Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Over 40

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Gretchen

My husband got some fancy inserts that have really saved him. He feels so much better.

You are beautiful!
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #22

I suffered with PF for almost 2 yrs. It lasted as long ad it did for me because I didn't do anything about it. I had no idea what it was so it took a long time to get over it. Orthotics made a huge difference for me. I never go in bare feet and if I know I am going to be walking any distance at all I make sure I am wearing my running shoes with orthotics.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Poochie

Update: my PF has improved to where I don't notice it any more, even after dance class. Just in time to go back to Scotland! I really like Birkenstock insoles, even more than Superfeet; they are absolutely going with me this time. Other than proper arch support, what helped me the most, I believe, were the excercises you do standing on a step, where you dip your heels below the step level and then lift them above, keeping the balls of your feet on the step.
makeminecurly likes this.
Poochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #24

If you can afford them, orthotics can make an huge difference. Never ever be in bare feet. When I was suffering with it, I was told to have my running shoes beside my bed. I was told to put them on before putting any weight on my feet. Birkenstocks helped me and so did Croc flip flops in summer. I used the clog looking Crocs as slippers in the cooler months.

My calves were extremely tight. Even after doing Physio, getting orthotics, never walking in bare feet, it took me a long time to get over it. What really helped me was massage. Massaging my calves was painful but very effective. If massages aren't in the budget right now, the foam roller can be very helpful. We incorporated the foam roller into massage therapy when my daughter injured herself recently. Chiropractors, athletic therapists, massage therapist and Physio therapists all seem to recommend them. You can find some good exercises on You Tube. They are not expensive and very effective.

Good luck. Be diligent with stretches, massage (or foam roller) and proper footwear and it will heal. You will have to be patient depending on how severe your case is. It took me 2 years to get over it, but I let it go way too long before realizing what it was.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #25

Default Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory

I had tried everything (except that stretch with the stairs which I will be adding today!) to get relief and my PF didn't ease up until I started putting ginger root in my daily juice. I would assume you could get the same results with capsules of the stuff, or off a spoon if your made of stronger stuff than I am.

I just took a job working on my feet after 18 years of riding a desk, and I flared back up. Added some insoles and Advil to the ginger for a week and now I'm back to being able to go barefoot with my flat-footed self. YMMV
makeminecurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 AM   #26

There are lots of treatment which you can use for your Plantar Fasciitis treatment. Nowadays finding a right treatment is not difficult because you can find an effective treatment for your pain with little effort. Visit at your nearest heel pain clinic by reference of someone who used their treatment. Best of luck for treatment
JackAger is offline   Reply With Quote