I don't know who anybody is anymore!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crwritt
  • 1 Post By ewenique

I was looking at the Hit or Miss feature of People online and I didn't know who 90% of those women were. Of the other ones, I had heard the names of probably half, but didn't really know who they are.

That has to be a sign of getting old. I don't like it, but I'm just not interested in the young starlets for the most part and seldom see their shows or movies. I do watch movies though, so maybe I am seeing them and don't realize it. I just saw The Help and believe the star was Emma Stone, I've never heard of her before, but she is all over People now.

Anybody else falling behind or do you make an effort to keep up? This is more likely to hit a chord with those of us in our 50's than 40's.
Yeah, I have the same issue. I just laugh. It doesn't really bother me. In fact, I sort of enjoy taking on the role of Old Fart Lady. ("Who the hell is this? Ah, who cares? She can't hold a candle to Kate Hepburn or Faye Dunaway......")

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.
When I get my hair colored, I flip through gossip magazines (I can't read a serious book--there is just too much noise/distraction in a salon). I don't recognize half the people in them. I now recognize the names Leighton Meester (silliest name ever!) and Rachel Bilson, but I have no idea why they're famous. :-P

I knew Emma Stone from Easy A. (Took my 13-year-old to see it; the movie definitely pushed the envelope for that rating.)
I read magazines that people leave at work and am in the same boat - no idea who I'm looking at. I have on occasion looked at a double page spread and not recognised anyone. Find it quite amusing actually!
3b in South Australia.
omg I can so relate on this one.

I used to pride myself in knowing all the current music.. that was before kids though.. anything after '95 is such a blur. I think my kids stole some of my brain cells, my memory is terrible now.

But if I drop something, I can usually grab it before it hits the floor. Kids gave me Ninja hands!
Yeah, I have the same issue. I just laugh. It doesn't really bother me. In fact, I sort of enjoy taking on the role of Old Fart Lady. ("Who the hell is this? Ah, who cares? She can't hold a candle to Kate Hepburn or Faye Dunaway......")
Originally Posted by wavycurly40+
ITA!
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I enjoy being an old fart too. I am up on music that the 'young folks' listen too, but I have no idea who the people are on tv or movies since I rarely watch either one.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I don't mind it really. Like Jeepy, I'm up on current music but TV? Movies? Forget it. I don't know over half the actors as I don't watch either much.
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
If I don't know who someone is in People or Us or whatever, I just assume they're on some idiotic reality tv show.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'm the same even for real life people. We had a retail store for years, and now a coin laundry. Everyone looks familiar but I can't remember names.
Lotsawaves likes this.
I thought of this thread as they announced the new "Dancing with the Stars" lineup. There is a young, male Kardashian? Who knew?
2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
RO TN Moisturizing .
Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith
Yeah, I just don't care who these "famous" people are. Their lives are usually a mess. Looking good on the outside doesn't translate into being happy.
curlypearl likes this.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Krystal Ecostyler, KCCC,

Unique and Useful gifts & accessories
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com and www.EweniqueEssentials.etsy.com
well i am 61 and know all the words to practically every rock song between 1961 and 1970 plus the words to the songs from my fair lady, west side story and the king and i. after that i dont have a clue. modern movie stars--well i know who liam neeson is and brad pitt and uma thurman, i think george clooney is hot but only because he reminds me of clark gable. there is nobody now like spencer tracy. i know susan sarandon, diane keaton,julia roberts and some of the curly stars like sj parker and m kankarides.
but now do these young folks know who george chakiris is (was?) . i also watch true blood and game of thrones so i know who those actors are (sort of) i have young clients who crack me up and they love the fact that i am so clueless and they can enlighten me. they can give me pop culture lessons and i hope to help them with negotiating their lives. of course i forget the pop stuff the minute they are out the door
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls

Trending Topics