Jamie Lee Curtis speaks about aging....

Like Tree17Likes

Yeah, there are limits. I'm sticking with minimally invasive; I don't want to look artificial. Although I will say that with a teenager in the house, the ability of Botox to freeze my eyebrows and keep them from furrowing every time I'm near grinding my teeth over having it pointed out by my beloved elder son that I was wrong yet again (oh so wrong, my poor son, how does he manage to survive having such a stupid mother?) is absolutely invaluable.

It keeps the boy guessing. Bless him, he needs a little uncertainty in his life -- it's hard to know everything!
^ Haha! Good one I am sure that is helpful.

Yes, some do take it too far. I know some get numerous shots in one sitting.

It's a curious procedure to me. I know it is used to treat several different medical conditions. It's mind blowing that it call fill wrinkles, stop migraines and excessive sweating. My friend has always wanted to try it as a treatment for his headaches, but he had an illness as a child that prevents him from being a candidate for the injection. I am not afraid of shots in the slightest, just cautious about what is in them. I would be really leery about armpits. It's odd to think of injecting a toxin near numerous sweat glands to stop one of the bodies natural ways to release toxins. :-/ I know it only lasts so long but... I know that is a common with celebs before award shows. It stops them from sweating all over their dresses.

On that note, I saw a program about advances on the sweating front not too long ago. An improved laser or light procedure that reduces it greatly. Also, it was a trend for men to have body hair removed from their faces and chests (via wax or laser hair removal) in the early to mid 2000's and now they are having it transplanted back onto their faces and chests. Jeez Louise.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 03-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Wonder if I could donate some of my leg hair to their cause.
the.amanda.j likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Wow. I did not realize that all of these people had work done.
What is "Essure"?
Originally Posted by chupie
modern version of getting your tubes tied...and we might be bringing a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer bc of complications.

I had it done at the same time as the tummy tuck but it's not related.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
I was almost talked into doing that, but decided not to. Now, I'm glad that I did not!
What is "Essure"?
Originally Posted by chupie
modern version of getting your tubes tied...and we might be bringing a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer bc of complications.

I had it done at the same time as the tummy tuck but it's not related.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
I was almost talked into doing that, but decided not to. Now, I'm glad that I did not!
Originally Posted by curlyprincess1
Yeah, I was really fortunate that my only complaint was light spotting (which I took care of w/ a hysterectomy). But some women are really going thru it! Like can't work, can't have sex, constant horrific pain.

Remind me never to try any more of the "latest, new things." LOL
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 03-19-2014 at 12:12 PM.
I doubt very much that JLC tried "everything" as she said, she probably only refers to plastic surgery and other dermatological treatments. What surprises me is that while she keeps her body fit (or fairly so, haven't seen any recent pics of her...), it appears it's never occurred to her to exercise the muscles in her face... something that I still see a lot of people being skeptical about, but only out of sheer ignorance because there are plenty of muscles in the face and unlike those of the body, they are practically attached to the skin, so toning those muscles has an immediate effect of toning the skin.

I've been practicing facial exercises since I was in my 30s, at first just one on and off that I found in a beauty book, then while in my 40s I found a couple of books in the library and learned several exercises, then later bought a different one that I still have for variety.

I have consistently been judged to be much younger than I really am, and since I always did I'm used to it and prefer it that way so now I don't see a good reason to look "my age"... besides, who determines what that "should" look like??? Some people in their early 40s already look pretty aged and some my age are ready for the nursing home... yet others are beginning to really enjoy their life. Personally I feel that if we have the potential of living to 100 or beyond there's no reason we should spend more than half our lives looking old, it's all a matter of how we take care of ourselves and our attitude, so I sneer at the "aging gracefully" line, that's for people who don't want to bother and let "nature run its course" but if you ask me our own choices have much more to do with how we age, both physically and mentally, than nature does.

My older sister who lived in France for many years told me that for French women facial exercises are a common practice and she even had a video tape years ago that she brought from there. If anyone is interested, all you have to do is go to Youtube and look up videos about it as there are plenty, but I'm going to show you one of my fave ones, a lady in her 70s that I consider my role model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5b...1FD3DED9395BF4
spiderlashes5000 likes this.

Last edited by CGSince2002; 04-16-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Trending Topics