all day)
My Photobucket Album
This is my favorite concealer, and it's really affordable. I use the All About Eyes moisturizer too, and love it!
~ Wendi in IL
3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
CG since March 2010
Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
Low Poo: Desert Essence
Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
Leave-In:
Cure Care, KCKT
Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG

okay, now i am curious about the cle de peau and the new clinique eye concealers.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
Can someone do a side by side of the Edward Bess with the Cle de peau which I love.....
Originally Posted by rudeechick
I'm not sure what you mean by a side by side unless you want the reasons why we like one over the other. I haven't had the Cle for a few years, but what I mainly remember is that is wasn't worth $70. For that price it should have been amazing and it was just ordinary to me. I still like the Edward Bess better mainly becuase of the price. I will say the EB is not doing as well on my red patches as I orginally had thought, but overall it is still the best one I have ever used.
Just out of curiosity... how many of y'all Edward Bess fans realized that THIS is him....:
Welcome to Facebook

Is this for real; he's like, 12!!!!!!
My Photobucket Album
Just out of curiosity... how many of y'all Edward Bess fans realized that THIS is him....:
Welcome to Facebook

Is this for real; he's like, 12!!!!!!
I can't do FB at work but he's on Youtube also.
I'm not sure what you mean by a side by side unless you want the reasons why we like one over the other. I haven't had the Cle for a few years, but what I mainly remember is that is wasn't worth $70. For that price it should have been amazing and it was just ordinary to me. I still like the Edward Bess better mainly becuase of the price. I will say the EB is not doing as well on my red patches as I orginally had thought, but overall it is still the best one I have ever used.
Originally Posted by sdc
so if cle de peau were the same price as edward bess, which would you prefer?
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
i did some googling and found these reviews comparing both:

cle de peau concealer reviews - Google Search
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
I still hold on to the Bobbi Brown duo concealer/powder. I put it on with a brush, it goes on very smoothly and covers those circles fabulously. I had been using Cargo's, but it seemed to disappear after application.
3a/b
Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

http://public.fotki.com/sharon5152/
Originally Posted by sdc
so if cle de peau were the same price as edward bess, which would you prefer?
Originally Posted by rbb
Sorry, I just saw this. I would still get the EB. I think the EB is better overall and still the best one I have ever used, but I am a bit bummed that I still have to touch up around my nose during the day. The EB does a great job under my eyes though, and if I had too I would pay the $70 for this but never again for the CDP.
Well, I'll have to break down and try the E. Bess. The Cle hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I'll probably try it in the New Year and I'll report back.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Well, I'll have to break down and try the E. Bess. The Cle hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I'll probably try it in the New Year and I'll report back.
I love the Cle... but I am so tempted... what to do?
My Photobucket Album
obviously the cle might not be perfect otherwise you wouldn't be looking around. lol!!
the edward bess is not perfect, either, but it is the best i have ever used and i think is pretty close. the only problem i have is that if i use too much moisturizer under my eye sometimes i have to reapply the concealer.
if you are thinking of trying it, i THINK bergdoff is offering free shipping til christmas, so you should check and see. the shipping is pricey, and makes the $35 into the 40s.
i would try the cle, but don't want to spend $70 if it doesn't work. i may after the holidays try it in the dept store a few times.
however, i do love the edward bess. i even use it on the top lid on the days i want to wear almost no makeup, just concealer and blush. i was able to match the shade perfectly thanks to reading some of the reviews.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]

Trending Topics