How To Marry A Rich Man.....

Some of this would probably work in most relationships.

ATTITUDE

Before you even dream about climbing the economic dating ladder, make sure you've got the right attitude about yourself and the relationship you're after. If true love is your ultimate goal, you're more likely to find it grocery shopping than studying a man's bank statement. If you're looking for financial security, however, bucks are the bottom line. Though we often indulge in the romantic notion that financial security and true love come as a matching set, such cases are rare. In fact, if you're marrying for money, you can expect to compromise when it comes to compatibility.

Don't be confused. Finding a rich man and convincing him he NEEDS you is a well-planned and choreographed undertaking. There's no time for insecurity and little room for emotional indulgence. No matter how you look or feel about yourself, you must convince yourself of your own worth and learn to immediately dismiss feelings of self-doubt. Once you are convinced, your confidence will convince others as well.

Your new attitude may not take effect overnight, but there are some rules you should follow while your confidence is building.

1. Never argue with a compliment. When a man tells you that you're beautiful, sexy, or attractive, don't talk him out of it. There's no worse response to such a compliment than, "no, I'm not. I'm fat." Break yourself of this terrible habit before he decides you're right. Flattering comments, regardless of who issues them, should always be met with an expression of gratitude and dismissed. When he tells you he thinks you're gorgeous, smile and simply say, "Thank you."

2. Stop being jealous. It's important for him to think he needs you more than you need him. Displaying jealousy gives just the opposite impression, indicating you fear you would be easily replaced. Hiding your jealousy isn't enough. If you're in it to win it, you must stop being jealous entirely. Realize than a man who wants to play the field isn't going to be happy limiting himself to one woman, no matter how fabulous she is. If you feel his behavior is rousing negative feelings, don't fight it. Move on to the next rich man. There's lots of them.

3. Never say "I love you" first. If you're working your magic, he'll go mad waiting for you to express your love. Don't do it. Saying "I love you" too soon can trigger his commitment alarms and kill your budding relationship. Your silence, instead, will trap him in a passionate void.

START SMALL

You may be dreaming of the majors, but most ladies have to work their way up from the minor league. Chances are, you don't know very many multi-millionaires. However, you probably know men who are in a better professional and financial situation than you are. Those men probably socialize with men of even greater means. For the chance to work your magic on the man of your dreams, you may have to spend some time with the men who aspire to be him.

This doesn't mean you have to become sexually or emotionally involved with the men who serve as rungs on the ladder to marrying a rich man. In fact, sexual indiscretion can actually sabotage your future seductions. Simply serving as pleasant company and an attractive arm piece is enough to get you networking with the wealthy bachelors you seek. Spend a few months attending social functions with an up-and-comer and it won't be long before you've been introduced to all the men he thinks are important.

NETWORK

While you're rubbing elbows with your date's superiors, never forget that you're on the hunt. Talking to people, male and female, serves a number of purposes. The more people see you and talk to you, the less of an outsider you seem to them. Pleasant conversations will ensure that you have an identity and value in their community that is independent of the man you are dating. Other advantages of networking include the information and opportunities that come your way.

If you're feeling shy or insecure about speaking to wealthy strangers, remember that the whole reason you are attending the function is to meet the rich man you will marry. You'll never find him if you limit your conversation to your date for the evening. Don't be bold or loud or try too hard to get attention. Present yourself in a subdued and friendly manner.

MOVE UP

When you've found the man of your dreams or the next rung on the ladder, it's time to take a step up. First, be certain that what you are sensing is genuine interest from the potential suitor and not just the ramblings of a lust-drunk womanizer. It's not necessary for him to proclaim his love or commitment to you. However, you should have observed him and his treatment of women long enough to know his intentions aren't fleeting. If you get the sense that you are being seduced, don't make the move. Remember that you are the seducer.

Provided you have not invested emotionally or physically in an intimate relationship with the man you will be leaving behind, breaking up shouldn't be hard to do. In the earliest stages of the hunt, you shouldn't be living with the men you are dating, so coordinating shelter won't be a concern. End the relationship amicably, explaining that you have enjoyed the time you've spent together and you think he's wonderful. Tell him it's you, not him. That's the truth.

FILL A VOID

As you climb higher up the dating ladder, you'll want to select your potential partners with more care and consideration. To marry a rich man, you'll need to first demonstrate your usefulness in his life. For this reason, keep an eye out for men with a void you have the ability to fill.

This step requires you to see the man as a normal, flawed human being. No matter how much money he has, he's not above the unique emotional weaknesses we all must struggle with. Perhaps he has a martyr complex, or a deep desire to be a hero. Maybe he craves female approval or feels insecure in the work place. Identify his void, whatever it is, and know if you have the ability to fill it. If you don't have what it takes to seduce him, it's good to know that before you've wasted months or years of your life.

If you think you can fill the void, do so.

HOT AND COLD

You don't have to devote your life to making him emotionally complete. In fact, too much devotion too soon can be spooky. Instead, temper your talents and generosity with the occasional cool reminder that you can't be taken for granted. If you fulfill his need for affection, be sure to give a cold (not cruel) shoulder now and again. Don't explain why you've grown cold. Don't even acknowledge it. Just let his aching emotional void convince him life without you is lacking.

EXPECT IT

When a rich man demonstrates his love through gifts, don't express too much gratitude. It's essential that he knows you expect to be treated very well. Even if he's just given you your very first diamond, you must curb your enthusiasm. Be polite. Be grateful. Tell him it's very nice, but don't give the impression that he has just blown your mind. Rewarding his efforts while leaving room for improvement, provides a challenge that will blossom into a wonderful habit of spoiling you rotten.

YOU WANT ALL MILK TO YOURSELF? BUY THE COW.

Pardon the sexist expression, but its clarity is unmatched. If he wants you all to himself, he's going to have to make a commitment of his own. Give him the impression that he's the only man for you and you'll be waiting a long time to hear those wedding bells.

You don't have to and you should not flirt overtly with other men. You should absolutely never flirt with other men in the company of his peers. In fact, you don't need to flirt at all. Simply mentioning another man's existence can be enough to elicit a possessive reaction.

Let's be clear. Don't taunt about other men. Don't make threats. Don't suggest that another man is attractive. All you have to do is subtly make your rich man aware that you noticed another man. Keep your triggers understated. You're not trying to cause a fight or a relationship melt-down. The goal is to innocently remind him that there are other men in the universe. His insecurities will feed the fire of jealousy.

DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH

It's not hard to marry a rich man. However, living with that rich man can pose a challenge. As we all do, wealthy men have personality flaws and bad behaviors. The difference is that, as the wife of a rich man, you are at a disadvantage when conflicts arise. While you have been seducing him, the trappings of his wealth have formed a gilded cage around you. His financial hold over you can make it difficult to influence his behavior or leave him behind.

If you're looking for true love, romance, and emotional fulfillment, you will find nothing but misery in the hunt for a wealthy husband. When the promise of financial security is what you seek in a man, don't be surprised when that is all you find.

From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
One of my two best friends in high school was pursued ardently by a wealthy young man (one of those tied to the Bacardi fortune). She turned him down.

I always thought that was cool. I think it would be hard for most gals to turn down 30 million bucks.....

Well, he married another gal with money, so I guess the kids and grandkids can relax in this economy. Snarf.

I had one affluent suitor (Venezuelan, supported lavishly by his pops), but I couldn't even bring myself to kiss him. I realized then and there I could not kiss a guy for money--no matter how cool and comfy his Porsche's interior was--much less bed him. Ew. :::shudder:::

I married a guy who made 17K per annum. I had maybe $750 in the bank in my account when he met me. A working part time, student part-time. I came from poor parents. But the love was like a huge fortune.

We do fine. He chose wisely to be a Software Engineer. Heh. And he still worships the ground my fat feet walk on.

YOu can't buy THAT.

Mir
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!
http://public.fotki.com/MirCurls/

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 09-16-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Hey, it's good to see you in this thread. I love you in the hair forum. I have learned so much from you.

I wouldn't marry just for money, but I can see some good ideas here for any relationship. Men can get so comfortable thinking that women need them.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
THANKS, always glad to help..

BTW, I have no objection to an economically based marriage, as long as there is no manipulation or deception. It's the deceit aspect that I think makes it wrong.

If a guy wants, say, a trophy wife. If a women wants, say, a luxurious life. If they say, "Look, you are hot and I want a hot wife. I got money. Wanna make a trade?"

Hey, that's not a romantic or spiritual marriage, it's just economics (and historically, this was pretty darn common, but at least it was openly so).

To me, a golddigger is the one who fakes love to get a spouse's moolah.

But when both parties go into it knowing what they'll get (he gets X from her, she gets Y from him, and it's not about love or adoration or spiritual connection, it's a TRANSACTION), I honestly do not object. They each get what they expect.

Me, I need to be loved. I need to love. I wouldn't trade my husband's undivided heart towards me and tender devotion for Bill Gate's bank account. People still think we're newlyweds, and that's how it often feels even closing in on 30 years.

Though, sure, I'd love to have BOTH the love and the HUGE wad of millions. I admit it. Being rich looks like it makes a lot of things way easier (like studying what you want, opening whatever business you want, helping your family, not worrying about a house payment or a catastrophic illness, getting the absolute best health care, and, well, enjoying a peaceful retirement totally free of financial cares...)
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!
http://public.fotki.com/MirCurls/

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 09-16-2010 at 12:50 AM.
I think there is some very good advice to take in any relationship. I tried to post this again with these pointed bolded, but it wouldn't go thru, so I guess you're on your own (gy) to figure them out.
From Michael Berg:

The more financially sound I became for and by myself - the less money mattered in any man I dated - just as long they were also able to carry their own and take care of and providing for whatever they had … such as children or owning their own home.

Rich to me in this stage of life means rich in heart rather then pockets.

Last edited by SilverCurls; 09-24-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: wording
I want to marry for love, but at my age, 59, I want the money also. I'm tired of working and not having a life. I'm ready to retire and do some traveling and have some fun. I'll never be able to do that on my own.

I know I sound shallow, but at least I'm honest.
From Michael Berg:

I want to marry for love, but at my age, 59, I want the money also. I'm tired of working and not having a life. I'm ready to retire and do some traveling and have some fun. I'll never be able to do that on my own.

I know I sound shallow, but at least I'm honest.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
well there is no reason to marry at your age unless you are getting something you want--set your goals clearly, money and love, why not? you deserve it!
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
what other reasons would a younger person have?
I think as a younger person marrying for the 1st time, I'd look for compatibilty, both either wanting children or not and if so being on the same page with raising them. Also, being on the same page with money. Also, respecting each other as individuals. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but many marriages end because of these things. Plus, don't ever let family get involved in your marriage. It's yours, the good, the bad and the ugly and as an adult you two need to deal with the problems.

ETA: If you are in a relationship and don't wish to marry, think of the consequences if one of you were to die. What are your rights. If that's the route you want, then at least do things to protect yourself.
From Michael Berg:

I think as a younger person marrying for the 1st time, I'd look for compatibilty, both either wanting children or not and if so being on the same page with raising them. Also, being on the same page with money. Also, respecting each other as individuals. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but many marriages end because of these things. Plus, don't ever let family get involved in your marriage. It's yours, the good, the bad and the ugly and as an adult you two need to deal with the problems.

ETA: If you are in a relationship and don't wish to marry, think of the consequences if one of you were to die. What are your rights. If that's the route you want, then at least do things to protect yourself.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
I've never wanted to marry. Not for money nor love; and I've actually been with the same man now for more than half my life. I don't mind commitment, but not gonna swear "forever" in front of God, no way, no how. And do not think the state should be licensing relationships like they were a church, that's messed up. They should just do "partnerships" and legal stuff, not "marriage". Sorry for rant, I just don't like the whole idea.

But on topic, I've always just wanted someone who made about as much $ as me. Which is what I got in the beginning but then I went to college and he didn't, and now I am the only one working and I do not like this dynamic at all, so suspect I'd not have liked it the other way around either.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!

Trending Topics