Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Over 40

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kathymack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #1

Default Product help

I have a friend who is embracing her gray, over a year now and she wants to try the curly girl method. Problem is from dyeing her hair she developed PPD allergy and now is having issues with other hair products (poos & conditioners, gels). She tried the Deva line and yesterday the Deva Angel made her itch and I believe same problem with the other Deva Products.

I want to help her embrace her curls but I need some advice from anyone with PPD allergy and now product allergies. What to stay away from whether its the product or ingredients. I've learned to read ingredient labels now! Yay! What do you recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

BTW, I am one year dye free now!!!! Still a little color on the ends. Need to update pics and info and catch up here!!!

Thank you,
Jennifer

KC Come Clean, Knot Today, & Curling Custard
HG's: DevaCurl No-Poo, One Condition, & Angel
Last Dye 1/4/12 Started Curlygirl Method 6/2012
curlygoinggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #2

I don't have PPD allergy, but I do have rosacea and pretty significant skin allergies. I was allergic to CK, anything Bioterra, original Shea M li to name a few. Very common chemical allergy in products is propylene glycol.

My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I stay away from a lot of chemicals, especially polyquats.
curlygoinggray likes this.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Trending Topics[-]hide