Aging in Hollywood

Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda also did a so-called barefaced show and Kathy Lee looked like she had some eyeliner and mascara on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7or-ng8vQ

Do they think we aren't going to even notice? Maybe they consider no make-up nothing on their faces but eyes don't count.
I saw Oprah yesterday and what really bothers me is that Terri Hatcher says that she had no work done and I think she has and is not being honest. I know a plastic surgeon who actually specifically stated all the things she had done. He could be wrong but I don't think so. Why do celebrities deny that they had any work done? Maybe she had collagen injections but not botox so she didn't exactly lie? In the end, it sets up a false expectation of what a 46 year old (or whatever the celebs age) is are supposed to look like if they naturally age.
Originally Posted by Curlswirl

I think I believe her, a lot of makeup and a great stylist can make someone look a lot different. There are some no-makeup pics she posted here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lers-past.html

Overall, really I just hope that women's aging gets as accepted as men's; how men who are good looking are sometimes seen as MORE hot as they get older? Not because they actually look better, but because they have more character and depth and we see this as sexy. I want that for women.
Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL
Not that I care because I am all for doing whatever makes u feel good, as long as you are in good mental health, PLUS I do not think celebs are obligated to tell us what they do and dont do. But she is clearly wearing at least concealer and lashes in those pics (or as I refer to it, the sleeping with the new boyfriend face - "of course I wake up like this!!"
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I agree, Rudeechick. I don't think it should be any one's business if someone else has had work done. This is a personal thing. If they want to share it, then it should be up to them. I think it gets talked about, with celebrities, because some of them go overboard and you can't help but notice. Joan Rivers is a good example. Also, people just assume that you are going to look bad when you age. There are some beautiful older women who haven't had any work done.

I also like the "boyfriend face." I think most of us have one. I will do a light pencil line on my lower and top eye lid and smudge it, then I will lightly line my lips with a natural lip liner. The liner on my eyes is usually there when I wake up or at least enough of it, so I don't look too plain.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I agree, Rudeechick. I don't think it should be any one's business if someone else has had work done. This is a personal thing. If they want to share it, then it should be up to them. I think it gets talked about, with celebrities, because some of them go overboard and you can't help but notice. Joan Rivers is a good example. Also, people just assume that you are going to look bad when you age. There are some beautiful older women who haven't had any work done.

I also like the "boyfriend face." I think most of us have one. I will do a light pencil line on my lower and top eye lid and smudge it, then I will lightly line my lips with a natural lip liner. The liner on my eyes is usually there when I wake up or at least enough of it, so I don't look too plain.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
There is aging in Hollywood? It seems that is not allowed in this day and age. I think most women in Hollywood look terrible. Way too thin, way too much botox and surgery.
I noticed on the new season of many of my shows, the women look very different just since last year (Modern Family and Cougar Town for example). They can barely talk with their botoxed upper lips. All the women on Desperate Housewives look plastic and frozen. These are all young women who were beautiful all on their own. I personally think it's a shame that people (especially women) feel they can't age naturally.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
+1
PJ Rehab 9/2011

Trending Topics