Would you consider getting

Like Tree15Likes

What is a CO2 laser procedure? what areas does it target and how long does it last?

I have good skin for a 61 year old woman, really no lines, other than the "smile" lines which I hate and could be helped with Relastyn. But what I hate more is the softening of the jaw line. I have been told I could get a "mini lift, but these procedures are not cheap. And, I too am afraid. I have a client who had some work done in Costa Rico, and though I am not sure of what she had done, she had to sleep sitting up. Yikes.
Update: the procedure went really well and I'm thrilled with the results.

Post-op was a pita, lots of Aquaphor and face washing. The first four days weren't painful, but looked it. Day 2 I swelled up, day 3, I enjoyed Thanksgiving at my BF's house while her daughter stared at me throughout dinner, day 4 was the last day of scary face, by day 7 I was back at work and everyone just asked where I got sun. I stayed inside most of those days and when I ventured out, I was covered with a hat and shades.

The skin is smooth and refreshed. I'm not kidding when I say it probably shaved 4-6 years off my looks, people comment on my "glow" and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

The procedure itself took 15 minutes, if you have a tattoo it feels a little similar to that. I went in without expectations because I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I'm 43, grew up in Phoenix, never wore sunscreen and smoked for 20+ years, I feel like I've a new start to take care of my skin and I no longer need all the expensive skin care products... just a good cleanser and sunscreen.

I can see myself doing this again in another 10 years or so.
wavyblonde likes this.
2b/3a.
that's great curly! I'd do it too if I could get any downtime.

I'm not opposed to botox or fillers, although I haven't had either yet. Unfortunately both are temporary, but that also makes them less scary.
I'm OK w/ removing but I don't want to add anything.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

If money wasn't an issue, maybe nip and tucks here and there. You can tell who's had the surgery and it looks pretty phony. Botox drives me nuts on folks. Very few you can't really tell but most you can. My aunt who is 43 does this and we tease her about how she looks stiff for a month before it wears down.
Although I'm not a fan of the word "never," I don't think I'd ever get anything done. At 55, I've aged pretty gracefully, even though there is definitely room for improvement. I eat well, work out, and am told I look quite a bit younger than I am. In the interest of full disclosure, I do highlight my hair.

I'm also a firm believer in being nonjudgmental, so props to anyone brave enough to go under the knife.
curlypearl likes this.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Trending Topics