My Mom Is On An Online Senior Dating Site....

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Lotsawaves
  • 1 Post By Robin-in-FL
  • 2 Post By jeepcurlygurl

I think it's great. She says she doesn't want to date anyone, just chat. She's getting a lot of hits from men my age. So far, most are being very sweet and flattering, but she did have one 80 year old man get a little inappropriate in his email. She shut him down pretty quick.

She will be 79 in November. She is on FB and plays Farmville. She's been very lonely since my dad passed away 6 years ago, so I hope this will help.
adelinesusan and Lady_Creole like this.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I think it's great. She says she doesn't want to date anyone, just chat. She's getting a lot of hits from men my age. So far, most are being very sweet and flattering, but she did have one 80 year old man get a little inappropriate in his email. She shut him down pretty quick.

She will be 79 in November. She is on FB and plays Farmville. She's been very lonely since my dad passed away 6 years ago, so I hope this will help.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
That's great. Do tell her, though, to be very careful in screening the men. A lot of people try to scam old people out of money in a lot of different ways.
murrrcat likes this.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
She's getting a lot of hits from men my age.

That's disturbing. I'm all for older folks dating, but grifters prey on little-old-ladies all the time and wheedle their money away from them. I know your mom is in another state, so I hope she has someone nearby watching out for her.

My MIL, when she was alive, had a younger gent from her church who paid a lot of attention to her and made her giggle and feel good, but then he managed to scam about $10,000 from her. It would have been more, but SIL noticed and stepped in.
My sister and her daughter live right next door to her, so they are keeping an eye on it. My neice is the one who set her up on the site and explained the online games that are played. Also, my sister has control of her money. We're not worried about her. My mom's pretty savy and isn't a very trusting person.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
My mom was first widowed in 1986. She has been married twice since then. Her "new" husband is 92.

I doubt if my mom will ever remarry. I'm not sure if she would even be open to dating. There is a 91 year old man who is quite smitten with her, but she only wants a friendship with him. She says he's too old for her, which I agree. She does enjoy talking on the phone with him.
From Michael Berg:

Good for her. I hope she's having fun and 'meeting' new people. That's something that's important for everyone, no matter their age.

If I'm still with Mr. Harley when I'm 79, he'll be 90. I don't think that's too old at all. Of course I don't think 15-20 years difference either way is too young or old. But that's just me. When I'm old, I'll be happy as long as someone somewhere is interested! : )
murrrcat and Lady_Creole like this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I have to agree with Jeepcurlygurl - when you hit a certain age the number thing is really not important one way or another.

I say good for her to widen herself to enjoy male company as I know of plenty of women my age that really have given up on them forever.

Phone chit chat may be all she needs for company and even though she sounds like a wise women - if she was my mother - I would still keep an eye on things as scammers are very smart in hitting up the unexpected.

Lotsawaves, which dating site?
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Quote:
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I think it was seniormeetup.com.
From Michael Berg:

online dating at 79? cool. if your mom is smart and does not part with money go for it....men are at a premium at this age. still have my 75 yr old husband but will wish i was gay for my old age...
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
I use "over50date.com" and under the age range I put 50 to 70 and get numerous responses. I am 58.
I use "over50date.com" and under the age range I put 50 to 70 and get numerous responses. I am 58.
Originally Posted by Kris58
Awesome!
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

I was by myself for 12 years after my divorce. Lots of lonely nights online. I don't recommend Match.com or SeniorPeopleMeet - even just for chatting - because the guys want more than that! I agree with the others regarding money & bank account numbers. I personally know someone who lost $90K. I do highly recommend eHarmony if she decides she wants a real relationship with compatibility. I got married 6 months after meeting my new man! Life is short & unpredictable...live it to the fullest!
It's weird to read this thread. My mom passed away Jan 2012. She never did date anyone.
From Michael Berg:

It's weird to read this thread. My mom passed away Jan 2012. She never did date anyone.
I am so very sorry. I lost my dad this year, also. It's devastating. You have my utmost sympathy.

when we older,we just wanna find someone to talk,live and share everything each other.we'll never feel alone if we can find our soulmate,all right?i know a good free dating site seekingbabyboomer. / com where u can meet many senior single women, u can email them who u wanna directly and u can date your soulmate quickly if u fill your detail completely.

Trending Topics