IPL anyone?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rouquinne
  • 1 Post By rouquinne

i've always had spider-vein problem on my face; it's one of the hazards of living in Canada where the long winters have us going from really cold to really hot.

but this year, i've had the sinus cold from hell hang on forever and i've been blowing my nose so much, i think the spiders have grandchildren by now.

anyone done IPL?

there's a Groupon today for a local spa offering 3 treatments for $99. most places charge about $175 per treatment, so i'm wondering if i should give it a go.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
okay, i'm going to be the guinea pig and write about my experiences!

My blog:

Please do! I have them terribly and have been thinking of it for a while. In fact, I recently got a Baby Quasar to try to do it myself, but I haven't had a chance to get it out and see what to do yet. If figured if it really works as so many claim, it would be a lot cheaper in the long run, plus I could do maintenance as needed - I've had some removed by laser before but they always came back - or at least more new ones in the same place - pretty quickly.This site is crazy today! First I kept getting a site-not-found screen every time I'd click on New Posts, then it wouldn't let me click on Quick Reply, now it has repeatedly kept me from entering a paragraph break above - weird!
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
my first treatment is on Friday. since my boss is out of town, i thought i could take the afternoon off.

i've also decided to get a Tanda Luxe - they are on sale right now at 30% off. so much more affordable than a Baby Quasar at $200!
My blog:

Not familiar with the Tanda. Let us know how it works, too. Is it supposed to also work on brown spots?

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
yes, same principles as Baby Quasar - led light therapy.
My blog:

oh the *things* i do for you!

i am not going to lie or sugar-coat this for you, folks, but for me, IPL hurts like HELL!!!!

the laser tech told me that it feels like an elastic band pinging against your skin, but i've had more than my share of dry, old elastic bands breaking and hitting me and this hurt way more than that!

first they give you an ice pack to numb the area, then they cover it in ice cold ultrasound gel and then ... away they go!

a complete treatment consists of only 12 to 15 zaps with a laser that is about 1 inch by 1.5 inches in size. that's more than enough - i was almost in tears at the end. however, i had her concentrate on my nose, which is where most of us have the most spider veins. she also did my cheeks and under my lower lip, which didn't hurt half as much.

depending on your skin tone, the average person sees a 10 to 12% reduction in redness with each treatment. someone super-pale like me can get up to 15% reduction, and it will be noticeable within 3 days.

they do recommend 6 treatments, but after i finish my series of 3, i WILL NOT do it again!

the LED red light treatment is supposed to help diminish spider veins, too, and my unit should arrive by Wednesday next week.

if you've got any questions, ask away....
My blog:

Oh!

I had this for a bad one on the piece of skin between my nostrils. (What's that called?)

It hurt like a m-f. I panted the whole time.

It did take it away, though.

Cost was $200+ by a physician a decade ago.

OUCH.
okay, this is weird.

i was told that it would take about 3 days to see the most benefit from this, but this morning i appear to have NO spider veins left on the right side of my nose!

this is flat-out *amazing*!
ninja dog likes this.
My blog:

my friends, i want you all to do something for me...

if i EVER talk about having laser resurfacing with a Fraxel laser, even HINT that i might do such a thing...

TALK ME OUT OF IT!!!

i went for my Botox on Tuesday afternoon, and the nurse who did my injections had just had both of her eyes lasered - all the way around, up to the brow bone and to the bottom of her eye sockets.

it was raw, red and grotesque.

ugh!
My blog:

oh, i got it, i got it - my little LED device came in the mail yesterday!!! it's charging today and then i will use it faithfully every day and report back on my findings!

My blog:

oh, by the way... i'm going to use this thing on the brown spots on my hands and the spider veins on my legs too!
My blog:

I'm going to try to break the Baby Quasar in this weekend, too. Once I figure it out, I'll try to use it regularly and report back.

I'll be using it for brown spots on face, decollete, hands, forearms and on broken capillaries on face. Also on my bad shoulder as many report it helps with chronic inflammation like that, too.

We shall see . . . I hope any results on brown spots and veins are lasting results.

www.fotki.com/auntnett
so far, the veins on the right side of my nose have not come back; the IPL does seem to be having lasting results.

i have been using my Tanda faithfully; not every day on my face. the old Tanda Regenerate said to use every day, but the new Tanda Luxe says twice a week. i called the company to ask them some questions. they said that the Luxe has stronger LED lights than the old Regenerate and that twice a week should be more than enough. when i asked if it was safe to use every day, they said it should be fine. they also said it was safe to use on the scars on my lips from my accident 7 years ago, but it would not help with the lack of pigmentation in the scarring.

while i'm not getting noticeable results yet on my fine lines or brown spots, i have used it twice a day on a large cluster of spider veins on the outside of my left knee. this spot has been there for years and it was VERY blue and purple.

folks, i kid you not, this thing is breaking up! it is genuinely smaller and there are red veins through it instead of just the bruise-like mass that was there 10 days ago!

i am *thrilled*!

My blog:

I had one session of laser treatment on some capillaries on my nose, face and decolletage about 7 years ago, when I was about 35.

There was only one stubborn capillary that came back right away, a larger right next to my nose. The technician said that one might need more than one treatment and she was right. I never did go back to get it done, because overall I felt really good about the results. My decolletage was especially improved. I had some rather large and unsightly ones there that looked like zits and I was always very self conscious about them. Those were what drove me to seek laser treatment, it wasn't until I was in the chair they asked me if I wanted to get the nose done too.

I can no longer remember if I had IPL or another method. I do remember it was described the same way, like rubber bands snapped against the skin, and that's exactly how it felt *except for the nose area. They told me the nose area is very sensitive and would feel very painful and they were right! It also bruised a lot more in healing. However, it really was worth it, because that treatment has lasted a very long time. I'm starting to see more of them creep in, but nowhere near as bad. I might go back in 1-3 years for another treatment.

Highly recommend! Glad you're enjoying your results, rou!
I had several broken capillaries on my face when I was in my 20's. The derm zapped them with an old-fashioned electric cauterizing machine called a hyfercator. One little painless zap for each capillary, a little scab for a couple days, and they were all gone, and never came back. Seems like the newer technology of using lasers for these things isn't really an improvement.
My capillaries were first treated by cautery about 20 years ago, and they did go away and stayed away longer than the ones I later had treated with laser.

The old derm I went to back then used that cautery for everything, and it was just as effective as a lot of the stuff they do now. He removed about 30 skin tags and cherry angiomas all in one day, no stitches, very minimal scabbing. Now, they want to snip and stitch every tag, and they'll only do a very few at a time.

Alas, the old doc developed a terrible palsy and had to retire because his hands became too shaky to do much of anything any more. Miss his old school cautery and liquid nitrogen, LOL!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
after a month of use, the scar on my lower lip that goes out into my skin is actually softening. i had that accident 7 years ago and i was sure that it would never go away.

my skin does feel softer and moisturizer seems to last longer.

and i don't know if this is due to a combination of things or just the led, but i was at a party at a co-worker's house last week. it turns out one of her friends and i went to the same junior high school in Toronto. my co-worker is in her late 50s, but i figured this woman was closer to my age, so i asked her when she went to St. Felix, figuring she might be the year before me or after me (there were 250 students in this school, i didn't even know everyone in my entire class).

she said (i kid you not!):

well, i'm a lot older than you so i'm pretty sure we didn't overlap; i started in 1976.

you should've seen the look on her face when i told her that i finished in 1974!

she thought i was 40 at the oldest!

WurlyLox likes this.
My blog:

I'm a '74 graduate, too! That sounds like proof that you're getting good results. It's been so crazy lately that I still haven't had a chance to get my Baby Q out and read up on it to see what/how to do. Off next week, so definitely then if not sooner - Hope my results are as good!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
I just started noticing broken capillaries all around my nose. I have no idea where these came from or how long I have had them! I am out in the cold a lot since I insist on walking my dogs every morning no matter what the temperature. I try to cover with makeup, but it doesn't cover all of them .

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Trending Topics