Hey old ladies! : )

Just wondering how you all are doing. How are things? Feelin ok? Doing anything fun or exciting or new? New hair, makeup, clothes, job, recipes, anything to celebrate?

Nothing much going on here. Has been a harsh winter. But I've been working on getting back into shape and bad weather is helpful for that as it keeps me at home and not out at bars and restaurants. On a super strict diet and working out often. Have lost 18 pounds and I'm almost back to what I've weighed most of my adult life (until a couple years ago when my thyroid and other issues packed on some unwanted flab). So I'm feeling good about that. I have a couple vacation trips coming up in the next couple months (NC and FL). Other than that, I spend alot of time reading, watch a little tv, surf the interwebs, and dream of Springtime!!

How about you?
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Slogging through these cold, cold days, my fellow midwesterner. Sometimes it's all I can do to remember lilacs.
Congrats, Jeep on losing weight! I find it so much easier to lose weight in the warmer months when I can be outside in the garden - I'm impressed you could do it while stuck indoors.

I've been working towards my yoga teacher training 200 hr certification. I'll finish up at the end of March. It's been a blast - I'm learning so much about myself in addition to yoga. I've already got a couple of private students and hope to build up to several private student sessions/week and perhaps one or two classes/week. My focus is hatha flow (not a super vigorous ashtanga or power flow) and I also love to teach seniors and more therapeutic chair yoga. My youngest will head off to college this fall. Facing the empty nest with a new career and passion is a wonderful gift I am giving myself!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

jeepcurlygurl -- just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss! i am extremely impressed that you were able to do that in the winter months. unless i am having a fun winter, i generally put on a couple/few, which if i am lucky i lose again in spring/summer.
as for me, the usual -- working, reading, shoveling snow , some socializing, and the biggest and most important, spending time with my new granddaughters! that is a very big plus, a surprise to me as my kids took their time about getting married (both with their spouses for several years before tying the knot 2,3 years ago) and i hoped but never questioned about kids. plus i am surprised at how these charming babies have affected me -- i am totally, madly in love with them and feel so lucky. so i am taking advantage of every opportunity to spend time with them and give my kids help or a break. so, nothing i've done, but something that i've received within the past year.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I'm doing the generational opposite of rbb and entertaining my parents atm - visiting for a few weeks from the UK. Went to Melbourne to see some tennis at the Aus Open and otherwise have been eating too much and trying to escape the heat. Roll on Autumn.
Most of my free time (not a lot) is spent trying to think of a new job I could do, I'm so over nursing it's not funny.
Looking forward to getting out in the garden when things cool down a bit - it's always a sorry sight by the end of summer.
Trying to teach my 13yr old the finer points of personal hygiene, he's such a grot but I won't go into details!
Trip to Sydney planned for Easter when my SO's mum comes for a visit.
Trying not to think about the 50th birthday party I have to organise for SO.
Think that's about it.
3b in South Australia.
Hi Jeep
I lost some weight during the fall, but not from trying. I had weird nausea and a feeling of fullness after eating a tiny amount, this lasted about two months.Any vibration made me feel ill, so riding in the car was just awful. So I think I lost about 10 pounds.

I went to a number of different doctors, had CT scan and ultrasound. They could find nothing wrong with my digestive tract. CT scan showed a deteriorating uterine fibroid in the exact area where I felt discomfort. Every doctor except my gynecologist thought it was the culprit.

At least there wasn't anything seriously wrong and I gradually began to feel better, and now I've almost finished paying the bills for that little adventure.
This whole experience has left me annoyed with the medical community and next time I have some weird complaint I'm less likely to go ask them what is wrong.
Even specific complaints. I sprained my finger and have treated it myself.

Most of the weight has stayed off, despite my new interest in baking homemade bread and baked beans.
I'm somewhat surprised by this because for years I've had a hard time losing any weight at all.

I'm not working very much, so I'm trying to limit expenditures. Letting my hair go gray, giving up acrylic fingernails, and having my hair trimmed at the local beauty school help with this, and leaves more cash for yoga classes, dance classes, and fabric to sew with.
JEEP!!! Sounds like you're doing awesome!! Congrats on the 18#! I ditched again - couldn't hack it a 2nd round, I guess. I'm doing Atkins right now. Just started this week and have lost 5# already - not bad for a not-as-limiting diet. Never thought I'd visit the Atkins deal again - haven't done it since about 10 years ago. But, here I am.

Nothing new here otherwise. Just waiting out the winter, basically. I can't wait for some warmer weather to get here!
Janet ~ Northern NJ
Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
My Picasa Album
What I used in this photo:
Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
Styling: CJCQ
Hi Jeep!

Wow, 18 pounds! That is wonderful! Gosh I can't leave the comfort foods alone in winter. Kudos to you!

I'm doing OK, getting older, just like everyone else. Still dealing with RA and fibromyalgia, but hey, God is good! Hubby has a different job, so hopefully I'll see more of him now. My job's going great.

My son's a marine in Afghanistan, due to come home first of April. That's my main focus now, to see him come home in one piece!

Sick, sick SICK of winter! Hopefully your area was more tolerable. I'm from Ohio. It's been much worse than usual. But I guess it could be worse. I'm glad I'm not in the northeast.
Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
LA Looks Sport Gel
Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night
Not fishing for congrats but today is my 54th birthday and I feel so much younger (minus the injuries from a bad fall last month. but they will heal. it also got in the way of my weight loss but I will catch up eventually).
Racerwife - I love Atkins and will be going into that phase soon. I know my downfall is carbs. I love them and have had to learn how to control that. Dr. A and Dr. S have both helped with that so much. Congrats on your loss! : )

Doing some celebrating this weekend so I will be cheating as far as my healthy eating goes. But I will climb back on the wagon on Sunday.

Congrats to all of you with new things and fun times and good changes. Yay!
Hugs for any of your bad things. Grrr!

Happy Weekend everyone!
In Western PA
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.

Happy happy birthday Jeepy! You are such an incredible inspiration to me!!! You are a beautiful woman, inside and out. I really appreciate your healthy outlook on life! Hope you have an awesome time celebrating YOU! I will raise a glass to you this evening!
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
ccas ion9:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Here's some fat-free, sugar-free, carb-free ice cream for 'ya! Enjoy your birthday weekend!!
Janet ~ Northern NJ
Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
My Picasa Album
What I used in this photo:
Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
Styling: CJCQ
jeep - we're birthday twins!! today is my birthday also. it's always a good birthday if there isn't any snow! just got back from dinner with a friend, starting a birthday weekend which will go thru monday. :-)
enjoy yours!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Hi Jeepy,
Have a terrific weekend!
I'm reminding myself to be thankful for all the good things and not lament the tiny disability I still have (slightly weird voice). I'm trying to get a job - and enjoying fixing up my apt.

So happy I have great friends and need to figure out what I want/need for the rest of my life. Winter and surgery made me stall. How do you figure out what you want to do - particularly when you have financial concerns? I feel confused these days! So glad to have NC.com to let it all out! Love you guys.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Happy Birthday Jeep!!!
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
Thanks everyone! Had a fun birthday evening with my sister and cousin. Went out to dinner and then had a very non-healthy, non-low carb dessert. My sister brought this gorgeous cake that turned out to be a thick dark chocolate shell that was filled with wonderful artisan chocolates. Oh my. Here are a couple pics.

RBB - Yay, a birthday twin!! Hope you had a great birthday.
Thanks kasden for the compliments.
And curlypearl - YOU are an inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey old ladies!  : )-deni-birthday-dinner-2-11-2011-2.jpg   Hey old ladies!  : )-deni-birthday-dinner-2-11-2011-4.jpg  
In Western PA

Jeepy, that cake has my mouth watering, and I'm not even a chocolate fiend. Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I needed them today. I wish all of us could see ourselves as others see us. I know there are people I love who regard me highly, and actually, if I could see myself from the outside, I'd probably regard me highly too LOL, but some days I just see all the shortcomings.

Clearly, I need a big piece of that cake and a glass of wine! Tomorrow will be better.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Ooh, love your cake! Happy Birthday.
3b in South Australia.
Banned
Happy Birfday!
Did ya get to keep the mallet?
I wish all of us could see ourselves as others see us.
Originally Posted by curlypearl
Ain't that the truth? I think we all have moments when we're way too hard on ourselves. I hope you're having a better day today, curlypearl!

I am a total chocolate fiend, and I am drooling over that cake! Happy late Birthday to Jeep and rbb!
Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
Northern VA
Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
Dye-free since 11/2010

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes!

And yes, we all do need to value ourselves more.
I am demanding it! : )
In Western PA

Trending Topics