S/O: Which B'Day Was Your Hardest?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lotsawaves
  • 1 Post By jeepcurlygurl
  • 1 Post By multicultcurly

It was my 60th. Turning 30, 40, & 50 really didn't bother me, but when I turned 60 I was like "what the hell just happened." 60 just sounds old. It also made me think more of death and aging. It's kind of scary. I have upped my health game. I eat healthy, workout, quit smoking, & just took up walking and cycling. I can't give up my vodka or wine just yet. Maybe just have a glass or 2 of red wine each night. I have some very big wine glasses.
wavyblonde and Hashem like this.
I've had bad birthdays and bad years, but they had nothing to do with age. As far as milestones my FAVORITE was 50. I was at my best physically and mentally and it was a great year. The mid 50's have not been so great but I'm always hopeful things will get better!
As time goes on I do feel sad that I'm sliding towards the end. And since I don't believe in the afterlife, it makes it all the harder knowing that I will just be gone and will never find out what happens with the world.
But I learn to enjoy life more all the time. I make sure I have lots of 'me' time, I do things I enjoy, I spend less time with toxic people (mostly family), I stop and breath and find joy in things often.
wavyblonde likes this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
40's were my best years. I got out of a crappy 20 year marriage. It was fun going out meeting people, dating, and dancing. I felt like I was in my 20's again.
30 sucked. It felt like a death to me. Maybe it's where I live and the people I am around, but they make 30 seem so old. It's not old, even by marketing standards. Lol. However, I'm ready to hit my stride. I'll be 32 in January and I'm okay with that. I'm unmarried without kids. When people find out how old I am then it's all about making a baby before I am too old. Considering that I probably won't reach menopause until my 50s, I think I should be ok to have a baby in my mid-30s. Now I just ignore people and keep my age to myself though people are nosy.
Hashem likes this.
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
Multi, I don't think it's just where you live. I think most people can make 30 seem old if you haven't had children yet. They really should mind their own business. Getting married or not, having children or not are serious decisions and no one should be made to feel that they are lacking in some way because of their decision.

50 on up can be hard because people expect you to be married and taken care of at that age. My best friend settled for a man I didn't feel was right for her because she felt under pressure. We talked for over an hour last night because she is so unhappy. I can't tell you how many times I've had people say rude things to me because I'm single and have been for the past 20 years. I stood firm and didn't settle. I held out and met my soul mate.
I haven't yet experienced that "bad birthday" yet. I'm not sure I ever will - but maybe when I'm 90.....?

Thanks Lotsa! Glad to know it wasn't all in my head. :-)
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
Don't think I've had my bad one yet either. I'm turning 50 next year and that kinda freaks me out a bit because then the next big one will be 60 and I do feel weird about that, as it just screams "pensioner" at me and I'm so not ready for that!
3b in South Australia.

Trending Topics