I got Radiessed

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Starmie
  • 1 Post By Poochie

So I'm turning 50 later this month, and decided to take some $$ and treat myself to something to celebrate. (Or to help myself feel better, because despite telling myself I shouldn't, I'm a bit depressed about it.)
Yesterday afternoon I went to a med spa, talked to the doctor, and he injected Radiesse into the "parentheses" around my mouth. It really didn't hurt at all, but was numb for hours, similar to having been to the dentist. I was expecting bruising, but today I see none, just the two tiny dots of the injection sites.
And the grooves around my mouth are gone. Amazing. Radiesse is supposed to last about a year and a half, but varies by person. I hope I get that long out of it

The Dr. said I could benefit from botox in my forehead, as well as a filler (different type) under my eyes for my dark circles. None of this would be permanent, so would have to be repeated periodically to maintain the results. My budget doesn't run to that, but if I had the money I would probably do it all!
Hi Poochie, I'm so glad you got a great result. I'm all for it if it makes you happier.

Did your dr. decide which treatment to offer you? How did you decide on the Radiesse vs. something else? So far I've been too afraid to try anything but I may give in one of these days.

Keep us posted....
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Actually I asked for Radiesse because it usually lasts longer. He told me most people choose Restylene because it's cheaper, but there's a special on this month that made the price about the same.
Thanks, Poochie. I've had a few peels done, and I trust my doc a lot. I asked him if I should get Botox and he said I didn't need it. I believe that he would never just do something to me for the money, so I'll ask him about Radiesse and Restylane.

I don't seem to have much in the way of wrinkles, but I get age spots (ugh!). Fortunately, I have freckles, so you can't tell too much.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
My wrinkles don't bother me too much and I've always been too scared of doing anything to my face, however if there was even the remotest chance of something being done for dark circles I'd be in there like a shot.
rbb likes this.
3b in South Australia.
Poochie, good to know, thanks!

please keep us posted... the very deep wrinkles across my forehead are probably permanent, but would respond to filler and Botox together. problem being, i can only afford the Botox (it's pretty cheap in Canada) as fillers are awfully spendy!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Rou, the Dr. I talked to didn't say anything about fillers for forehead, just botox. But maybe they do use it for the "elevens" between the eyes?

It's funny, my forehead lines don't bother me much because when I look in the mirror with a placid expression, they aren't there. (Also I wear bangs,LOL)
I'm sure they show up when I talk.

I'm trying the faux "frownies" at night with surgical tape between my eyes. I think Spider posted about that a while back.
it was recommended to me a few years ago to do fillers with Botox for the "crack" across my forehead. which does show up, no matter how placid my expression.

my bad habit of raising my eyebrows when i read all my life has caught up with me in the worst way!
My blog:

I went back yesterday for my 2-week follow-up (ON my birthday, no less), and the dr. took another pic and said he was quite pleased with the result.

He then went on to (again) recommend Botox for my forehead (which would need to be repeated every 3 months), and Restylene for under my eyes, which would last about a year. I do have dark circles most of the time, but I'm so used to them because I'm sure I've had them since my 20s. The forehead thing just doesn't bother me much, as I explained above.

I told him my budget doesn't run to all that, LOL, although I wish it did. And unlike curlypearl, I don't know this Dr. all that well and am not at all sure he wouldn't recommend stuff just to make money.

He said the forehead wrinkles would "heal" after you use botox for a while, but you have to keep using it to keep from creasing up again.
curlypearl likes this.
I went back yesterday for my 2-week follow-up (ON my birthday, no less), and the dr. took another pic and said he was quite pleased with the result.

He then went on to (again) recommend Botox for my forehead (which would need to be repeated every 3 months), and Restylene for under my eyes, which would last about a year. I do have dark circles most of the time, but I'm so used to them because I'm sure I've had them since my 20s. The forehead thing just doesn't bother me much, as I explained above.

I told him my budget doesn't run to all that, LOL, although I wish it did. And unlike curlypearl, I don't know this Dr. all that well and am not at all sure he wouldn't recommend stuff just to make money.

He said the forehead wrinkles would "heal" after you use botox for a while, but you have to keep using it to keep from creasing up again.
Originally Posted by Poochie
hmmm, that's interesting. they 'heal,' but you need to keep getting botox. interesting take on that!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine

I'm trying the faux "frownies" at night with surgical tape between my eyes. I think Spider posted about that a while back.
Originally Posted by Posey
I've taped my forehead every night for many years. I'm 51 and have no forehead wrinkles. My favorite tape is Transpore. Very cheap and easy to do.
He then went on to (again) recommend Botox for my forehead (which would need to be repeated every 3 months)wouldn't recommend stuff just to make money.

(...)

Originally Posted by Posey
the wrinkles don't "heal", it's just that repeated use of Botox retrains the muscle and you don't do the action.

as for every 3 months, depending on how frozen you want to be you can get away with every 6 months with a light touch-up at the 3 month mark. i don't like to be completely frozen, so mine lasts about 4 months. but, again, that's because of my bad habit of raising my eyebrows ALL the time when i'm reading. i work on a computer all day - even co-workers have mentioned to me that i do it. and i can't exactly wear Frownies at the office...

Botox is a LOT cheaper in Canada for some reason; most places in my small city charge $10 a unit. and you often find it reduced to $7.
My blog:

Trending Topics