Undereye circles

2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
OK, so I got my EB and used it a few times; I will stick with CDP. First off, I am very fair w yellow undertones, and the lightest shade was not yellow enough for me (looks too whitish under my eyes). It's also not nearly as creamy, IMO, as the CDP, nor does it have the same coverage.

Oh well...
Originally Posted by rudeechick
Too bad the color didn't work for you. I actually like that the concealer isn't as creamy as the CDP one. I found the CDP one would melt away and the EB stays on better. Oh well - nice to have options!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

okay, this thread got to the pj in me. i got to a dept store armed with several gift cards and looked at the cdp concealer. and of course the saleswomen (one not selling cdp) said how great it is........ and, since undereye circles has been a problem for me (genetically, my mom had them) forever, i caved in and spent my gift card on it.
it was okay at first, but i found it caked up on me, seemed to wear off in spots, caked on in others.
so, back to edward bess which i love even more. i even love it when i am not wearing any eye makeup, just concealer below and on my lid, and a little blush. as i said in a previous post, it is not perfect, but it sure is close to it!
of course, i am annoyed that i spent the money. am thinking about returning the cdp, which is the store policy; however, they always treat you like a criminal on the very rare occasions i do return something.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine

Last edited by rbb; 01-22-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Just return it and ignore their bad attitude! Thats alot of money to eat... I returned the EB and am so happy I did.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I totally agree with rudeechick. IME, any store that is swanky enough to sell cdp products should be classy enough to have great customer service and not cause a customer think twice about keeping/returning a product that doesn't work for them. Return!
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
you are both right! thanks for the support, i will do it this week!
and have fun thinking about my store credit, and what i can buy.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
My EB arrived, courtesy of my parents visit, about 3 weeks ago and I have to say so far, so good. The colour isn't perfect (colours never are on me) but it's much more creamy than the Prescriptives one I've been using and doesn't go patchy and dry which is always an issue for me. It also seems to last longer, though is easy to touch-up if needed without then looking cakey. Glad I read this thread.
3b in South Australia.
I have had dark circles all my life and so far this has been the best. I use #1

jane iredale Mineral Makeup - Circle Delete
Apologies, I have not had time to go back and read the whole thread.

I have hereditary undereye circles. I have had them since I was very young. A combination of thin skin around the eyes and the shape of my eyes creating shadows.

My problem is that now when I wear concealer, it makes lines around my eyes appear, . When I don't have concealer on, you can't see any lines around my eyes at all. So the concealer makes me look even older.

I don't wear foundation because foundation ages me and I like a natural look. I have freckles and I don't like to hide them.

So my concealer has to be close to my natural skin tone.

Does anyone else have the problem of having to choose between dark circles and lines? Have you found any products that help?
Just came across this list of "favorite concealers" with reviews on Beautypedia - a free website with supposedly non-biased reviews of lots of different make up brands. It's fun to read the different reviews and develop a list of products to try....
2Poodles Southeast PA
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Malory - I know exactly how you feel with the lines and circles dilemma. For me it's no contest, covering the circles is always my priority. The lines aren't too bad (yet!) and as I'm almost 48 I feel that a few lines are somewhat acceptable, the circles though just make me look tired and ill and I'm very self-conscious of them. Sorry, not much help, I've not found any concealer yet that doesn't settle into my lines and I've just learnt to compromise and deal with the problem I dislike the most.
3b in South Australia.
Malory, I have the same issues. Trying to layer concealer under foundation (as I'd always been taught) only made the lines look more pronounced. I got the idea from this board of going with a slightly darker shade of concealer and using only that under my eyes. I use concealer immediately after applying eye cream (Kiss My Face Eyewitness), and use a light touch with the concealer. Works pretty well for me. My current favorite concealer is Maybelline Age Rewind. (It also has a highlighter end, which I don't use.) I am too cheap to try Edward Bess.
Verity - I just tried that Maybelline Instant Age Rewind - I like it a lot! I especially am impressed that the concealer doesn't crease or seem to accentuate my fine lines - I just have to use a small amount and a light touch. I use the highlighter end under my brows and in the inner corners of my eyes. And it's nice and inexpensive, too!! Highly recommended!
2Poodles Southeast PA

I'm going to try the Maybelline since I'm out of work and too broke right now to try something else! Thanks for the tip.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
I can't find Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in its old formula. It's now has a roller ball package (sounds like Roller Derby!) and has SPF--I cannot wear SPF in concealer. I am trying various drug store brands. Almay has one with a nice texture, but with only three shades, I can't find a match. Revlon Age Defying is the best so far, but the light-medium color is just not as good a match as the Maybelline shade I was using. :::::::sigh::::::::: Why do manufacturers always discontinue products I like?

My other issue is dry/flaky skin under my eyes, particularly just below the corners. That spot, particularly under one eye, almost looks chapped. Any recommendations for eye makeup remover (most irritate my eyes) and/or overnight moisturizer that will really baby and heal this delicate skin? Any concealer looks like crap if you put it over flaky skin.

Edited to add that the Maybelline site IS showing the old Age Rewind concealer, but when I try to buy it, all shades are out of stock. Maybe it really has been discontinued.

Last edited by Verity; 08-19-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Well that's really annoying! I can't believe Maybelline Age Rewind concealer has changed. I guess that's why it was on sale not too long ago. Glad I stocked up. I suppose I'll give the new formulation a chance once I run out....

As for dealing with flaky skin under the eyes, have you tried a product with AHA? They tend to do a nice job of exfoliating. Be sure to use one that's gentle or for more sensitive skin. I've been using Paula's Choice Resist AHA w/ 5% glycolic acid for almost a year and really like it.
2Poodles Southeast PA

OK, so I've just read the whole thread - have been looking for a decent concealer for ages and had a MUA at Bobbi Brown try the creamer concealer/powder combo on me last week. I thought the Bobbi brown concealer was pretty good - quite creamy and decent enough coverage (although it did settle in the creases a little) but I was told the powder was needed over to keep it in place (and there's the rub for me - I have dry skin and NEVER use powder as it is just too awful on me!) Have just taken a look at the Edward Bess line - had never heard of him before. What a gorgeous young chap! lol! So, after discovering a UK site that now stocks Edward Bess (Zuneta) have just ordered the Platinum Concealer in soft beige and, to get free delivery, a lipstick in Eternal Passion! Sight unseeen - which I would never normally do! I tend to not only try everything first but insist on samples too (have spent a fortune on stuff that does not work out for me!) The bloody internet is just too damned easy! Will post up my thoughts on the concealer when I've tried - really hoping it works out!
UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
Currently in my rotation:
Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41240927@N03/
I'm still loving the Edward Bess for under eyes but I ***think*** it's making me break out in other areas. I don't know for sure so I'm going to only use it under my eyes for the next couple weeks and see if the breakout issue goes away. Then I'll try again to see if the Bess is making me breakout, if it's a hormonal thing or if it's just a coincidence.
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
edward bess is still my hg -- use it daily for both undereyes and lids under any creme shadow or alone.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
Some stores really will accept returns of used cosmetics?

I am kind of scared of AHAs--don't they tend to make skin peel?

Trending Topics