Night cream

Like Tree1Likes

A couple of months ago I started getting lazy and would take off my make-up with Peanut Oil, then put a little bit more on to moisturize. I guess my laziness paid off, because my skin looks better because of this. It may work the same with Olive Oil for some, but I'd been taking my makeup off with that and I didn't see a difference. This is now my nightly routine, even when I don't feel like being lazy.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Good for you lotsawaves!
Sometimes simpler really is better! Far too many women get into complicated skin regimes, either day or night when in fact they could go with a lot less. What counts is what is effective for one's own skin. If one is not looking to treat stuff like sunspots, acne, etc. then one can go a lot more basic than one thinks. Or if one has sensitive skin the way I do. A good cleanser, moisturizer, sunblock, and exfoliator(either in the form of cleanser, mask or cream)are all one needs. For highly-sensitive skins, even the exfoliator can be dropped. And for really highly-sensitive and very dry-skinned who don't wear makeup, washing the face with water-only works really well. My best friend, who has more reactive skin than I do - her mother did precisely this.
I don't use a night cream, per se, but I do use retin-a cream nightly. I started it for acne in my mid-thirties and have used it for the past 15 years. Made a huge difference for me - minimal acne and a relatively smooth, bright complexion. I clean with CeraVe (drugstore cleanser) and also use a lotion that has a mix of AHA and BHA once or twice a day and sunscreen each morning. Easy and fairly inexpensive - the retin-a is generic and a tube costs me about $45 and lasts 6 - 7 months....
strssmnky likes this.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Depends on your price range. My current drugstore fave is Cetaphil's moisturizing cream. Great if your skin is sensitive. High end, Iloce Caudalie's Vinoperfect lotion. The Cetaphil rubs between $6-$24 while the vinoperfect is $60-$80.
rrkacey - I use Cetaphil too, as my day cream, and sometimes over my drugstore retinol at night. Great stuff - I've been using it for 12 years now. I have sensitive, but normal to very slightly oily skin that can sometimes act dehydrated. I know that's a mouthful, but there it is. Can sometimes make it challenging to find products but I do have a good basic regimen that covers the bases without being too complicated, thank goodness. It's all affordable stuff too. Only one expensive item in the lot, but it lasts a very long time(an anti-oxidant toner that does really make a difference in skin texture, so I keep it in there).
I also use Retin-a but the CeraVe I use is the cream which is nice and heavy, balances out the drying of the Retin-a. In the winter when it gets really dry I use extra cream in the morning or just tinted moisturizer. The Retin-a and CeraVe really have done wonders and they work well together.

I don't use a night cream, per se, but I do use retin-a cream nightly. I started it for acne in my mid-thirties and have used it for the past 15 years. Made a huge difference for me - minimal acne and a relatively smooth, bright complexion. I clean with CeraVe (drugstore cleanser) and also use a lotion that has a mix of AHA and BHA once or twice a day and sunscreen each morning. Easy and fairly inexpensive - the retin-a is generic and a tube costs me about $45 and lasts 6 - 7 months....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
3a/3b, iii, medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
CG since 1/1/2011

Co-wash - Suave Naturals
RO/LI- GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR, KCKT, TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner, Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
DT - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner, AOHR, KCKT
Styling -CJCCCC, HETT, Biotera Styling Gel, AVG, Boots Curl Cream, Eco Styler

Trending Topics