Eyebrows

We had talked in some thread here about using Latisse on eyebrows. Well, I didn't want to use Latisse, because I think it's too expensive to use on such a large area (even at the cheap overseas price...the bottle is just too small).

ANYWAY...I started using Rogaine (the generic actually) on my eyebrows in September, and I want to report back that I have seen significant regrowth of hair in bald areas of my eyebrows where there hasn't been hair for years. I apply it precisely where I want it with a brush, twice a day. I started seeing new hairs in the bald spots in about 8 weeks. I wish I had taken pictures. I'm very VERY happy. I no longer need to fill in those spots. My eyebrows are looking lush and youthful.

If you try it, it's important to use a brush to carefully apply, because you don't want hair growing in odd places. I don't use it right before bed, because I don't want it to smear onto an inappropriate spot and grow hair, like on my nose or something.
Thank you! I have thin spots and may try this, how long does rogaine "keep" (since putting it on such a teeny area wouldn't use it up) and does it have any side effects that you notice?

I have thinner eyelashes on one side but that side has perfect eyebrow, and on the other side perfect lashes and thinning brow!

I must say, though, that the wording 'lush eyebrows' puts funny pictures in my head.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
I've been using the Ardell product on my eyelashes
and eyebrows, The areas that were sparse have filled in.The eyelashes are longer and darker.My eyebrows grow fast enough that I need to trim them
Thank you! I have thin spots and may try this, how long does rogaine "keep" (since putting it on such a teeny area wouldn't use it up) and does it have any side effects that you notice?
Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL

The 2 oz bottle I bought for about $20 has an expiration date about a year in the future. I think using 4-ish drops per day, I will have just about used it up by then. I think $20 per year for nice eyebrows is a good price.
I've been using the Rogaine on my eyebrows and I am seeing a difference. I also use it at the temples of my hairline which is thinning. I have to say that my lashes are looking so good using the Latissse. My daughter had me order some for her for xmas. I saw her yesterday and she was amazed at how long my lashes were.

Thank you, Thank you RCW.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
This is an interesting thread! I use Rogaine on my scalp (men's foam once a day per derm's instructions) with good results.

I wish I had thought of using Rogaine on my brows some years ago because the brows fell out (why couldn't that happen under my armpits instead LOL) so I had my eyebrows tattooed on. The tattoo looked OK, but now it has faded to a red line, which I paint over with eyebrow pencil. It's not perfect but not too bad and I'm afraid to try Rogaine on top of the tattooed area, so I'll just live with this but it's a great idea if you haven't done a tattoo.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
We had talked in some thread here about using Latisse on eyebrows. Well, I didn't want to use Latisse, because I think it's too expensive to use on such a large area (even at the cheap overseas price...the bottle is just too small).

ANYWAY...I started using Rogaine (the generic actually) on my eyebrows in September, and I want to report back that I have seen significant regrowth of hair in bald areas of my eyebrows where there hasn't been hair for years. I apply it precisely where I want it with a brush, twice a day. I started seeing new hairs in the bald spots in about 8 weeks. I wish I had taken pictures. I'm very VERY happy. I no longer need to fill in those spots. My eyebrows are looking lush and youthful.

If you try it, it's important to use a brush to carefully apply, because you don't want hair growing in odd places. I don't use it right before bed, because I don't want it to smear onto an inappropriate spot and grow hair, like on my nose or something.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Hi RCW
Thanks for posting this. I've heard Rogaine recommended on other sites as well. I have some bald spots on my eye brows and would also like to give it a try. What type of brush do you use.
Also ... How long to you find it takes to dry completely that you don't have to worry about it moving somewhere you don't want hair! I'm trying to think when I'll use it if I can't use it before bed.
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
You can use it before bed, but it should be thoroughly dry before you go to sleep...it takes about an hour to dry.

I use a flat eyeshadow brush and apply it pretty liberally. I often apply it after I apply my makeup in the morning, because it dries and doesn't leave any residue later. I also apply early in the evening if I happen to be in my bedroom.

Be sure to clean the brush after each use, because it seems to oxydize and turn orange-y if you reapply over and over with a dirty brush.

Trending Topics