What do you like better about your appearance as you get older?

Like Tree24Likes

jeep you look fabulous--you are lean and muscular and healthy and gorgeous. i am also in the tiny minority (getting larger tho) of people who don't color or wear makeup or do "work". at this point i am having an involuntary "peel" from the chemo cream so i would welcome back my nice NORMAL wrinkly 62 yr old sun damaged skin. right now i look like a cross between a beat up prize fighter and a teenager with really bad acne, tomorrow i go to the dermatologist and i have never SO looked forward to a dr appt in my life--tonight is the last night putting on this disgusting cream...now the sunscreen and visors will be a permanent part of my life. if you go to an old time music event you will see many women from 45-80 who have gray hair and no make up and are kickbutt musicians...
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
thanks banjo! I am not at all muscular tho. hahaha. And YOU are the gorgeous one. those cheekbones! that hair! hope everything heals up well for you. I've seen videos of some of your friends and they are amazing.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
It's a struggle to adjust to the oldish-looking face staring back from the mirror. Do I know aging is inevitable? Yea. Would I trade back for my 35-year-old looks? Well, no. On the other hand, I do miss my young face. I don't feel as old as I look. Does that make sense?

And, no, no, no, I am not ready for gray hair. More power to those who can carry it off, but I know it would put 10-15 years on my appearance in a heartbeat.
Janna and wavyblonde like this.
I feel like more of a diva as I get older. I too love dressing in what I love and screw what everybody else is wearing or what they think.
I am still the exact same size I was when I was in high school. I am still not sure how that is, because I have 3 kids, all of them were over 8lbs when born. I am mad that I am still "skinny", cuz I want womanly curves!
I am 32 but do not feel I look a day over 25. Lol!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
Banned
The 45 marker thing mentioned here makes me a bit nervous! Not there yet, tho I happened to catch a Dr. Oz show this past week and it was about sex drives, etc...I must be an anomaly b/c 45 seemed to be the target age for that and I see no decline in sight!
curlypearl likes this.
For me, and I'm 53, I like the inward confidence about myself that reflects in my appearance. I could lose a few pounds, which I'm doing slowly, but the fact that I don't give a dayum about peoples opinion of me is huge for me. I spent all of my life, until I hit the fabulous 5-0 worrying too much about how people saw me, and now its quite liberating to "do me" and not care what other people think. My DH says that I'm the only woman he knows that actually looks younger the older I get. Confidence is ageless!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
BekkaPoo and wavyblonde like this.
sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
porosity - normal to low
elasticity - normal

love my curls
HGs:
FSG
Henna
My own butter mixture
My own version of Terressentials mud wash
Doing my face yesterday I thought of something that's better - my freckles have faded as I've got older!
3b in South Australia.
I think this thread is about as old as I am!
eche428 likes this.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift

Trending Topics