hysterectomy?

Like Tree12Likes

i think a 3rd opinion is a great idea.
since this is not life-threatening, more of an inconvenience/annoyance, and a little worrisome about the why, maybe just wait a bit and see what happens. maybe this 3rd dr will have some better insight.
curlypearl likes this.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Speckla
i think a 3rd opinion is a great idea.
since this is not life-threatening, more of an inconvenience/annoyance, and a little worrisome about the why, maybe just wait a bit and see what happens. maybe this 3rd dr will have some better insight.
Originally Posted by rbb
I agree. I hope that it turns out to be something that is easily diagnosed and treated.
curlypearl likes this.
I got the 3rd opinion. And it was the same as the previous two: get a hysterectomy if you want to. Your call.

gahhhhhhhhhhhh
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

at least you are not getting conflicting info. LOL

well, if there is nothing wrong, how bad is it? can you live with it for a few months, see how you feel then?
curlypearl likes this.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
at least you are not getting conflicting info. LOL

well, if there is nothing wrong, how bad is it? can you live with it for a few months, see how you feel then?
Originally Posted by rbb
LOL right, no conflicting info...just your standard noncommital ambivalence.

Yeah, they still can't find anything wrong.

If I had some support here, I might wait. But my mother will be visiting in 2 weeks. She's really the only person I feel I can count on for the kind of help I need. And I can't foresee another opportunity like this happening for quite a while. It kind of sucks that I have to base my decision on that but I do. I'm tired of asking my friends (who all have jobs and their own obligations) to keep driving me to and from medical procedures...and inconveniening them...and that is to say nothing of the help I need with my kids.

I understand Spiderlashes. I think those kinds of considerations probably affect people much more than we realize. I had to think of who would be able to help me and plan around it when I had brain surgery. It's extraordinarily stressful to have to think of that sort of thing in addition to just the stress of deciding to have an operation, so I get what you are going through.

Please keep us updated.

{{{Spiderlashes}}}
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
i totally get the timing part, can relate to it. well, if it's laproscopic it should be a relatively easy time, but you will still need to take it easy the first few days.

let us know what you decide and how it goes.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
Thanks, guys! Thanks for not saying I'm nuts to do this. I wish I didn't have to but I don't want to continue like this...and there aren't any other reliable solutions.

It's encouraging that you all think laproscopic will be easy. I hope so!

One thing I can say as a single chick alone with not much support. Stock ur fridge with easy microwave stuff and screw ur diet. Cause I bought groceries...I'm no/low carb...and assumed cooking would be no biggie...laparoscopic would be cool. Whatever gas they pump u with makes u uncomfortably bloated for a while. And considering I'm already anemic...all I felt energy to do was lay around. I'm headed out tomorrow for some microwave stuff tomorrow...got a guy who wants to take me out for dinner a few nights...it's gonna be that and microwave stuff for the rest of this thing. I made a comfy spot on the couch...I got my tv and kindle...not much energy for anything else

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
yup, easy cook stuff, good your mom is there. make sure you have comfy sweat pants!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
AND, make sure you let us know how it goes!!!!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
I had mine when I was 27. I still have my ovaries. I've been fine. I'm now 61, have never been on hormones, and am as horny as a 14 year old boy.
spiderlashes5000 likes this.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I had mine when I was 27. I still have my ovaries. I've been fine. I'm now 61, have never been on hormones, and am as horny as a 14 year old boy.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
Lol...I love that! That's good to know too...cause if that's the next step for me I wanna make sure I don't lose my drive.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
So....still bleeding. Follow up appt next Monday. Dr mentioned Lupron to stop the bleeding for a few months and we could maybe try ablation again. Side effects for that look horrendous! The fibroid surgery I don't think could be laparoscopic cause of the size of them. The hysterectomy could tho...so it looks like the recovery from fibroid surgery would be worse...and will most likely not be permanent cause of my age. If I can stay on NuvaRing and progesterone a bit longer...I can push the surgery back to Presidents' Day in feb. With weekends and all I'd have abt 17 days recover time. Any thoughts?

I am totally freaking out...my friend said she went in for laparoscopic hysterectomy but they had to cut her...in the hospital for days...6 week recovery. Now she has had kids...I wonder if that has anything do with it. Cause I am praying they could do it laparoscopicly.

I am totally freaking out...my friend said she went in for laparoscopic hysterectomy but they had to cut her...in the hospital for days...6 week recovery. Now she has had kids...I wonder if that has anything do with it. Cause I am praying they could do it laparoscopicly.
Originally Posted by GoddessCurls
No, it depends what they find when they go in.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

Man, being a chick can suck! My friend said it had to do with the placement and size of her uterus. Please pray I can get it laparoscopic. Living alone it would be damn near impossible for me to recover from abdominal surgery alone.

Well, I have until this friday to decide if I want to keep my cervix.

How should I know?!

There are pros and cons to both.

Maybe I should take a poll bc hell if I know!

People shouldn't have to make "choices" like this.

Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
That's what I'm talking about!!!

Do you still have your cervix?

So....still bleeding. Follow up appt next Monday. Dr mentioned Lupron to stop the bleeding for a few months and we could maybe try ablation again. Side effects for that look horrendous! The fibroid surgery I don't think could be laparoscopic cause of the size of them. The hysterectomy could tho...so it looks like the recovery from fibroid surgery would be worse...and will most likely not be permanent cause of my age. If I can stay on NuvaRing and progesterone a bit longer...I can push the surgery back to Presidents' Day in feb. With weekends and all I'd have abt 17 days recover time. Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by GoddessCurls

How is a laproscopic hysterectomy possible but not a laproscopic fibroidectomy is? Can you explain that?

I understand any kind of laproscopic hysterectomy is supposed to get you 4 weeks off work. (Longer for old fashioned abdominal incision.) Is it absolutely necessary you go back so soon? Will your surgeon go along w/ such a short recovery?

Is a laproscopic-assisted vaginal procedure a possibility?

Where do you live? Are there any boardies near you? Is your family totally unabe to help? Can you get one friend per day to stop by?

I know the new guy is offerring to help. And that is awesome. But try to have a back up plan and someone he can alternate with.

Trending Topics