Prevage

Anyone here ever use it? Recommend it or not? Just curious before I spend all that money.
3b/c
I used Prevage MD a couple of years ago. Seemed to be OK for my skin in the beginning and a friend of mine who doesn't see me often even complimented me on my skin. But after a few weeks, my skin got irritated. I know with the stronger strength, the derm recommended a "weaning on" period, to slowly build up and not get irritation. I followed his instructions. The MD version, back then, was 2x the strength of what's sold in dept stores and OTC. Skincare sites sell the MD version also and I remember it was expensive. I didn't use it after it started to irritate my skin and never went back to it.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
The sales clerk gave me a small sample to try for a few days. This is OTC so I would imagine not as strong as what you were using. Wonder how long it would be before I saw irritation if I was going to?
3b/c
I'm sure it's a YMMV thing, but the badness for me started happening in 3- week timeframe. So it must have had something to do when I finally built up to "full strength" even though I followed derm's recommendation. Those recs are based on the average user, so I guess if I really wanted to stick with it, I could have taken a break altogether from the product and started again much more slowly in the ramping up phases.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I don't use this myself, but I do know from experience with other stuff that irritation can sneak up on you. It goes like this - the first week you use a product, you're all thrilled and hopeful, and it feels so GOOD on your skin. The second week, things start to look a little better and you think "great - no irritation so far, and this actually might be helping a little". Third week - BOOM! red angry spots(NOT acne) happen on your face and it's burning and itching at the same time. I had this happen with Skinceuticals Intense Line Defense serum(AHA serum). OMG - my skin took MONTHS to get better! It was a full six months before I could exfoliate at all once again, and nearly another 6 months before I could wear any sunblock. Before this episode, I could wear chemical sunblocks with no problem. Ever since, the chemical-only sunblocks burn my face - I have to use physical, or a blend of physical and chemical where there's not too much chemical in there.
I know this doesn't have to do with Prevage itself - just a cautionary tale about how irritation can sneak up on one and really mess up one's skin for awhile. People out there say that everything's OK a week or two after discontinuing the offending product. Not always true - skin can LOOL "all better" but still be sensitized for a LONG time afterward, if not permanently. Be careful out there, if your skin is the least bit sensitive at all!
At the cost of this stuff, the store is doing an Elizabeth Arden gift with purchase starting Feb 21. I decided to wait till then to get some of the free stuff. In the meantime, I got another week's worth sample of the anti-aging serum so hope using it that long I can make a smart decision by next weekend. Thanks.
3b/c

Trending Topics