Interesting article about aging

Yoga Journal - Yoga News & Trends - Act Your Age

The article is from yoga journal but isn't just about how yoga and meditation relate to aging. It describes ways to think about aging that are empowering rather than dealing with aging with fear, denial or resistance.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Yoga Journal - Yoga News & Trends - Act Your Age

The article is from yoga journal but isn't just about how yoga and meditation relate to aging. It describes ways to think about aging that are empowering rather than dealing with aging with fear, denial or resistance.
Originally Posted by 2poodles

Thanks for posting this 2p. Always good to hear from you!
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high.
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
What a great article. Thanks for posting it. Makes me want to start doing Yoga. There's a spiritual bookstore near me (I could walk to it) and they have meditation classes. I'm going to sign up.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Glad you enjoyed the article, Lotsa! And I hope you enjoy meditating - I've found it (and yoga) to be really wonderful practices. I am in better physical shape and much calmer, centered, balanced and way less stressed than I used to be since I began yoga and meditation. Best of luck!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Thanks for the article. I'm not a fan of yoga but I do love my own version of daily meditation.
And yes, women especially need to learn to accept aging as a part of life and we need to celebrate and find joy in every stage of that life.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I keep MEANING to do yoga and/or meditation.... but I'm too impatient and rushed and always think I don't have time. Irony alert: yoga and meditation would probably CURE me of this problem, wouldn't they? It's like: the cure to the problem is the one thing I won't do, because of the problem!

(This is human nature, right? Or is it just me????)

Thanks for posting, though -- maybe this will be the inspiration that I need.

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.

Trending Topics