Hormones causing frizz?

I've been fighting uncontrollable frizz the last couple of years and wondering if pre-menopause is the culprit? Been avoiding products with cones, drying with a t shirt and letting my hair air dry. I live in Southern California and am 43 years old. Can anyone suggest any miracle product to control or minimize frizz? Thanks ladies!!!
I'm 48 and have been on the hormone rollercoaster since I was 28. I recently went to a new stylist, and for the first time in my life, my hair is frizzy. I HATE it. I have NEVER had frizzies before - but it looks like my head is covered with split ends.

So your problem may not be hormones.

Oh - and my dil swears by a product called Frizz Eaze that I'm going to try myself.

Last edited by nontrastu; 09-03-2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added info
I'm 48 and have been on the hormone rollercoaster since I was 28. I recently went to a new stylist, and for the first time in my life, my hair is frizzy. I HATE it. I have NEVER had frizzies before - but it looks like my head is covered with split ends.

So your problem may not be hormones.

Oh - and my dil swears by a product called Frizz Eaze that I'm going to try myself.
Originally Posted by nontrastu
It sounds more like your new haircut or products your stylist used are the cause. Frizz Ease is loaded with
cones, FYI. I find my hair is more coarse, with more uncooperative hairs since I'm turning gray. If you have gray hair, even if you color it, it can be more frizzy.
Oil shampooing, or prepooing with coconut oil or jojoba oil really helps my hair keep the frizz down.
Products with castor oil and glycerin also give me frizzies. My hair is super soft and medically wavy (medication), not naturally wavy so it is normally never frizzy.
What products are you using?
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM

Trending Topics