Recommendations for a matte makeup?

Like Tree4Likes

That's why I like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer--it's not too sheer. You're right that most TMs don't cover much of anything.

I can't imagine using Effacernes as foundation, but we all have to go with what works for us! I agree with you about primer, though. I really dislike the stuff.
Hi dc curly !

Here is the store locator link on the vichy usa website - maybe it would help??? I found Vichy Dermablend when I did a search, but not the Aera Teinte. I think the Aera Teinte is newer, but I can't say for certian because I never used this line before the foundation was recommended to me.
http://www.vichyusa.com/_us/_en/stores/index.aspx

Here is a photo of the foundation itself:
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/vichy-aera-teint-pure-cream-foundation-12-opal-30ml-14353

Most of the links I could find when googling were from the UK. I live in Canada and you can find Vichy products in almost all drug stores and in many of the 'super' grocery stores that also have beauty, household items, etc.
The Aera Teinte foundation comes in a bottle and a tube. My skin gets very dry. The one in the tube is meant for dry skin. The coverage you get from it is amazing. I take an ivory in most foundation brands and I still take an ivory in the Vichy Aera Teinte.

I never used to have to use a primer, but the older I got the dryer my skin has become. I also have a lot of redness in my skin, which is why I need the extra coverage that this foundation gives me. I wish I didn't have to use a primer, but without it the makeup doesn't last on my skin and I don't get the coverage I need. There is a natural primer that doesn't contain silicones. I use it in the summer time by Exuberance; my skin is nowhere near as dry at that time of year. Here is the link for it:
http://well.ca/products/exuberance-helichrysum_30328.html

What I love about this foundation is that my skin looks younger in it. Most higher coverage foundations aged me and I looked like I was wearing a mask. With this one, I get the coverage, but it doesn't look like I have my face caked with makeup.

Good luck finding it ... if you can't find the Aera Teinte, you might want to give the Dermablend version a try. I'm always surprised when I can get something in Canada that is difficult to find in the U.S. - that SELDOM happens. Hopefully this is not the case ... perhaps it is a brand that is readily available at drug stores for you as well, so it isn't sold on line as often ??

I'm looking for a new foundation as well. I've been using the Laura Mercier TM, but this thread made me think there might be something better out there. I've always liked FrizzBgone's hair care recs and they've worked for me...but where do you find Vichy? I googled, couldn't find a source in the US. (and of course, this is the one I want to try)
Originally Posted by dc curly
dc curly likes this.
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
I finally found one I like: Nars Sheer Matte. I use the Sheer Glow on parts that I want to have a dewy finish and the Sheer Matte on the rest. It's very expensive but a tiny amount goes a looonnnggg way so I think it will last for years. I was able to test the colors at Sephora.

The reason I picked Nars is that the color match was perfect. Nars has a large color selection.

Thanks for all the responses!!!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Thanks so much FrizzBgone for all the info. I especially appreciate the photo of the foundation it will make it much easier to spot! I'm on a mission now.

Curlypearl- thanks for starting this thread. I didn't even realize I wanted new make-up till I read all the messages here.
curlypearl likes this.
Good luck finding it dc curly. I can't believe how much I like it and it is not expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Trending Topics