Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....

Like Tree17Likes

Sometimes I'd like to change my nose, but then I think about how doing so ruined Jennifer Grey's face.

It's really just a fantasy.

But now that I think of it, I would get my ears pinned back in a New York minute. They stick out (a lot) and they're uneven.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
Mine stick out too - a lot. I can't ever wear a pony-tail because my ears stick out so much.

The consolation prize: my Burmese boyfriend told me that in Burma (now Myanmmar) ears that stick out are considered a sign of high intellect.

Us and Obama, I guess.
curry curls and claudine191 like this.
2/c and some 3A.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
Sometimes I'd like to change my nose, but then I think about how doing so ruined Jennifer Grey's face.

It's really just a fantasy.

But now that I think of it, I would get my ears pinned back in a New York minute. They stick out (a lot) and they're uneven.
Originally Posted by claudine191

You think she looks worse since having the nose job? She caught so much flack about that nose job! I would have thought the nose job would be perceived as a good thing, making her more "classically" (i.e., WASPishly) beautiful. Her father had the same nose job. Maybe the issue is that she waited too late to do it, til after she was already famous?
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I think it ruined her face. It's off-balance now. A straight little nose doesn't suit every face, imo. Think of Isabella Rosellini. Sometimes a distinctive nose fits a face better. Can you imagine Adrian Brody or Owen Wilson with a different nose? The nose is what makes the face.

Hmmm. I thought she looked good both ways.
2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
I think Jennifer Gray looks fine before and after the nose job, but she lost everything that made her interesting. When I first saw pics of her after, I didn't even know who it was and thought she looked like every other bland looking actor out there. In her case, I think she lost more than she gained even though she had some 'good' surgery that didn't make her look freakish.
claudine191 likes this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

I think it ruined her face. It's off-balance now. A straight little nose doesn't suit every face, imo. Think of Isabella Rosellini. Sometimes a distinctive nose fits a face better. Can you imagine Adrian Brody or Owen Wilson with a different nose? The nose is what makes the face.
I think Owen Wilson and his nose are gross; I almost can't look at him. It looks like it is broken. Not that it had been broken in the past and healed...but is freshly/currently broken. Never thought about Adrian Brody. I like Isabella Rosellini's look, incl. her nose.

Now that I google Jennifer Grey, I agree that her new nose really does change her entire face. She really is unrecognizable! That is weird. But if i'd never seen her before, I would think the nose she has now looks normal and attractive.

Interesting.

Um.....so we sort of agree?

I just think many nose jobs fail to improve a person's face.

I like Jamie Lee too.

I don't think I'd have any kind of surgery. I'm mostly happy with my body. I think I'm becoming more accepting of myself as I get older. I would really like to try out some acupuncture on my face though. If I stick to a regular face routine and keep myself well hydrated, then it shows favorably on my face. The acupuncture would just be for funsies I think. I wonder if I could convince my husband I need it done because of my migraines.
Originally Posted by curry curls
What effect has acupuncture had on your face? I'm curious. I've heard it can be very helpful for those with chronic back pain....
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Um.....so we sort of agree?

I just think many nose jobs fail to improve a person's face.

Yes, a little bit. LOL

The worst nose job ever is Tori Spelling's.It looks like she did it herself. The entire left side of her nose is gone. Ppl say Kate Hudson had a good nose job (like her mother) but I think it's another botched job like Tori's but not as bad.

I've heard it can be very helpful for those with chronic back pain....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
It didn't work on mine but I think I'll try again.

I agree about certain people having their character taken away by the wrong sort of plastic surgery. The best sort of work, if one goes that route, is more subtle, looking like oneself but better, not changed into some caricature, or removing individual distinction.
As far as myself, two reasons I won't be having any surgery or procedures - #1 not in the market, and #2 I'm a big wuss about pain. Also, at 66, I've mostly of gotten used to an older face(that has largely aged well). What younger women don't know is that one's face doesn't change overnight from being young, taut and smooth to aged overnight - it takes a long time. Although certain bad lifestyle habits and unremitting stress will speed that process up for sure.
The only things I'd even think of doing would be to get rid of sunspots, or getting facial acupuncture - otherwise I'm OK with my face as I take care of my skin. About acupuncture in general, I've had good luck with it over the last 22 years for various things. I knew someone here who was seeing an acupuncturist who specializes in acupuncture facial improvement techniques and I must say this woman looked great - not fake-looking at all and she was a very down-to-earth person as well. I keep to a good fitness program and a healthy diet, so my body is in check. It doesn't look like a 30-year-old's, but good enough. I didn't have any kids though so that helped.
I like Jamie Lee too.

I don't think I'd have any kind of surgery. I'm mostly happy with my body. I think I'm becoming more accepting of myself as I get older. I would really like to try out some acupuncture on my face though. If I stick to a regular face routine and keep myself well hydrated, then it shows favorably on my face. The acupuncture would just be for funsies I think. I wonder if I could convince my husband I need it done because of my migraines.
Originally Posted by curry curls
What effect has acupuncture had on your face? I'm curious. I've heard it can be very helpful for those with chronic back pain....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
Oh, I haven't had any done. I read that it can tighten skin a bit and soften lines...something like that. I think it kinda refreshes your skin. I'd love a refreshed look.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
Protein Treatment: Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm
I've had Botox and Radiesse, and I'll absolutely repeat them. I'm not at the stage where I feel happy about aging, so until that blessed day arrives I'm going to whack at it with whatever tools I deem feasible.

As for actual surgical techniques, if money were no object I'd get liposuction on my thighs tomorrow. These saddlebags aren't going anywhere regardless of diet. I had pneumonia when I was 16, dropped to 108 pounds, was hollow-cheeked, flat-chested, and STILL these things remained on my legs.

So yeah, a little surgical sculpting isn't outside of the realm of possibility. It's no certainty, but it's a possibility. It's just my way of dealing; others vary, and I respect that
I am not sure what I would have done. There are some procedures out there that I do not see as a big deal at all. I don't consider peels or rejuvenation's to be a big deal. I've heard of people getting fat sucked out of one part of their body and having it added back to another to plump. You're just relocating there If it's tasteful, I don't see that as a big deal. Botox kind of freaks me out a little. I know there is a risk of reactions, and then you get frozen face when people take it too far BUT there are other alternatives. I would possibly consider something of that nature. I only have 2 visible wrinkles at this point, and they are not deep and really do not bother me. Both are from 38 years of laughter. I might consider micro liposuction, if ever needed. The incision is very small, you have less bruising, and the recovery time is cut down. I really don't think I have any issues that exercise could not fix at this point, other than a few spider veins that popped up after a surgery in my teens.

I do agree that people need to keep the work light, if they have it done. There are feather lifts now and laser treatments that can take years off and are not invasive or as risky as having your face peeled off or the structure changed. I could never do a full face lift, implants, have a rod hammered into my nose, etc.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

I do hope I hold up as well as my mom. I chuckled a little while watching the oscars. People were talking about how Liza looked younger than 67 or 68. My mom is 68 and looks 20 years younger than a person who has had a face lift. She has started to age faster since my dad passed. She went from 3 or 4 gray hairs mixed in with her almost black locks to salt and pepper sides. Her wrinkles her minimal. Her skin is still so smooth in several places and she has the healthiest glow. I have a hard time realizing she is close to 70 at times. Not saying that is prehistoric by any means. She just looks like most 50 year olds.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

In case anyone is interested... Here are 2 video reactions from the Pixiwoo Sisters, aka makeup artists Sam & Nic Chapman. Sam is 36 and had Botox injections done at the same time her sister did. She made this video some time later and gave her initial thoughts.

http://youtu.be/kRjPflZhz2o

Nic is younger (do not know exact age) and has had a few procedures done. In this video she shows off her temp lip injection, and gives her thoughts on it. I'll include a before pic so you can see that she did not go overboard.

Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394505511.638986.jpg

http://youtu.be/AzmO-aWEX08

I found it interesting that they shared all, good and bad.

In other news... What has happened to my Twin Peaks girl, Lara Flynn Boyle? OMG! I adored her. She has been getting work done since her late 20's or early 30's (admitted phobia of aging). It's... Bless her heart. She is only 43

Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394505688.795303.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394505717.741302.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394505735.210802.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394505760.842730.jpg

^ I read she has had botox, a brow lift, nose job, fillers, lip injections and a full face lift. This is what JLC is talking about. I can't ...

Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394506066.680586.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394506089.768458.jpg

That is heart breaking. She is such a beautiful woman.

At least Sherliyn Fenn (also in TP) has held her ground. Maybe a little something something but noninvasive and natural.

Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394506207.054171.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394506232.316136.jpg
Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....-imageuploadedbycurltalk1394506247.248509.jpg

She is right at 50

*I am going to kill my autocorrect tonight.
curlyprincess1 likes this.

Last edited by Fifi.G; 03-10-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Trending Topics