DIY Deodorant and hot flashes

I've seen a few recipes for DIY deodorant on these forums and the web, and I really want to try it. I want to reduce the chemical input as much as possible. However, I've recently started having hot flashes, and they seem to come every 30-60 minutes. Plus, I live in Houston where it's always humid, and usually hot (95+ in the summer).

Anyone know whether a DIY deo will hold up under these conditions?
2C/2B; Med-fine texture, Normal porosity/elasticity, med-thin density; Color treated
Cleanse: Jessicurl GLS, L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
Co-Wash: SNES, VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO/LI: Jessicurl Aloeba and TooShea!, KCKT, GVPCB
Stylers: KCCC (HG!), SM C&S Milk, BRHG, Jessicurl Gelebration Spray, Confident Coils
CG since 4/23/12
Located in Houston, Texas

"Hair really is the crowning glory of a woman. It lights up her person, it frames her face, it makes a halo around her." - Ann Harding
It really depends on the deodorant and your body chemistry. There are so many different kinds of deodorants and women--for instance, I can't wear Tom's or any deodorant with baking soda and I sweat and smell A LOT. I have a friend who just doesn't wear deodorant some days and she never smells. For me, there was a lot of trial and error and I've finally found a deodorant recipe that works for me and doesn't give me a rash, but it's only good for about 12 hours (I have to reapply before bed or I wake up smelling awful).
APL 3A
Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse

Trending Topics