Changes....

I recently turned 40 and have noticed changes in my hair. For instance, even though I am 100% CG - I'm finding that my scalp is oilier than usual. I've been co-washing for years, doing ACV rinses weekly, etc. The last time I washed my hair, I had to do 3 ACV rinses and some serious co-washing just to get my the hair near my scalp clean. Even after all of that, there was still gunk on my hair. My hairstylist ended up having to wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo because my hair, despite being "cleansed" was still dirty! how embarrassing! That was the first time any kind of shampoo has touched my hair in 4 years! I co-wash my hair weekly, so I don't let it go for long. I'm wondering if it's time to switch to sulfate free, cone free shampoo. I've been looking at the L'Oreal Eversleek line but am not 100% sure. I've been CG for so long that it just feels wrong to shampoo - even if it's sulfate & cone free. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
common sense is not common.....
CG since Jan 2009.....
No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
3a/some 2c
clarify - ACV rinse
co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
Sulfate and cone free poos are CG. There are many to choose from with a range of gentleness. Many curlies do a mix of low poo and cowashing.
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
Also, it's not like the CG police are going to show up at your door. :-) Many ingredients can build up over time. You might even find you need to clarify with a sulfate poo, which you can dilute to make more gentle, on occasion. It might have nothing to do with your age. I would try low-pooing after every few cowashes and see if that works. You can increase or decrease the frequency depending on how your hair feels.

Have you changed any of your products recently?
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
Have you changed any of your products recently?
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
Actually, yes, I have. I stopped using Biolage & KPAK (not sure why, honestly but I'm going to grab some of both next weekend) and when I went on vacation, I co-washed with what I'm pretty sure was not a cone free conditioner. I hadn't planned on washing (hence the reason why I didn't bring my CG stuff with me) but I was in New Orleans and that humidity was doing a number on my scalp. That was about 3 weeks ago. I wonder if my scalp/hair is reacting to that.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try the lo-poo and see if that works.
common sense is not common.....
CG since Jan 2009.....
No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
3a/some 2c
clarify - ACV rinse
co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping

Trending Topics