Who's 40+ and dating?

Like Tree4Likes

I was on eharmony off and on for years. I like the set up much more than the other sites (ok Cupid, match, plenty of fish, Christian mingle). On eh they send you matches, there is no search function. It removes the meat market feel and communication is usually guided (you send them questions, not an email as first step)

If you do decide to do it, make sure you google for coupon codes. I've never paid more than $15/month. But anything below their full prices is good.

I finally gave up with eharmony because I wasn't getting many matches any more. I think I'd exhausted the pool in my area. If I go back I'll use a different email and start over fresh.

All of that said. ..I met 2 guys through eharmony, dated one for about 4 months. Part of this was me I think. In the beginning I refused any match that wasn't exactly what I wanted. I changed a lot over the years I was on it (I'd leave for awhile and come back) so men I had closed out I was no longer able to see or communicate with would have actually been good matches but I'd already nexted them.

Pm me if you want more info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Modified CG since Dec 2011
I don't know about Spider, but if I ever get the urge, I'll certainly seek your input, PerriP. Thanks for the info.; I wasn't sure how it worked.

I don't suppose Fin would ever consider a long-distance thing..........?

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
He'd probably leap at the chance. He loves any and all attention. I'll work on brushing up his typing skills.

I find I don't have the stomach for it anymore. I felt a bit wistful today when a young co-worker of mine received a delivery of flowers from her boyfriend, but mostly I feel that I've had my "time in the sun" and it was both good and bad. I've been married, engaged, lived with a fellow or two, and dated a lot (and I've also been stalked, more than once), but ultimately, at this point, I'm not interested in "making it happen." I know fate needs a nudge or two sometimes, but I'm content to chance it. If I meet someone someday, great. If I don't, that's okay, too.
Originally Posted by claudine191
I totally missed this post before. This is how I feel a lot of the time. The actual investment in making it happen. I think I may have lost my drive for that. I've been married (twice), lived with a guy or two and had one I'm still hiding from. What I'd really like is a perfect counterpart to arrive in my living room, relationship already established and none of the having to meet, assess, date, etc.
(Yes I do realize it'll never happen)

I do get told (often) that I'm only single because I want to be. Honestly it may be true but it kind of makes me mad when they say it and it's not as if anyone is asking me out at all. This is a funny age I think. Guys my age (44) seem to want to date women in their 30s.

It just feels like work. I want something that doesn't.

Good luck to me, huh?

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I've been happily married for a very long time(27+ years). I've often said that if my husband goes before I do, that I basically wouldn't bother with dating at all. I didn't have the stomach for it much when I was younger(although I went through the motions and tried, after my first serious relationship fell through). From what I hear about how it is now out there, I'd have even less patience with putting up with the BS. I met my husband through a mutual friend, and we clicked right away. Plus I'm much more on the introverted side, tending to like downtime/quiet time anyway, since I'm an artist.
I don't know about Spider, but if I ever get the urge, I'll certainly seek your input, PerriP. Thanks for the info.; I wasn't sure how it worked.

I don't suppose Fin would ever consider a long-distance thing..........?
Originally Posted by claudine191
I kinda like the meat market feel! LOL Or at least I like having the control to be able to accept/reject the overtures of whomever I choose and, if I want to, even initiative onversations w/ men. And I am very visual. If I don't like his looks, it's just not going down. Period. I don't care how nice or great or compatible, etc.

eharmony makes me feel like I'm asking my grandmother to fix me up or something. LOL But I will def be hhitting PerriP up if I change my mind and decide to give it a try.

I haphazardly threw up a profile on my old standby site just to get my feet wet again. Then I may move onto other sites.

And yes, for the first time in my life, it is feeling like "work." It's not unpleasant...but I am finding it a bit overwhelming and I don't have the time to devote to it. (It's always super busy your first couple of weeks.) I think I suffered PTSD or something during the final stage of my divorce and I just have a much lower stress threshold now.

Plus, my heart is really somewhere else.

i've been messaging a few guys who seem OK (and are nice looking). But it seems these guys always wanna stop messaging and jump right into phone calls and going out. And they don't understand how it is for women...we get too many messages to be giving out our number and taking phone calls from everyone who asks.

Gahhhh one of these guys is 2 yrs younger than I am.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I've been happily married for a very long time(27+ years). I've often said that if my husband goes before I do, that I basically wouldn't bother with dating at all. I didn't have the stomach for it much when I was younger(although I went through the motions and tried, after my first serious relationship fell through). From what I hear about how it is now out there, I'd have even less patience with putting up with the BS. I met my husband through a mutual friend, and we clicked right away. Plus I'm much more on the introverted side, tending to like downtime/quiet time anyway, since I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by caramix3a
I'm not introverted but I am a creative type, too. And I find it very, very hard to find an artsy/artistic/creative/passionate type of guy anywhere. Ever. Very frustrating. I used to meet them a lot when I was young. But I don't know if the reason I don't anymore is bc I moved from NYC to Ohio or if it's related to age...like men quash their artistic side as they get older or something?

The closest I get is guys in bands.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Trending Topics