I'm blaming everything on perimenopause...

I'm just going to blame it all on a fibroid. I've got one kicking up now that won't let me eat more than a cupful
and makes me queasy when I ride around in the car.
crwitt - are you sure that's all due to the fibroid? I never heard they caused those types of symptoms....

and rbb - I never heard that about Vit E. Interesting - and worth trying, thanks! And because of my hysterectomy, I stopped having to deal with tampons/pads/periods 11 years ago. Now I just need to deal with these annoying symptoms without that payoff to look forward to. Although I suppose the resolution of these annoying symptoms will be a nice payoff!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

[quote=2poodles;1525138]crwitt - are you sure that's all due to the fibroid? I never heard they caused those types of symptoms....

Location is everything... I had a CT scan last week to try to figure out why I've been feeling this way, and the only remarkable thing they could find was a degenerating fibroid. You get bulk symptoms or bleeding symptoms with fibroids.
I used to get the bleeding, then I had an ablation, and it worked well to stop that. I never had bulk symptoms before.
Maybe its crowding part of my small intestine...
The up side is I've lost a few pounds.
Wow, crwritt - hope, as it continues to degenerate that you feel better....
2Poodles Southeast PA
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Wow, crwritt - hope, as it continues to degenerate that you feel better....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
Thanks. I know its a natural progression, but its sure
uncomfortable. At least I'm not feeling the menopause
symptoms as yet, guess I'm a late starter.
crwitt -- i did not know they could degenerate, nor had i heard of bulk symptoms. so this means the fibroid is on its way out??
you must really be feeling yucky. hope it degenerates quickly!
good luck!
also, with the perimenopause/menopause symptoms? -- you may just not feel symptoms at all, or to the same degree as others. my dr used to always say, every woman is different. just like pregnancy -- some people have bad pregnancies, others fly right through them.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
crwitt -- i did not know they could degenerate, nor had i heard of bulk symptoms. so this means the fibroid is on its way out??
you must really be feeling yucky. hope it degenerates quickly!
good luck!
also, with the perimenopause/menopause symptoms? -- you may just not feel symptoms at all, or to the same degree as others. my dr used to always say, every woman is different. just like pregnancy -- some people have bad pregnancies, others fly right through them.
Originally Posted by rbb
The theory is its degenerating, but who knows how long that will take. If it goes on too long and gets more uncomfortable, I may have it removed. You are right, every woman is different.

By the way, rbb, your hair is gorgeous!
thanks!
if you do have to have it removed, can this be done laprioscopically? if so, that makes it so much easier. friends & family around me have been having all types of surgery done laproscopically and it is so very different, like day and night. hopefully, this will resolve on its own.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
I have decided to buckle down - I replenished all my supplements and (ACK!) avoided caffeine this morning....

I now have my Womens Multi, Vit D, Adrenal Support Supp, Black Cohosh and Evening Primrose. I also stocked up on ground Flax Seed and Soy....

THIS BETTER WORK!!!!!!!!

These night sweats are a PAIN! Plus, she told me one thing I hadnt known: that I need to be avoiding Dairy.... Goodbye dear Piave
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
thanks!
if you do have to have it removed, can this be done laprioscopically? if so, that makes it so much easier. friends & family around me have been having all types of surgery done laproscopically and it is so very different, like day and night. hopefully, this will resolve on its own.
Originally Posted by rbb
I went to talk to a general surgeon yesterday about it and he surprised me by saying it could be done by lap, and depending on position, they would take out just the fibroid, then he told me to go visit my Gyno (who missed it on the ultrasound).
I see her next week.Maybe it will calm down by then.
My Night Sweats Are Back Full Force After A Year Of None.

I Am Pissed.
Originally Posted by rudeechick
You've probably tried a bunch of things. I had night sweats for about a week and Black Cohosh helped me a lot. Probably mine weren't strong as yours.
I went to talk to a general surgeon yesterday about it and he surprised me by saying it could be done by lap, and depending on position, they would take out just the fibroid, then he told me to go visit my Gyno (who missed it on the ultrasound).
I see her next week.Maybe it will calm down by then.
Originally Posted by crwritt
it seems they can do pretty much anything lap now -- friends & family recently have had - hysterectomy, prostrate removed, hernia repaired, gall bladder out..... the very nice thing about lap is that because they are not cutting the muscle (there is no muscle inside), you really don't have pain afterwards. just a little discomfort. fast recovery. so if you have to have it removed, know it is an easy procedure.
keep us posted and feel better!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
I started with night sweats in my late 30s and all periods ended by the time I was mid-40s. My gyno never believed me when I told him I was having peri symptoms. When my periods became irregular in my forties, they wanted to call it "premature ovarian failure". Ha! My periods were done within a year of that diagnosis. How about calling it what it was - menopause, maybe a little premature, but so what - who cares? I had to have a hysterectomy last year, ten years post-menopause. I physically feel better now than I have in years. I sleep well, suffer very few night sweats and even fewer hot flashes. The hot flashes didn't even start until after the hysterectomy. I feel very lucky to have gotten through it all without HRT. My memory has improved, my moods are much more level and I'm more patient than in my younger days. Weight gain is a little tough to work with. There are more potty calls during the middle of the night, but, all in all, it's not so bad. No periods, no pregnancy worries, less moodiness and no hormone fluctuations - it's all good.
I saw my gyn yesterday. She said that anyone who has reservations about synthetic HRT should have the same reservations about bio-identical hormones because they are all hormones - it's just that the bio-identicals have never undergone a rigorous study so their safety can not be assured. I guess that's a valid argument, but I'm not convinced that the bio-identicals are harmful - or that the newer synthetic hormones which are in lower doses and can be administered via patch - are safe. At this point I'll just try to muddle through without either. I do find that yoga/meditation have helped a lot with stress and mood swings - I'm more balanced, less reactive. (Or maybe I'm too tired to flip out, lol!) Yoga/meditation haven't been a lot of help with hot flashes or night sweats, though - unless they'd be worse if I stopped? Ah well, one day at a time, I suppose.
2Poodles Southeast PA

I have decided to buckle down - I replenished all my supplements and (ACK!) avoided caffeine this morning....

I now have my Womens Multi, Vit D, Adrenal Support Supp, Black Cohosh and Evening Primrose. I also stocked up on ground Flax Seed and Soy....

THIS BETTER WORK!!!!!!!!
These night sweats are a PAIN! Plus, she told me one thing I hadnt known: that I need to be avoiding Dairy.... Goodbye dear Piave

At least your hair is looking fabulous
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
I saw my gyn yesterday. She said that anyone who has reservations about synthetic HRT should have the same reservations about bio-identical hormones because they are all hormones - it's just that the bio-identicals have never undergone a rigorous study so their safety can not be assured. I guess that's a valid argument, but I'm not convinced that the bio-identicals are harmful - or that the newer synthetic hormones which are in lower doses and can be administered via patch - are safe. At this point I'll just try to muddle through without either. I do find that yoga/meditation have helped a lot with stress and mood swings - I'm more balanced, less reactive. (Or maybe I'm too tired to flip out, lol!) Yoga/meditation haven't been a lot of help with hot flashes or night sweats, though - unless they'd be worse if I stopped? Ah well, one day at a time, I suppose.
Originally Posted by 2poodles
I am waiting to talk to my GYN, but my understanding is that, if started prior to age 50 and limited to under 5 years, the risks are almost completely reduced, in fact, there might be some benefitial increase in certain disease reductions.....

THIS BETTER WORK!!!!!!!!

At least your hair is looking fabulous
Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL
It is falling out in handfuls when I wash....Exactly like my post-partum hair loss with both pregnancies. And I lost about 50% of my hair each time... alttho it came back then....
But thanks
My Photobucket Album
The supplements annihilated my stomach yesterday. The first hours I felt like I was filled with gas and then I was queasy til bedtime. PLUS i had eaten prior to taking them....
My Photobucket Album
The supplements annihilated my stomach yesterday. The first hours I felt like I was filled with gas and then I was queasy til bedtime. PLUS i had eaten prior to taking them....
Maybe you need to introduce the supplements slowly, one at a time until your body adjusts? Or consider taking some at bedtime. I'm not a huge fan of some supplements since I also tend to get GI upset with them. Taking vitamins at night does help. - Course if you're up with night sweats, you might not have the benefit of sleeping through any supplement GI issues! Not sure there's any way to win...
2Poodles Southeast PA

It is falling out in handfuls when I wash....Exactly like my post-partum hair loss with both pregnancies. And I lost about 50% of my hair each time... alttho it came back then....
But thanks
Yikes! Definitely ask your doctor about hormones. My hair dropped like that after babies #2 and #4 but did NOT recover completely. Which made it much easier to style, actually, but bummed me out.

If hormones or supplements can smooth the sharp drops that make the night sweats, maybe this will smooth the sharp drops that cause the hair falling too.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
I've been having some awful symptoms as of late, exhaustion, but not being able to sleep, headaches, foggy thinking, memory loss, cramps, heavy periods, mood swings, etc. My poor family!

Anyway, I've been doing some research on estrogen dominance and I have all the symptoms. So I went to my local hfs and he told me about Myomin. He said it's their best selling product in the store and they go thru 2 cases a week! Needless to say I bought some, it's not cheap, $32 for about a months supply, but if it works I really don't care.

After getting home I did some research on it and it looks promising. I started yesterday and he said it could work in a couple of days or a couple of months, hopefully it will be the former, but I'll keep you all informed if you all want.
2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Trending Topics