Which Glasses?

Like Tree10Likes

I'm having new lenses put in a pair of glasses frames, and I have two pair on hand to choose from.These 01 27 12 003 by crwritt, on Flickror these01 27 12 004 by crwritt, on FlickrI'm leaning toward the first pair, I think they sit better on my face. What do you think?
Auto-Saved

.cke_skin_kama{visibility:hidden;}
I like the first ones. Both look nice, but the first pair have a flair that the 2nd is missing.
ninja dog likes this.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
I like the first ones. Both look nice, but the first pair have a flair that the 2nd is missing.
Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
So far three out of four people think the first pair is more stylish. I tend to agree.
first one
2C/3A / M to F / i (Fia)
Mod-CG since Oct 2011
wish I had more hair, but making the best of it
My hair protein!
It's a work in progress

No Poo: Deva No Poo, CJDF
Low Poo: Abba Color Protect
Rinse out: CJBC, OneC, CJAO
Leave in: Shescentit Coco, CJBC LI, CJCF
Curl enhancer: AG Recoil, MopC, KMFUM, CK, CJ CCCL
Gel: Ecostyler, ArcAngel, BRHG, GFPC, AIF
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAGirls PT, BTZ PT

Techniques: SuperSoaker, Plopping, Pixie , Smasters
btw, your hair is beautiful
Gretchen and ninja dog like this.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
I agree with curlyfirehorse on both counts.
i'm voting for the 2nd pair, i think the shape compliments your face.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Is there any other choice? I don't think either pair is doing you justice. The first pair is more stylish but the frames are too widening and cover up your eyebrows.

The second pair OK for your face shape but kind of old ladyish and lacks any flair.

I hope I am not disheartening you - it's just that I've worn glasses for 59 years and have helped friends buy glasses. If the choice narrows to these 2, I would have to say the first one because, although I don't think it is great for your face shape, at least it has some style and you look happier in it (but that may be because you are smiling more).

How about trying other shapes? One rule with glasses is to try to buy a shape opposite your face shape. For example, if you want to stay neutral, have you tried on a pair of thin, black, square frames? Have you considered colors? With your lovely hair, I could see black, blue, iridescent silver, red, violet, rose. Avoid yellow, beige, tortoise or green.

Hope this is helpful and not negative.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Is there any other choice? I don't think either pair is doing you justice. The first pair is more stylish but the frames are too widening and cover up your eyebrows.

The second pair OK for your face shape but kind of old ladyish and lacks any flair.

I hope I am not disheartening you - it's just that I've worn glasses for 59 years and have helped friends buy glasses. If the choice narrows to these 2, I would have to say the first one because, although I don't think it is great for your face shape, at least it has some style and you look happier in it (but that may be because you are smiling more).

How about trying other shapes? One rule with glasses is to try to buy a shape opposite your face shape. For example, if you want to stay neutral, have you tried on a pair of thin, black, square frames? Have you considered colors? With your lovely hair, I could see black, blue, iridescent silver, red, violet, rose. Avoid yellow, beige, tortoise or green.

Hope this is helpful and not negative.
Originally Posted by curlypearl
I thnk everyone has been very helpful.
Right now these are my two choices, as funds are limited, and I can have either pair relensed inexpensively.

I wear cheap readers and have gotten tired of breaking or losing them, so now I'm springing for progressives, so I can walk around without taking off my glasses.
I also have an appointment for a contact lens fitting, so if that turns out well, these glasses may not be a permanent fixture.

Curlypearl, you are correct, I could probably find a better choice of frames, but right now, I need to use frames that I already own. I will keep your advice in mind If I am in the position to afford brand new ones!
curlypearl likes this.
I totally understand and I'm glad you weren't offended. I've also chosen not to buy expensive frames in the last several years due to financial concerns. The important thing is to see clearly (LOL). !
I hope the contact lenses work out for you.
2/c and some 3A.
Every day is a gift
I'm gonna have to agree with Curlypearl.. But If new frames are not an option its hard to decide.. I think the first ones are cuter, funkier and are more stylish. However, the second ones are better suited for your face shape and they also don't hide your eyebrows like the first ones do which shows more of your expressions and give you a softer look Good luck with the decision.. if it was mine to make, i'd prob go with #2
curlypearl likes this.
i like the second ones because they're lighter and don't overwhelm your face.

the first ones make me look at you and think "great glasses".

the second ones make me look at you and think "great smile".

eche428 and curlypearl like this.
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
CP, will you come to Austin and consult with me next time I need new frames?
curlypearl likes this.
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
CP, will you come to Austin and consult with me next time I need new frames?
Originally Posted by Gretchen
This made me laugh and feel happy because in my fantasies about "what will I do when I grow up" (66 now) I often want to sell eyeglasses. So I realized how happy I am in my current job because I haven't had that fantasy in a while - but Gretchen, I'd be on the first boat/train/plane to help you pick out a pair.
Gretchen likes this.
2/c and some 3A.
Every day is a gift
What did you get?!

39-year-old curly who wears contacts or glasses wants to know!
curlypearl likes this.
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
What did you get?!

39-year-old curly who wears contacts or glasses wants to know!
Originally Posted by diaspora
I had the first pair relensed, and am waiting for cashflow to improve before I try the contacts. I wish I could do that now!
OT, but crwritt, I'd love to know what you do to style your hair. It looks very pretty and healthy. I'm tempted to see what my hair would look like with soft waves, but I don't want to heat-style. Did you use a flat-iron?
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
OT, but crwritt, I'd love to know what you do to style your hair. It looks very pretty and healthy. I'm tempted to see what my hair would look like with soft waves, but I don't want to heat-style. Did you use a flat-iron?
Originally Posted by Spiralli
Thanks for the compliment. Its taken awhile to grow out all the old color, and using natural, or at least CG friendly product has let to a significant lack of frizz.

I'm trying to recall from looking at that picture what I did. My hair is 2c, so less tightly curled but probably coarser than yours. If I wash my usual way , with shea moisture coconut and hibiscus shampoo, scrunch in shea moisture smoothie, then ecostyler with argan oil, dry under my hard hat dryer, it is more clumpy than in that picture, so this must be second day hair that I brushed out and set with large hot rollers.

Another way I may have done it is, again, second day hair, brushed out and lightly dampened, then dryed and styled with the conair spin brush, something like blow drying with a round brush.

Another way I may have done it is to oil shampoo (pre poo with coconut oil, wash with castile soap, acv rinse, comb smooth, and brush out after it dries).
My hair also will straighten out similarly if I have had it up in a pony tail.

I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

I gave up using a flat iron long ago, I couldn't use it without burning myself, and I find the hot rollers to be easy to use, but I don't use them very often.
Makes me want to check out the Conair Spin Brush, or a set of large hot rollers.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Trending Topics