new growth/curl pattern

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rbb

hello everyone. my curl and hair is really changing. I had some hair loss 7 months ago and have a lot more gray, it's a bit coarser, dryer AND has considerably changed in the way that it is curling near my scalp. It's kinda like a cow-lick but in large sections. I wonder if this means i will end up with hair thats more poofy or what?? My hair is long so i can at this point manage to style and pin it up /back but sometimes it's frustrating.

Has anyone else had this happen and how did you deal?
Thanks
Laura
fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
Stylers: KKCC,
i haven't had this, but i'll offer a guess/suggestion -- what i do for drier strands that i have (around face), i add more leave in there, make sure i seal the hair there. sometimes at night i'll put deep conditioner on those hairs and let it stay til morning. i'd use a heavier leave in if you can, even if you just leave in the heavier one on those spots -- i'd use a deep conditioner as leave in. i usually do in winter anyway.
Korkscrew likes this.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
<Bump>
... So, it's about 7 months later and I have continued new hair growth: about 4 inches in the back and on sides and maybe a bit of new growth (1 in) on top. as frustrating as this is with the varied lengths I must take heart that it is there.
I suppose the one annoying thing really is the pattern change. at the nape of my neck it's become much tighter- more of a 3b-maybe 3c, whereas most of my hair is otherwise a 3a. but the weird part is where the hair isn't coming out and laying nicely in a curl direction; it's like it's confused about where its going.

So, anyone??? experience? understanding? I feel like i'm the only one. I keep hoping it will grow out and figure itself out.
Thanks
fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
Stylers: KKCC,
I'm guessing that RBB is correct about increased moisture and then sealing that moisture in (like with refined coconut oil). You may want to try a product that encourages curl retention. Those tend to have something like epsom salt and/or heavy protein. I have multiple curl patterns (3/b/c/a) that respond well to Shea Moisture products (conditioner and gel). But you might have to dilute one or more of those products slightly because they are so rich with oil.

Or you could try a product like Yes to Carrots conditioner - has dead sea salt (and a sealer). Or either homemade FSG or KCCC on top of a rich conditioner.
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums

Trending Topics