Feeling 50

Yeah, but I have PMd with you pearl... you do NOT come across as someone my age no less older! You have a very young energy attitude and spirit!!
Originally Posted by rudeechick
Thank you Rudeechick! Someone today told me I was very perky. Parts of me are perking in the opposite direction.

Hope all is well with you.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
CP, I love you! Please post a pic.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Yea, I have a couple of friends who are about my age and have kids about the same ages as mine. (Mine are 16, 12 and 9.) It's just a little weird to be hanging around the elementary school at my age.
Originally Posted by Verity

I'm still hanging around the elementary school. I'm the same age as you and my youngest is 10 (my others are 24, 18, and 12). Intellectually, I know I'm old enough to be the mom of some of the other moms at school, but I don't care. I still fit in with them. I do not fit in with empty nesters yet...my nest is still too full.

And I dance in public if I want to...I really don't care who looks.
Yea, I have a couple of friends who are about my age and have kids about the same ages as mine. (Mine are 16, 12 and 9.) It's just a little weird to be hanging around the elementary school at my age.
Originally Posted by Verity

I'm still hanging around the elementary school. I'm the same age as you and my youngest is 10 (my others are 24, 18, and 12). Intellectually, I know I'm old enough to be the mom of some of the other moms at school, but I don't care. I still fit in with them. I do not fit in with empty nesters yet...my nest is still too full.

And I dance in public if I want to...I really don't care who looks.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Yeah, old people dance around here, you see the old spanish guys shaking it, grandmas dancing at concerts, I have two ladies over 70 in my jazzercise class! So I never even thought about that as odd. They do dance in a way I associate with old people, though....maybe you dance like a young person! That is awesome.

Mine are 18, 15, 6 and 3! One in college, one too young for school yet. So I'll be hanging at the elementary when I am ooooooooold. And no it doesn't bother me that I am old for the littles, I am so glad to have the little kids now.

And I'm not even so very old to have kids - my brother (lets call him B) had one when he was like 50- I remember my mom telling me they were having a baby and:

I said "they are adopting?" and she said, no they are having a baby, and I said "but who is having the baby?" and she said A and B, I told you! and I said "but who is PREGNANT?" and she said A is pregnant, and I said how is this possible? because I knew he was 12 years older than me and I was FORTY, and didn't know that his wife was a few years younger.

So if you feel old at the elementary, think of B, who will be about 63 years old when his youngest goes into middle school! At least when I am 63 my oldest will be graduating college, LOL.

And, back on topic, I hope I feel great at that time, too
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
Hey, I'm 63 and hoop dancing - I took to this really quickly and people comment on my level of "flow" with this too, in the hooping community. None of these people actually know how old I am though - LOL, but it doesn't matter - it's a very accepting and non-judgmental community which in itself is empowering to women.However, I had dance training earlier in my life and have continued physical fitness over the last 35+years along with good health habits, so that has helped enormously. Actually, every day, I think that the fact that my husband and I enjoy a wonderful active life in SF is our reward for being healthy, especially in our age group. He's 68, and took up poi spinning not too long after I got into hooping. We both hit the gym too.
I'll be 50 soon and feel fabulous about it.

Now, it may go down hill from here but really at 50 - I am greatful to have a full life surrounded with great people - including my new friends here.

To me, life doesn't get any better then this.

I read so much about the downfalls of turning 50 but have any of you felt the same and look/looked forward to it?
Originally Posted by SilverCurls
I'll be 50 in a few months too & I don't see any downfalls. I've been blessed with a wonderful husband for 29yrs, 2 great adult children, 2 sweet grandchildren and a healthy, comfortable life. I'm only looking forward
PJ Rehab 9/2011
It's not that I'm not physically active. I just don't like to dance or exercise (other than walking or riding a bike) in public anymore.
I will be 50 next year and ppl tell me all the time I do not look older than mid-30's. I love to exercise and try to eat right most of the time. I do believe genes play a good part in how you age. Two years ago I started getting gray hair only around the hairlines and I have very few wrinkles.

I believe if you continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle you will stay looking younger longer.
Hair type 4a
I will be 50 next year and ppl tell me all the time I do not look older than mid-30's. I love to exercise and try to eat right most of the time. I do believe genes play a good part in how you age. Two years ago I started getting gray hair only around the hairlines and I have very few wrinkles.

I believe if you continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle you will stay looking younger longer.
Originally Posted by unique4me
Nothing is wrong with a healthy looking 50 year old..

I’ve been 50 for a week and so far loving it! My intention is not to necessarily make an effort to stay look younger but just to be healthy and freely mobile. So far, I seem to be on the right track as I may not look 30ish but fine for 50.

Originally Posted by unique4me
+1
PJ Rehab 9/2011
dont worry munchkin, the anticipation is much worse. once u pass that 60th bday you will say---ok so i am still the same person, let's go have fun today!! yesterday i did a 7.5 mile hike with over 2000 ft elevation gain with my dogs and 2 other 60+ women. we laughed and talked the whole time....

I'm 65 (yikes I can't believe it!). I enjoyed my 50s better than my 40s. I was scared about menopause but breezed through it and I'm delighted not to have periods anymore.

Really, 50s are probably like 30s - 40's were years ago. I hate exercising, but I think it is the fountain of youth if you can stand to do some. Just a good really brisk walk 4-5 times a week will reap benefits. I'm not a crazy exerciser and I very often don't eat the "right" foods, but I recommend staying physically active to stay youthful. Enjoy
Originally Posted by curlypearl
I didn't think the 50's were bad. They say 50 is the new 40, so enjoy!!

I will be 60 at the end of Oct. Yikes. . . what does this hold for me? Am having a hard time wrapping my arms around the idea that my age will start with a 6 and not a 5. . . not that I feel older and am really dreading it. Just can't believe it.
Originally Posted by munchkin
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
Shut it down
Originally Posted by alexandaralove
meaning what??
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
Speckla
Shut it down
Originally Posted by alexandaralove
meaning what??
Originally Posted by banjocurl
I think that's how the hip kids say goodnight now adays.

Trending Topics