Do you take a holiday photo?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ringlets of fire

If yes, who is in it? What do you do with it? Any special ideas for holiday photos?

I ask because I like to hear new ideas and good stories.

My daughter just turned 10. She still believes in Santa... even though all of her friends say "It's your mom!"... and, she asks questions. She thinks the REAL Santa is the one at the end of a holiday train ride that we do every year. She knows the others are fakes. Funny, huh? So, we'll get her Santa photo with the real Santa again this year.

We also do a family photo. We haven't been very creative. It's just us in regular clothes. Do you take holiday pictures wearing funny PJs or special dress?

I'd love to hear what you've done... and, ideas for what you think would be great.
Hair: tight waves to loose curls. Thick. Coarse. Dry. Natural redhead until bright white strands popped out. Color with FramColor now. Shampoo: alternate Phytojoba with Cowash: Suave coconut, Paul Brown or those that didn't work well as a conditioner. Conditioner: can't find one heavy enough. Product: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. DT: Coconut Oil
I sometimes get one with my dogs and Santa, but I'm too embarrassed to do anything but keep it on my 'fridge.
I think it's cute that your daughter still believes in Santa! My 10-year-old thinks it's cool to be jaded.

I used to take a holiday photo of my kids (nothing all that creative--maybe all of them in red) and sent paper Christmas cards. So many of my friends are on Facebook that a holiday card seems redundant.
I am sending a few cards this year to friends who aren't on Facebook. I didn't do a holiday photo--just using a recent one of the kids.

I've never sent photos of me and my husband. The kids are MUCH cuter.
This is the only Xmas pic I've ever done. We just had the neighbor kid take a pic and I turned it into a card. Not very creative but it was fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you take a holiday photo?-xmas-card.jpg  
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
This is the only Xmas pic I've ever done. We just had the neighbor kid take a pic and I turned it into a card. Not very creative but it was fun.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
I love it. Works out well that your Jeeps are the same color as Santa's sleigh.
jeepcurlygurl likes this.
Hair: tight waves to loose curls. Thick. Coarse. Dry. Natural redhead until bright white strands popped out. Color with FramColor now. Shampoo: alternate Phytojoba with Cowash: Suave coconut, Paul Brown or those that didn't work well as a conditioner. Conditioner: can't find one heavy enough. Product: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. DT: Coconut Oil
I sometimes get one with my dogs and Santa, but I'm too embarrassed to do anything but keep it on my 'fridge.
Originally Posted by ninja dog
You can post it here. Your dogs look like they have a lot of personality.
I think it's cute that your daughter still believes in Santa! My 10-year-old thinks it's cool to be jaded.

I used to take a holiday photo of my kids (nothing all that creative--maybe all of them in red) and sent paper Christmas cards. So many of my friends are on Facebook that a holiday card seems redundant.
I am sending a few cards this year to friends who aren't on Facebook. I didn't do a holiday photo--just using a recent one of the kids.

I've never sent photos of me and my husband. The kids are MUCH cuter.
Originally Posted by Verity
It's amazing how much different kids are at 10. Some of them seem mature, like teens... and some seem so silly and young.
My 10-year-old is pretty silly about a lot of things, but she has an older sister (14) who let the cat out of the bag about Santa. On the other hand, she probably tries to act more grown up than her sister did at the same age--again, it's the older sister influence.
I actually caved and got Christmas cards this year. (Snapfish was running a special.) We hadn't done them in a few years, and I have some friends and family who either aren't on Facebook or have an account and never use it. (That's the way I am with Twitter.)
OMG those are hilarious. Tho the one with the clown is gonna give me nightmares.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Originally Posted by ninja dog
You can post it here. Your dogs look like they have a lot of personality.
Originally Posted by ringlets of fire
That's sweet of you --- thanks. No scanner, though, so I'll just enjoy everyone else's.
What not to do for your holiday photo:

Top 53 des pires photos de famille de NoŽl | Topito
Originally Posted by Verity
You really have to wonder what goes through some people's heads!
3b in South Australia.
Oh lordy. Ellen is doing worst photos on her show and someone submitted #16, which she showed last week. I think my mouth hung open for at least 10 minutes.
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
And seriously, what is the point of sending a holiday card with photos you've already posted on Facebook to someone you know is active on Facebook?

Trending Topics