question about a product...

Hi all, I need some help and feedback here...it is very, very hard to obtain KCKT here in Canada, as well as KCCC. I heard say somewhere that KY jelly is the dupe of KCCC...? Is this so? Has anyone tried/used it? I saw today at the pharmacy that KY lube has loads of glycerin, so I think that is why it may be similar...?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows of a KCKT kinda dupe...?

In any case, any and all feedback on using KY and in obtaining KC products here in Western Canada (Edmonton) would be appreciated I don't love on-line ordering, so I was just curious and really wanted to try the KY to see if it would work! lol...

Thanks!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
My hair officially hates protein Once a month is enough!
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
KY is similar to Curl Keeper, nothing at all like KCCC.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Oh, thanks for the answer, KathyM! I really appreciate that. I will go read up on Curl Keeper then...as the dew point is quite low here, I guess I should wait till spring/summer to try the KY? Glycerin is for summer, right...? (sorry, but am new to all this...) - but I will try it, just out of curiosity! lol!

Though it does seem really weird to be putting KY on one's head...lol! Whatever works, I guess!
Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay!
My hair doesn't have an issue with glycerin. I was allergic to CK (made my scalp burn) and really try not to use chemicals in my hair, so stay away from such products.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
I finally tried the KY jelly today...I managed to coax *almost* Botticelli curls out of my lazy S'ess's! Yay! lol! I watched transfixed when I stepped out of the shower, and my hair started doing this double-helix kinda dance, clumps swirling around each other...soooooo cool! Thanks for your help again, KathyM (the pics were taken after drying and before SOTC)

ETA: After SOTC, they looked even curlier, and my hair is actually bouncy! Yay! lol...oh KY, I loveeeee you!

ETA: Day two, second day hair with no washing, and allllll of my ends for 5 inches up are beautiful corkscrew curls I am seriously in love with KY! LOL! KY is so goooood, it made my hair curl (joke...) Hahaha!
Attached Thumbnails
question about a product...-ky-hair.jpg   question about a product...-ky-2.jpg  

Last edited by Knotty_Maddy; 11-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Trending Topics