Endometrial adhensions on bowel = painful constipation

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jeepcurlygurl

Speckla
I would be nice if we had a forum just for health issues that are not hair related.

Does anyone else have Endometrial adhesions on their bowels? I do and there is really nothing beyond more surgery to remove them but I don't want to run the risk of forming further scarring and I'm tired of surgeries and refuse to have them.

I eat plenty of fiber, take in adequate water, and exercise. Most times I have no problems but my endo likes to act up and my intestines decide to go on lock-down.

I had a total hysterectomy and bilat oopherectomy 6 years ago. The doctor removed all my endo that he could. Improved my life 1000000%. This is the only issue that I have. It flares up maybe a few times a year and the only thing I can do it cut back on eating (food gets backed up and will not move and it causes more pain), keep drinking plenty of water, and follow it up with a dose of Miralax.
I do not have any of those issues, but it certainly doesn't sound pleasant. Keep taking care of yourself!
rbb and AdelinaPorras like this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I don't have experience with endometrial adhesions, but I have surgical adhesions from 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy. I, too, get extremely painful abdominal cramps and bloating and distension. I've discovered that I need to be careful about certain foods - I absolutely need to avoid corn and popcorn, and the usual gas-producers like beans, onions, peppers, etc. As soon as I feel symptoms starting up, I chew 3 -4 simethicone (Gas-Ex) tablets. I may need to chew up to 12 of them in one day before I experience relief. I'm not sure if that would help you or not, but thought I'd share. It's annoying that surgery to remove the adhesions can be a cure - but can also result in more adhesions! Good luck to you!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I have experience with it. My bowels had to be resected when I was 23 because of it. I would go for weeks, prior to the 2nd laparoscopy surgery, without being able to use the restroom and when I would I would almost pass out from the pain. What has helped me is detox. I use Dr. Natura (I am not a sales rep or associated with them other than using the product). You can get more info here http://www.drnatura.com.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CurlTalk App
3C, CG Method, Low porosity, Low density, Medium Width

I don't have experience with endometrial adhesions, but I have surgical adhesions from 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy. I, too, get extremely painful abdominal cramps and bloating and distension. I've discovered that I need to be careful about certain foods - I absolutely need to avoid corn and popcorn, and the usual gas-producers like beans, onions, peppers, etc. As soon as I feel symptoms starting up, I chew 3 -4 simethicone (Gas-Ex) tablets. I may need to chew up to 12 of them in one day before I experience relief. I'm not sure if that would help you or not, but thought I'd share. It's annoying that surgery to remove the adhesions can be a cure - but can also result in more adhesions! Good luck to you!
Originally Posted by 2poodles
I find the CVS or Riteaid storebrand in the bottle a lot more effective - and palatable - than Gas-Ex or any other knock-offs I've tried.

Though never officially diagnosed, I think I had adhesions but don't have much trouble anymore, post-menopause.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
I can relate and feel your pain. I've had several abdominal surgeries including a hysterectomy, several hernia repairs, and laparoscopies. Adhesions are no joke and I'm at the point where any more abdominal surgeries will require "a team" of surgeons because of the amount of adhesions.

I've cut down tremendously on meat, especially beef, and eat more fresh fruits and veggies. This helps tremendously. Take care.
Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.

Trending Topics