Undereye circles

Is this the right Edward Bess concealer? I found it on Amazon for $15 + $4.50 S&H. It's the Ivory/Nude color.
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
that's it! great catch!
so then i jumped onto amazon to see if i could find cle at a cheap price -- it's there, but still $70.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Is this the right Edward Bess concealer? I found it on Amazon for $15 + $4.50 S&H. It's the Ivory/Nude color.
Originally Posted by kasden

That should be, just be sure to check out pictures somewhere so that you know that is the color you want.

curlypearl - I'll be really interested in what you think of it.
Just noticed that Bergdorf's is offering free shipping this month....just ordered me some Edward Bess - concealer and lipstick in Tender Rose. Merry Christmas to me!
Originally Posted by 2poodles
Are you liking these?
obviously the cle might not be perfect otherwise you wouldn't be looking around. lol!!
the edward bess is not perfect, either, but it is the best i have ever used and i think is pretty close. the only problem i have is that if i use too much moisturizer under my eye sometimes i have to reapply the concealer.
if you are thinking of trying it, i THINK bergdoff is offering free shipping til christmas, so you should check and see. the shipping is pricey, and makes the $35 into the 40s.
i would try the cle, but don't want to spend $70 if it doesn't work. i may after the holidays try it in the dept store a few times.
however, i do love the edward bess. i even use it on the top lid on the days i want to wear almost no makeup, just concealer and blush. i was able to match the shade perfectly thanks to reading some of the reviews.
Originally Posted by rbb
I just wanted to add the I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded.
Just got the Edward Bess concealer and the lipstick in Tender Rose. Took awhile - not too sure why. The concealer is really, really nice. The color is perfect for me and the finish is just right. It seems to last longer than the cle de peau. And I love the lipstick - fabulous color - like my natural lip color, only brighter, and the feel of the lipstick is wonderful - light and creamy.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

is there a strong scent with the lipstick?
i wanted to take advantage of the free shipping and order one, but so many of the reviews complain that the scent is strong.
also, i cannot find tender rose on the internet -- only tender love.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
I think she means Tender Love. The scent is stronger than other lipsticks, but I like it. I actually think it's a really pretty scent.

ETA: I don't notice it once it's on my lips but definitely right out of the tube.
Just went on the Bergdorf site to order it, was swayed by the free shipping.... But it didnt offer it to me.... Shipping and Tax brought it up to 50... and I still have half a tube of CDP left....
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
late this morning there was still free shipping. it's not big, but look around and you will see it on the home page.
they offered free overnight shipping for christmas, bghurry (or bfghurry)
and free shipping regular, bgfship (or bgship).

i am going to get back on and order the lipstick if there still is free shipping as there was a few hours ago.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
the free overnight shipping is good for any order by noon, tomorrow, the 23rd. it is BGHURRY.

the other one is BGSHIP. i don't know how long that is good for.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
the free overnight shipping is good for any order by noon, tomorrow, the 23rd. it is BGHURRY.

the other one is BGSHIP. i don't know how long that is good for.
Originally Posted by rbb
Thanks - will try again!
My Photobucket Album
It worked! Got free overnite shipping!! Thanks
My Photobucket Album
THANKS for the shipping info. I used it to order the powder Cle de Peau foundation. I already use the cream, but I like powders and I am a makeup junkie so I decided free shipping (no tax either), was too good to pass up.

It's back ordered so it won't come until next month, but since I don't actually need it, that's ok.
OK, so I got my EB and used it a few times; I will stick with CDP. First off, I am very fair w yellow undertones, and the lightest shade was not yellow enough for me (looks too whitish under my eyes). It's also not nearly as creamy, IMO, as the CDP, nor does it have the same coverage.

Oh well...
My Photobucket Album
the color ivory nude is the right shade/tones for me. however, the way you describe cdp as more creamy has made me decide next time i am in the dept store i will try the sample.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
the color ivory nude is the right shade/tones for me. however, the way you describe cdp as more creamy has made me decide next time i am in the dept store i will try the sample.
Originally Posted by rbb
The ivorynude would be my correct tone if CDP or bobbi brown didnt exist....But those 2 lines cater to the yellow cast my skin needs. regardless, too dry for me I say try the tester first if you can - wish I had!
My Photobucket Album
I saw this interesting concealer tip on Rachael Ray the other day...
"slightly dry out your foundation or tinted moisturizer so there is less for your skin to absorb. Put a little bit onto a plate, a bowl or even in the cap. Leave it out for a few days and the water in it is going to evaporate, and you're going to be left with this kind of creamy consistency concealer, and you'll use that. Because the water has already evaporated, your skin is not going to absorb it."

I tried it and it worked! I let it sit out for about 8 hours (it's really dry here). It thickens your foundation so you can use it as a concealer.

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
I saw this interesting concealer tip on Rachael Ray the other day...
"slightly dry out your foundation or tinted moisturizer so there is less for your skin to absorb. Put a little bit onto a plate, a bowl or even in the cap. Leave it out for a few days and the water in it is going to evaporate, and you're going to be left with this kind of creamy consistency concealer, and you'll use that. Because the water has already evaporated, your skin is not going to absorb it."

I tried it and it worked! I let it sit out for about 8 hours (it's really dry here). It thickens your foundation so you can use it as a concealer.
Originally Posted by kasden
Ha! A terrific tip! But what are you doing in the 40+ thread? I thought you were a youngun. You must have a very young spirit. Anyway, I'm trying out your idea. I'll leave it out overnight.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Ha! A terrific tip! But what are you doing in the 40+ thread? I thought you were a youngun. You must have a very young spirit. Anyway, I'm trying out your idea. I'll leave it out overnight.
Originally Posted by curlypearl
Aww - you're a sweetie! I'm a 40+ youngun like you!

"

Trending Topics