CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Over 40 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/)
-   -   Which Glasses? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/139950-glasses.html)

crwritt 02-07-2012 10:01 AM

Which Glasses?
 
I'm having new lenses put in a pair of glasses frames, and I have two pair on hand to choose from.These http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6...e3e5b79a8e.jpg01 27 12 003 by crwritt, on Flickror thesehttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6...6f96a588af.jpg01 27 12 004 by crwritt, on FlickrI'm leaning toward the first pair, I think they sit better on my face. What do you think?
Auto-Saved

.cke_skin_kama{visibility:hidden;}

CurlyFireHorse 02-07-2012 11:48 AM

I like the first ones. Both look nice, but the first pair have a flair that the 2nd is missing. :happy7:

crwritt 02-07-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse (Post 1879708)
I like the first ones. Both look nice, but the first pair have a flair that the 2nd is missing. :happy7:

So far three out of four people think the first pair is more stylish. I tend to agree.

fitover40 02-07-2012 01:46 PM

first one

CurlyFireHorse 02-07-2012 02:49 PM

btw, your hair is beautiful:occasion7:

ninja dog 02-07-2012 03:23 PM

I agree with curlyfirehorse on both counts.

rbb 02-07-2012 05:41 PM

i'm voting for the 2nd pair, i think the shape compliments your face.

curlypearl 02-07-2012 06:39 PM

Is there any other choice? I don't think either pair is doing you justice. The first pair is more stylish but the frames are too widening and cover up your eyebrows.

The second pair OK for your face shape but kind of old ladyish and lacks any flair.

I hope I am not disheartening you - it's just that I've worn glasses for 59 years and have helped friends buy glasses. If the choice narrows to these 2, I would have to say the first one because, although I don't think it is great for your face shape, at least it has some style and you look happier in it (but that may be because you are smiling more).

How about trying other shapes? One rule with glasses is to try to buy a shape opposite your face shape. For example, if you want to stay neutral, have you tried on a pair of thin, black, square frames? Have you considered colors? With your lovely hair, I could see black, blue, iridescent silver, red, violet, rose. Avoid yellow, beige, tortoise or green.

Hope this is helpful and not negative. :sunny:

crwritt 02-07-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlypearl (Post 1880158)
Is there any other choice? I don't think either pair is doing you justice. The first pair is more stylish but the frames are too widening and cover up your eyebrows.

The second pair OK for your face shape but kind of old ladyish and lacks any flair.

I hope I am not disheartening you - it's just that I've worn glasses for 59 years and have helped friends buy glasses. If the choice narrows to these 2, I would have to say the first one because, although I don't think it is great for your face shape, at least it has some style and you look happier in it (but that may be because you are smiling more).

How about trying other shapes? One rule with glasses is to try to buy a shape opposite your face shape. For example, if you want to stay neutral, have you tried on a pair of thin, black, square frames? Have you considered colors? With your lovely hair, I could see black, blue, iridescent silver, red, violet, rose. Avoid yellow, beige, tortoise or green.

Hope this is helpful and not negative. :sunny:

I thnk everyone has been very helpful.
Right now these are my two choices, as funds are limited, and I can have either pair relensed inexpensively.

I wear cheap readers and have gotten tired of breaking or losing them, so now I'm springing for progressives, so I can walk around without taking off my glasses.
I also have an appointment for a contact lens fitting, so if that turns out well, these glasses may not be a permanent fixture.

Curlypearl, you are correct, I could probably find a better choice of frames, but right now, I need to use frames that I already own. I will keep your advice in mind If I am in the position to afford brand new ones!

curlypearl 02-07-2012 08:41 PM

I totally understand and I'm glad you weren't offended. I've also chosen not to buy expensive frames in the last several years due to financial concerns. The important thing is to see clearly (LOL). !
I hope the contact lenses work out for you. :love5:

cleanteeth68 02-23-2012 02:33 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with Curlypearl.. But If new frames are not an option its hard to decide.. I think the first ones are cuter, funkier and are more stylish. However, the second ones are better suited for your face shape and they also don't hide your eyebrows like the first ones do which shows more of your expressions and give you a softer look:) Good luck with the decision.. if it was mine to make, i'd prob go with #2:)

rouquinne 02-23-2012 12:23 PM

i like the second ones because they're lighter and don't overwhelm your face.

the first ones make me look at you and think "great glasses".

the second ones make me look at you and think "great smile".

:D

Gretchen 03-02-2012 11:20 AM

CP, will you come to Austin and consult with me next time I need new frames? :)

tictacgal 03-06-2012 12:47 AM

I definitely like the second ones. :)

curlypearl 03-09-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 1899074)
CP, will you come to Austin and consult with me next time I need new frames? :)

This made me laugh and feel happy because in my fantasies about "what will I do when I grow up" (66 now) I often want to sell eyeglasses. So I realized how happy I am in my current job because I haven't had that fantasy in a while - but Gretchen, I'd be on the first boat/train/plane to help you pick out a pair. :love3:

diaspora 04-10-2012 08:16 PM

What did you get?!

39-year-old curly who wears contacts or glasses wants to know!

crwritt 04-11-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diaspora (Post 1928658)
What did you get?!

39-year-old curly who wears contacts or glasses wants to know!

I had the first pair relensed, and am waiting for cashflow to improve before I try the contacts. I wish I could do that now!

Spiralli 04-11-2012 06:50 PM

OT, but crwritt, I'd love to know what you do to style your hair. It looks very pretty and healthy. I'm tempted to see what my hair would look like with soft waves, but I don't want to heat-style. Did you use a flat-iron?

crwritt 04-11-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiralli (Post 1929543)
OT, but crwritt, I'd love to know what you do to style your hair. It looks very pretty and healthy. I'm tempted to see what my hair would look like with soft waves, but I don't want to heat-style. Did you use a flat-iron?

Thanks for the compliment. Its taken awhile to grow out all the old color, and using natural, or at least CG friendly product has let to a significant lack of frizz.

I'm trying to recall from looking at that picture what I did. My hair is 2c, so less tightly curled but probably coarser than yours. If I wash my usual way , with shea moisture coconut and hibiscus shampoo, scrunch in shea moisture smoothie, then ecostyler with argan oil, dry under my hard hat dryer, it is more clumpy than in that picture, so this must be second day hair that I brushed out and set with large hot rollers.

Another way I may have done it is, again, second day hair, brushed out and lightly dampened, then dryed and styled with the conair spin brush, something like blow drying with a round brush.

Another way I may have done it is to oil shampoo (pre poo with coconut oil, wash with castile soap, acv rinse, comb smooth, and brush out after it dries).
My hair also will straighten out similarly if I have had it up in a pony tail.

I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

I gave up using a flat iron long ago, I couldn't use it without burning myself, and I find the hot rollers to be easy to use, but I don't use them very often.

Spiralli 04-11-2012 09:03 PM

Makes me want to check out the Conair Spin Brush, or a set of large hot rollers. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com