I'm really old!

Like Tree84Likes

I learned to ride a horse at 50 when we bought a small ranch. I can now ride at a fast cantor at 67 and do so frequently. I also exercise with squats, sit-ups and push-ups, my goal is to be able to walk unaided if I live as long as my parents, 90/93.
I thought I had posted in this thread the first time it was around. I was 62 in Nov. I certainly remember when I thought that was OLD. Now, it's late middle age, LOL!
banjocurl likes this.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
hi y'all.. just saying hi and reporting that i am now on MEDICARE!!!! woohoo i turn 65 this month and i am THRILLED...after 3 yrs on cobra since my husband retired. still hiking and swimming and playing music. got a haircut last week, 10 years CG this year. dont worry, its all good!! just stay active and dont worry about the numbers (even if they are getting big my new avatar was a pic taken right after my haircut last week by ana of devachan....
curlyprincess1 likes this.
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
And it looks amazing, as always!
Glad you're still enjoying all those things you love and, while I'm not sure what medicare and cobra stuff is, am pleased you're pleased about it!
3b in South Australia.
Happy 65th Banjo! You and your hair look gorgeous.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Awesome look!!! And you look ten years younger.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
I am about in the middle of the ages posted however I don't deal in numbers, [although I wouldn't be with a younger man-I think being considered a "cougar" is degrading].

Also, there is something extremely "sexy" about being with a man who is already "developed" rather than being with someone who is still in the process...he doesn't even know who he will become...ah, well...LOL!

I think a person is truly "as old as they think and feel". If you hinder your abilities by continually telling yourself what you shouldn't, couldn't, and can't do due to your age...then you ARE old and getting older by the minute.

I am not old, I am sensuous, wise and loving it...my children are grown, I am done with all the foolish, childish mistakes, [and people], and I am finally financially and emotionally FREE!

I can be ME, and start a new chapter in my life...if it turns out to be the last chapter...then it will be the best of ME!!! Time to try new things, go new places, and see new people...DISCOVERY and ADVENTURE!

It sure won't be spent sitting on the couch watching TV and telling people how old I am.

The choice is yours...FINALLY live your dream!!!
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!

Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
Leave In - SM CH C&S Cond.
Hydration - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Styler - SM CH Curl & Style Milk
Deep Conditioner - Deva Curl HeavenHair

@CurlyinParadise: I'm right up just behind you - I'll be 67 in June LOL! About still being into makeup, etc. at our age and up, I don't know, about it being exclusive to our generation. There are 80 and 90 year-olds who are rocking it. Not huge numbers, but still. Check out the British documentary film Fabulous Fashionistas for example, and a blog called Advanced Style, mostly older ladies than us for sure. But I think there is one thing that might be exclusive to ours to some extent, we're not our mothers when it comes to beliefs about aging and what we can do. Because of this, we're also a bloc of people who are going to raise you-know-what about the treatment of elderly people as we advance into that stage of life ourselves, however it plays out for us. Doing the best I can by placing a healthy lifestyle first and foremost, myself!
Originally Posted by caramix3a
I think it is an "American" thingy that celebrates the young and no longer respects older citizens for our wisdom or recognize how regal we are.

We see nothing on television or in media that honors and celebrates us...everything is generic, and medical...smh! So I can understand how some would feel "old"...personally I change the :channel".

I am what I SAY!

These are the best years of my life...
jeepcurlygurl likes this.
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!

Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
Leave In - SM CH C&S Cond.
Hydration - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Styler - SM CH Curl & Style Milk
Deep Conditioner - Deva Curl HeavenHair

Trending Topics