I Had A Revelation Tonight....

I will no longer be in a dysfunctional family. It's time to have MY life and the rest of the family members can "carry on." I also was doing some stretching exercises and I realized that I have great legs. I had a woman recently tell me when she died and came back she wanted to have my thighs. Tonight, I have to agree with her. I have great legs!
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Banned
It's fun to read one of your posts that you've written after drinking too much wine the night before. I've been having a very lousy weekend. Wile, you know my crazy family situation. It just won't get better and I feel it's time for me to take up for myself and not take it anymore. You have the GP. I have the GVs and the GP.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Banned
I was going to ask, but was afraid to!
Wile, never be afraid to ask me anything. We've both have had our messed upped family problems and our wine moments.
From Michael Berg:

I've been feeling that way all day today and I haven't had a drop of wine.

Let me know your solution when you come up
with one, will you please?

I can't divorce my sister or my daughter; I kind
of like my husband and after 25 years I'd be lost without him even if he doesn't listen to me, and I finally have my dream job, or close to it.

I simply cannot run away from home across the country, as tempting as the thought may be!

(it really has been a rough day/week/month already)
2C, maybe
Biolage Conditioning Balm
Deva Curls One condition
GF Triple Nutrition conditioner, deep conditioner and leave in spray
anGell and Set it Free
(((HUGS))) RoseMadder.

I won't go into a lot of detail, but I will say that I learned this weekend that it is best for me to not make comments about others behaviour and just to be there for support. Two of the three people in the family who have caused so many problems were given enough rope and they hung themselves this week. I admit I did get some pleasure in this, but I hate the fact that they both hurt my youngest daughter. It was also nice that an older neighbor friend came over to my daughter's house and they talked about the situation. She told my daughter what I had been telling her, but my daughter listened to her better, because she is a 3rd party.

I don't know your situation, so I'm not sure what will work for you. If you want to PM me, I'm here to help.
From Michael Berg:

Banned
She told my daughter what I had been telling her, but my daughter listened to her better, because she is a 3rd party.
Yep, boy do I know how frustrating this can be! Good that you can step back & see that lotsa...awesome!
And, ty for your comment upthread
Thanks, Lotsawaves.

It's better this week, thank goodness.
2C, maybe
Biolage Conditioning Balm
Deva Curls One condition
GF Triple Nutrition conditioner, deep conditioner and leave in spray
anGell and Set it Free
I will no longer be in a dysfunctional family. It's time to have MY life and the rest of the family members can "carry on." I also was doing some stretching exercises and I realized that I have great legs. I had a woman recently tell me when she died and came back she wanted to have my thighs. Tonight, I have to agree with her. I have great legs!
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves

I just wanted to say that I love this. I recently realized the same thing after a lifetime of hurt, anger and frustration. I'm not going to say it doesn't still hurt sometimes, but sometimes I forget that I have control over who I let into my life and how I allow their nasty behavior to affect me. Even if it is my own mother, I don't have to take the abuse anymore. I keep my mouth shut and try to be supportive of her and the other few family members I have left when they want to attempt at being decent human beings, but I'm getting immune to the feeling of disappointment when they fail again.

It's hard, but keep your chin up
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

This is a wonderful thread. I'm shaking my head up and down in agreement with everyone.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high.
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
CP, I'm sorry you've had to go thru this type of crap, too. You are such a wonderful person and have gone thru so much, yet you are always here for everyone.

You know, when you get older and a friend betrays or hurts you, you can get over it. When it is a family member, it is so much harder.

Family is soooo important to me. Your parents raise you. You live with your siblings growing up, you raise and nuture your own children. These should be special bonds and people who you know will always be there for you, no matter what, and support you. When they aren't and they hurt you, it's hard to accept and get over.

I think it's even harder during the holidays.
From Michael Berg:

(((HUGS))) for Lotsa - and anyone else who needs one. Holidays can, indeed, be especially tough for people - especially those who are lonely, have relationship problems and/or who have lost someone recently....
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Trending Topics