My curls and my gray...

Like Tree3Likes

Thought I'd post a couple pics of my curls and my gray that coming in. Check out just above my right eye you'll see a litlle solid white curl in my bangs! I'm totally digging it!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlTalk App
Attached Thumbnails
My curls and my gray...-uploadfromtaptalk1339280256064.jpg  
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG
LOL. Here's my gray. First time using the phone app.

Attached Thumbnails
My curls and my gray...-uploadfromtaptalk1339280338590.jpg  
CG - 3/27/09
looks great -- really, it's barely salt and pepper, should not be noticeable as you transition out. it will look soooo good! your curls are gorgeous!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Thank you! The gray is actually quite noticeable - the picture was taken outside right before a thunderstorm so the lighting is not quite bright enough to see how really white and iridescent the "gray" is. Still I think it looks good. The only bad part is the bottom two thrids that are a solid reddish-brown color. I can't wait for that part to be gone!
CG - 3/27/09
Ah! You posted this at just the right time!

I am 44 and stopped coloring about five years ago, when I had a SUPER short pixie cut. I am about 40 to 50% gray and have been growing out my 2C waves for about 2 years. I am now at shoulder length!

I'm going to see my mother in law next month, for the first time since my gray hair got long. I know she will hate it. I had my hand on a bottle of color last week. Hubby talked me down.

So I am gonna rock the gray curls and see what happens! Thanks for the confidence boost!

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
tinah likes this.
Shampoo: Pure Life Lavender
Condish Pure Life Lavender, GFTN
LI: Deva OneC
tinah, you look fab!!

honeyb, your hubby is a good guy. : ) Don't let your mil get to you. My family members are the only people who have had negative comments about my natural hair.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
tinah, love your steely silver....any your curls.

honeyb -- never change something about yourself that you like, just for others. mil is probably just afraid of aging, her own aging i mean!! i have an aunt who hated my hair, explained to me how she colors her own (no comment here - LOL!), etc. now she has grown to love it and even exclaims to others about it. either way, i would not have started coloring again. and, the good news is that your dh is on your side!!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
Great curls, but you have hardly any grey to speak of LOL! From the title of your post, I was expecting a lot more. From what I can see, what little you have looks evenly distributed, which is a lot easier to transition to than patchy grey(like what I have underneath coloring).
There's actually a fair amount. And it's not evenly distributed. I have way more in the front than in the back. When I pull my hair back it's very very gray. I know I'm not completely gray or anything but it seems like a lot, at least to me.
CG - 3/27/09
There's actually a fair amount. And it's not evenly distributed. I have way more in the front than in the back. When I pull my hair back it's very very gray. I know I'm not completely gray or anything but it seems like a lot, at least to me.
Originally Posted by tinah
i don't think anyone's gray comes in evenly distributed, well mostly not. mine also came in mostly in the front, as is my daughter's (we both started graying at 17 yrs old, as did my dad). i think starting in the front is the usual way.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3b in South Australia.

Last edited by Starmie; 06-11-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Ok, I've typed something and it hasn't shown up, edited and it hasn't shown up, are there gremlins at nc today?! Can't be bothered typing it again!
3b in South Australia.
Are you typing in invisible ink, starmie? : )
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Are you typing in invisible ink, starmie? : )
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Apparently!
3b in South Australia.
In the sun... a much better representation of where I am in the growing out process. You can see the old dyed color as well.

Attached Thumbnails
My curls and my gray...-sunny-gray-hair.jpg  
curlygoinggray likes this.
CG - 3/27/09

Last edited by tinah; 06-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.
You've got beautiful curls, and your grey looks like it's coming in evenly. As long as you take good care of your hair, and refrain from coloring again, you should be in good shape and all grown-out in due time! Looks like you're somewhere between a third and half-way along with the transition Best of luck!
What I wanted to say the other day was that your hair looks good to me and not nearly as bad as you made it sound, not bad at all in fact! Having seen the new pic which shows the grey more clearly, I still think it looks good. One of the things stopping me from letting my grey do it's thing is the un-eveness of it - it's really only on the top of my head with odd strands through the rest, I just can't imagine what it would be like if I let it go. I'm jealous that you've got as far as you have with it looking good.
3b in South Australia.
@starmie - I'm in a similar boat, with even more grey, so I don't even want to think about growing it out! I'm sure my hair would be in better condition if I never ever colored it, but the trade-off isn't worth it for me right now, having a hair color that really looks good on me and that I get tons of compliments on, or having healthy, but drab, patchy-looking(in grey distribution that is) grey hair. But who knows maybe when I get grey enough, I'll change my mind. That might have to be when I'm almost completely white though, with my warm-neutral coloring.
I am a newbie! Going gray(last color) Jan 4 and CG since July 3rd 2012! Still figuring out how to use site. Enjoy seeing the curly gray pics posted!
RebeccaK likes this.

Mostly: Wen Cleansing Conditioner: Lavendar & Tea Tree

Occasionally: DevaCurl No-Poo, One Condition, & Angel; KCCC, KCKT & KCCC
Last Dye 1/4/12; Started Curlygirl Method 6/2012; Final cut to remove dye 3/30/13

Trending Topics