Anyone with gray hair use jojoba (or other yellowish oil) for overnight conditioning?

I got my first bottle of jojoba oil by mail since I was placing an order anyway. Desert Essence(s) brand. I was surprised that it was yellow-ish/golden (I've never paid attention to jojoba oil before). I want to use it to condition my hair overnight, but I am concerned that it might turn my white/silver hairs yellowish.

Anyway, I want to use it at night as an overnight conditioning treatment. I also have Sweet Almond Oil which is a very pale yellow-almost clear color.

Anyone have any problems with hair yellowing from keeping certain oils on their hair for long periods, like overnight?
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I got my first bottle of jojoba oil by mail since I was placing an order anyway. Desert Essence(s) brand. I was surprised that it was yellow-ish/golden (I've never paid attention to jojoba oil before). I want to use it to condition my hair overnight, but I am concerned that it might turn my white/silver hairs yellowish.

Anyway, I want to use it at night as an overnight conditioning treatment. I also have Sweet Almond Oil which is a very pale yellow-almost clear color.

Anyone have any problems with hair yellowing from keeping certain oils on their hair for long periods, like overnight?
Originally Posted by Spiralli
I wonder about this too. Can you try it on a small area that doesn't show, braid a tiny section so you can keep track of it, and wait a few days to see if it yellows? I've used products with castor oil and smoothed tiny amounts of Jojoba or argan oil on my hair with no yellowing,and I don't wash my hair every day, but I've never put it on heavily.

Last edited by crwritt; 02-08-2011 at 09:26 PM.
I've used Ojon (which is a dark yellow/brown palm oil) for years. I put it in my hair almost every day and don't rinse it out. I really have no idea if it adds any yellowness to my hair or not. Good question tho!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I've used a jojoba mix overnight with no problem. Maybe for insurance you can use the red-gold corrector or a violet conditioner.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I use violet conditioner once every 2-3 weeks so hopefully that will help. It's only been a few nights but so far no noticeable yellowing from the oils. And I am applying it somewhat heavily to ends and lighter to top layers.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I have never tried Jojoba oil for my hair but i can tell you that it is GREAT for your skin!! My daughter and I both you use it day and night and have beautiful skin! It makes it so soft and blemish free! It is supposedly the closest to your own natural oils so your skin doesn't feel the need to produce more oils.. so in essence, it keeps your skin really balanced!!! I'm sure that it does the same for your hair

Originally Posted by Spiralli
Hello, I have used EVOO, not overnight, but have kept it in for several hours, while watching a movie, for example, and did not have any problem. I also use Terax Crema to Deep Condition, but mix in a little olive oil with it. I haven't met anyone that uses Terax Crema before, I love it, I even like the smell!!! Do you find it a little expensive??

Trending Topics