hysterectomy?

Like Tree12Likes

Oh god a video!? I was grossed out at the pics from my cyst surgery....it was gross. So glad it went well. Did they do it laparoscopic? So glad u feel well so soon. I hope mine goes so well when the time comes

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
Yeah LOL, I got 16 still shots and 10 short videos. Yes, it was robotic laproscopic. I have 4 small incisions that were glued shut.

If not for the anesthesia, which totally kicked my ass, the whole thing would have been nothing! No internal pain and only light bleeding for one day. No bleeding after that.

Thanks for your support and well wishes, everyone.

Oh yeah, I finally decided to have my cervix removed. And I kept both ovaries.

I thank God it went so smoothly!
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Wow....dr told me I'd have to to abdominal and I'd have a bikini cut. 2 days in the hospital....and at least 4 weeks at home. I'm waiting to see how my body heels from d&c....regardless that procedure will not take care of fibroids so they will bleed again....it's just a matter of when.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
I'm gonna call dr back mid December. Right now I'm having menstrual tenderness and spotting ( the kind of u get near the end of ur period) but I'm on NuvaRing and progesterone so I'm not supposed to bleed at all. I'm actually really anxious to see what happens when it's time for a new ring...that's when I bled before. Also I gotta stay on this indefinitely or I'll bleed. This waiting is horrible...I kinda just wanna get it over with since I know it's coming.

So glad urs went well...hope mine goes as well as it can...it's gonna be a bit harder since it's abdominal...but one can hope...lol

Congrats, spider! Glad you're recovering so quickly - that's got to be a huge relief!!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

a video of the surgery?? hahaha!! that's insane!

glad it went well for you.

fyi -- i hope you never need anesthesia again, but they can give you an anti-nausea medication in iv before surgery. have no idea why they don't do it automatically nor offer it, but if you know about it and ask for it, they will give it to you and it works!
Originally Posted by rbb
No, I got all the anti-nausea drugs they had beforehand. The stuff in the IV, the patch behind my ear, and extra stuff in the IV afterward. Nothing helps me. General anesthesia just Fs with me. It was soooooo awful. I was crying and boohooing and screaming for the nurse bc there was no barf bowl or garbage can in my room and I was chained to the IV so I wasn't able to get up and into the bathroom quick enough! Oh, it was a mess!

I think they should offer epidural/spinal block as an option, like they do for vaginal childbirth and c-sections. I mean, just hang up a sheet if you don't want me to see it.

That stupid anesthesia kept me in for an extra 20 hrs.

wow! your body is super sensitive to anesthesia! i agree, vomiting is bad. i also cry when i throw up!
it's an interesting thought about the epidural. my dad broke his thigh bone about 2 yrs ago and because of his emphysema they could not give him anesthesia. and he found a dr who did it, successfully, with an epidural.
wonder if they could have?
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
If you had your surgery done with a laporoscope, then it pretty much needs to be done with general anesthesia - spinal or epidural wouldn't give you enough pain relief as your abdominal cavity gets pumped full of "air". If you had had "open" abdominal surgery, then you could have had it done with spinal/epidural.
2Poodles Southeast PA
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Another concern of mine...that would be unique to this group. I worry about my hair. My hair needs to be wet, conditioned and detangled every day. I was only down for a day with my cyst surgery...but my hair was a tangled mess. I even wet it...combed it all out and had conditioner in it when I went to the hospital to try to help. It seems like with this surgery it may be a bit before u feel u can properly tend to ur hair....I'm afraid I'd be bald by then...lol

with laproscopic you can shower the next day. not sure about abdominal, might be 2 days??
could you do something like braid your hair?
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Goddess Curls - If you had abdominal surgery, you can shower whenever you're ready as long as you keep the bandage on and dry. The issue will be that it's very hard to stand up straight and fatigue will be a factor. But as long as you can comb out your hair sitting down, you'll be fine. A shower seat is a great option - especially if it takes a while to detangle your hair and you prefer to do it in the shower with conditioner and a comb.
2Poodles Southeast PA

I would definitely need a seat or bench to put in the tub....braiding would be an option but after 2 days the braid may not come out. I don't know what it is with my hair...it's like super duper curly...it curls in on itself and tangles just appear. I'd even need a spray bottle a bottle if conditioner and my wide tooth comb to be able to sit and go they it without being in the shower.

I will be scheduling a hair cut before any surgery happened anyhow...so if it's a bit shorter and no split ends, I should have an easier time.

Another concern of mine...that would be unique to this group. I worry about my hair. My hair needs to be wet, conditioned and detangled every day. I was only down for a day with my cyst surgery...but my hair was a tangled mess. I even wet it...combed it all out and had conditioner in it when I went to the hospital to try to help. It seems like with this surgery it may be a bit before u feel u can properly tend to ur hair....I'm afraid I'd be bald by then...lol
Originally Posted by GoddessCurls
Can't you put it up in a bun?

About your needing the long incision if you get the hyst...even still, is it possible to have that done robotically? The robot automatically cauterizes everything as it cuts, so there is no bleeding afterward and everything is semi healed before the surgery is even over.

What would you be getting taken out?

So sorry you are going thru all this.

Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 11-19-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Uterus and cervix. I kinda wanted my dr to do it and I don't think the have the robot. It would be a bikini cut.

The longest part of my hair is BSL now...I may be cutting to just under shoulders when dry. That may help

Uterus and cervix. I kinda wanted my dr to do it and I don't think the have the robot. It would be a bikini cut.

The longest part of my hair is BSL now...I may be cutting to just under shoulders when dry. That may help
Your doctor would be controlling the robot. It cuts down on recovery time and risk of infection.

My dr took my tubes out too (but left my ovaries). I hadn't thought one way or another about tubes but he said ovarian cancer often starts in the tubes...no real reason to keep them. Has your dr said anything about that?

I think we need a health forum. I just realized this forum is supposed to be for 40+ hair-related concerns. Ooops. I didn't reallize 40+ y/o women had enough hair related concerns to justify a whole forum.
LOL

Lol.

And no he never mentioned tubes. But I gotta do something. This progesterone is giving me hives....I'm itching all the time. Not to mention my bathroom habits aren't the same ...and both my parents died of colon cancer...so I don't play when it comes to that. I'm a bit nauseous and this itching. I'm thinking its showing up cause I've been on it a few months. And I would have to stay on it indefinitely for the bleeding not to start again. I guess the longer ur on it...the more side effects there are

Made an appt with hairdresser for a month from now. I explained sitch to her and she understands my hair and how most of it gets less curly the shorter it is, but that the very front gets a bit curlier when shorter...which is fine cause I need body there. I'm gonna get it cut a bit. Not only cause I'm bored but because I think I may need it with the potential surgery.

I'm gonna call dr in December...cause these side effects are getting to me...plus the longer I'm on this progesterone the more risks of blood clots as I get older

So...like I thought...as soon as I took out NuvaRing and put new one right in...spotting got heavier...completely random. Always gotta wear pads. I've had a pain in my right side for the past 4 days..not sure if it's from the bowel changes...or fibroids growing...or what. But tonight I started bleeding again...soaking thru super jumbo tampon in an hour. I called dr...appt scheduled 12/17...will let him know abt everything so we should be able to schedule surgery abt 30 days on the future.

The only reason I'm kind of glad this happened because now I know I made the right decision. Hysterectomy is my only real option. I won't stop bleeding even with the 2 kinds of birth control I'm on that are each supposed to stop bleeding.

And...I was right...dr was sure bleeding would stop after my body healed from surgery. I was sure it would.

I will be scheduling a hair cut before any surgery happened anyhow...so if it's a bit shorter and no split ends, I should have an easier time.
I used to have hair I could sit on in high school. Mine tangles into whatever one calls a rats nest when it's long the minute nobody is looking. If I knew I wanted to just keep it out I my face for a while, I would do a braid on each side like pigtails and then coil them up in a kind of spiral on each side low more on the bak of my head. Kind of like in Star Wars but instead of looking like I ha earmuffs, they were at the base of my hairline above my neck. The way I sleep it was never an issue to leave them in overnight. I used a larger than my usual amount of gel or mouse before braiding.

Sometimes, when I had nothing better to do, I would part my hair in half and then part each half I to three equal sections, braid each section and then braid the braids. That was easier to put up for me because the smaller braids held the pins better and longer before getting loose. But you will all sorts if h e the medusa look when you take them out.

3a brunette/grey but dyed curls
Pernicious Anemia has me at 20% grey now!
I don't do CG. I use whatever shampoo and conditioner I have which is almost always garnier
Cleanse: Garnier Triple Nutrition Shampoo
Condition:Garnier Triple Nutrition Conditioner
Stylers: Garnier scrunch gel, argan/coconut oil, Got2Be Kinky mousse. Varies.
Tshirt plopper and super scruncher

Trending Topics