How young a guy could you pull? Keep?

Like Tree30Likes

Wow, I know petrol heads but they are more cars than bikes, and not that obsessive. Maybe its become the norm on PoF. Like they see all the other guys with their bikes and 'identify with' that dating site instead of another one?

Even if it wasn't the terminal factor in their marriage, does seen like they haven't learned they might need some more female friendly pastimes!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
It's just pathetic. I wouldn't have been so stunned if it had even been half of them but it was a very wide majority. Very depressing.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
^ Being a biker/motorhead chick, that's all a plus for me, but the whole obsession with sports is the thing that makes my eyes glaze over
sixelamy likes this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Well I think it's all fine but so many??? Do they never go to a movie? Watch tv? Eat?
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
^ Well the bikers I know do love to eat and watch tv. : )
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I went for thirteen years younger because he has children from a lengthy relationship, so I thought there might be a maturity match.

A major difference was our attitude to technology and social media. Mobile phones must have been the norm from his school days whereas I got my first Nokia at 29. I don't understand 'friends' on Facebook or Blackberry Messenger that are not people you actually know. I use niche interest message boards not Twitter. I text my mates but don't expect intimate relationships and even disagreements to be conducted largely via an instant messenger.

Interestingly there is also somewhat of a divide on this issue, tho much less pronounced, with those that are five years younger.
Originally Posted by Firefox7275
The attitude is the major difference with me. It has a lot to do with constant attachment to devices, and several other things. I started to notice a large difference in attitudes my senior year in high school. The freshman seemed like they were from a completely different planet. That difference continued to grow with every passing year.

I was 28, close to 29 when I got my first cell. 2003. I did it because I had to. The idea of someone being able to call me at any time was not a welcome one. It was an annoyance. I was thankful that I was older and did not have to deal with my parents calling every two seconds when I was younger. I was always good to check in when I could but I loved the days of spending a weekend at a friends house with no phone. Peace!! I held out even longer on email, until I was forced to get that.

I can't say older guys ever reminded me of my dad. They just came on incredibly strong and it started when I was 12. 19 or 20 year olds would come up to me at the swimming pool and start rubbing suntan lotion all over me. It was always a little too strong at what ever age I was at. Now the guys 5-10 years older than me are a group I know pretty well. We communicate with each other a bit better and I am at a better age for it. It's evolved.
jeepcurlygurl likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

^ Well the bikers I know do love to eat and watch tv. : )
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Me too. I've never been to a biker party that was not full of food. Those guys will cook a giant meal. It usually involved deer, and several other options. Lol. Never dated a biker (have dated a few gear heads) but I am friends with many. And my uncle has had a bike since I can remember so I am used to that. He can't ride anymore. He was riding with friends a few years ago and the woman taking the lead did not warm them when an 18 whlr hit a road construction barrel and sent it flying. She swerved (just a reaction) and it slammed into the rest. He is now disabled. Just learned to write again. The right side of his body was pretty torn up.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 02-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.
^ which is exactly what I don't like about bikes. I know someone who recently died a long excruciating death after a motorcycle accident. My boss said about every make in her social circle bought a bike when they turned 45 if they didn't already have one. I assume it's like me and my hair. It's their "mid life crisis obsession".
Yeah, that was the second bad accident my uncle had been in. When I was 4 or 5 he was heading down a hill, leaving his house, and a pick up truck quickly pulled out of a drive way in front of him. His bike embedded in the door, he flew over the top of it and landed on his head. He was wearing a helmet but the still had to drill holes in his head to help reduce the swelling. He was okay; other than the occasional headache. The latest one broke several bones in his hand. It sent them through the skin, along with his knee cap and other leg bones. He didn't even realize it. He was up helping other people and checking on them when an off duty first responder passed by, stopped, approached him and told him to sit down. He was very lucky. He had to give up his job which he loved but he is getting back to doing things now. Just a little slower. They can be dangerous, but people do seem to love them. I actually deal with more deaths from cars than bikes.

*His son and nephew (my cousins) ride too and they have had some crazy minor accidents. As if worrying about cars and trucks is not bad enough, they have both been knocked off their bikes by deer jumping across the road

Last edited by Fifi.G; 02-23-2014 at 10:46 AM.
The age thing depends on how old you are, what life stage you're in, AMD how good you look. Generally speaking, a five year age difference either way isn't even noticeable, as you probably grew up with similar cultural influences and can relate to each other. Anything more than 10 years is where it gets tricky.

Also, I think it isn't until 35 that most people who want a serious relationship begin to think of dating someone who is more than five years younger. It is a maturity thing.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
I am 33 but I get mistaken for being in my mid 20s. I don't want to date anyone younger than 30. But I also want a kid and to find someone to marry. My dating range is 30 to 43. I would prefer someone no older than 36, but I understand that you have to keep an open mind. I am not old, but I did have a 35 year old friend tell me that men my age would think I am too old when I was 31, so I should date younger. Wtf? No one should have midlife crises before being middle aged. Also, I am able to bear children and probably without any issues until 40. I haven't had her experience, but if that is the case, something is truly wrong with the world.

I also think dating IRL is much easier to avoid the age weirdness than online. Most people's standards aren't as rigid IRL compared to their online dating standards.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
sixelamy likes this.
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
Well....I'm 35 now. And the guy I'm seeing is 24
curlyprincess1 likes this.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
I feel like there's something in the OP's phrasing.........something in the words, "Pull" and "Keep" that reinforces the idea of one's ego being tied to the degree of appeal one has have for men. I don't mean this as a judgement, but rather, an observation.
Originally Posted by claudine191
That's the mentality on the site where all this is discussed.

It's never really been my mentality, esp not w/ regard to age, bc younger guys, up until very recently, seemed like a waste of time to me.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Oh. Ick. I wouldn't want to be on that site.

Also, sorry for the typo (re: has/have).
spiderlashes5000 likes this.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
Oh. Ick. I wouldn't want to be on that site.

Also, sorry for the typo (re: has/have).
Originally Posted by claudine191
Ohhhhhhhh, it's dreadful! The things they say and think! But it's such a unique look into the minds of other online daters. Helps me understand what i'm dealing with.

I think the appeal of online dating may be wearing off for me. And now i am seeing why...the mentality is rather bizarre to me.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

I sure couldn't take it, but a lot of people like it.

To each her own.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I think the appeal of online dating may be wearing off for me. And now i am seeing why...the mentality is rather bizarre to me.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
The whole thing seems bizarre to me. It does seem to work well for several people, but I have never had an interest in it. It's set up to be shallow, in a sense. That is just the nature of the system, and does seem to bring that behavior out in several (of course not all) users.

*Did you see the comedy blog about the worst profile ever, and research article about the most welcome online dating behaviors I posted in SIIDY? The fake profile was hysterical. The girl was trying her hardest to not attract men by saying her hobbies were knocking cups out of homeless peoples hands and convincing people she was pregnant BUT she got 150 messages in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by Fifi.G; 02-25-2014 at 02:43 AM.
I find this topic really interesting. From a different perspective, I usually get mistaken for about ages (15-1 mostly because of my face, 4'11 height,and voice. But at work I was always approached by men that were in there 50's and up. At first I found it very odd, then when I saw a trend It didn't bother me as much. Although children, and teenage boys also try to flirt, I find that odder than the older men trying to flirt and date.

My partner is only a year older than me, which I am fine with.
But i also notice I attract older woman as well. (Mid 20's- 40's usually).

With women, i think maturity levels play into choosing a younger partner. They still want someone they feel they can have an intelligent conversation with, and connect to on a mental level.

For this reason, I do not date anyone younger than myself and I would not mind dating someone who is 5-7 years older than myself.
But I feel anyone older than that, is simply in a different stage in their lives, they have done things I have yet to experience.
So why is it that men are willing to date so young(30-40 ) years younger? The maturity levels are sure to be different. The expectation of the relationship are sure to be different. I would think one would grow tired of it?

Although I have seen couples 11-20 years apart, who are married and have been for some time that are still extremely happy.

I believe once you get older, age becomes less important and you might be willing to date someone 11-20 years younger. But i think dating 40+ years younger is a bit odd, but then again it all depends on what the person wants out of the relationship. (Someone fun young energetic, someone to spend time with, someone they can teach things too, someone not as stubborn and set in their ways, sexual relations etc.)
bobby likes this.
I can see where you would have plenty of suitors. I agree though that the older you get the less age matters. I married a woman 3 1/2 years older than me. If we had met at a much different or younger point in other lives, we probably wouldn't have been attracted to each other. Seeing as how I was 29 and she was 32 age was immaterial. However, before I got married, I wanted someone that was five years on either side of me (younger or older). I definitely wouldn't have wanted a 10 or more year difference because like you said, that's a stage of life issue.

Most people tend to think I'm younger as well, mainly because most of my gray hair is facial hair but since I shave regularly it never shows. On my head, I have a few strands but not many. However, I feel blessed to have a head of curls with its natural color.

I find this topic really interesting. From a different perspective, I usually get mistaken for about ages (15-1 mostly because of my face, 4'11 height,and voice. But at work I was always approached by men that were in there 50's and up. At first I found it very odd, then when I saw a trend It didn't bother me as much. Although children, and teenage boys also try to flirt, I find that odder than the older men trying to flirt and date.

My partner is only a year older than me, which I am fine with.
But i also notice I attract older woman as well. (Mid 20's- 40's usually).

With women, i think maturity levels play into choosing a younger partner. They still want someone they feel they can have an intelligent conversation with, and connect to on a mental level.

For this reason, I do not date anyone younger than myself and I would not mind dating someone who is 5-7 years older than myself.
But I feel anyone older than that, is simply in a different stage in their lives, they have done things I have yet to experience.
So why is it that men are willing to date so young(30-40 ) years younger? The maturity levels are sure to be different. The expectation of the relationship are sure to be different. I would think one would grow tired of it?

Although I have seen couples 11-20 years apart, who are married and have been for some time that are still extremely happy.

I believe once you get older, age becomes less important and you might be willing to date someone 11-20 years younger. But i think dating 40+ years younger is a bit odd, but then again it all depends on what the person wants out of the relationship. (Someone fun young energetic, someone to spend time with, someone they can teach things too, someone not as stubborn and set in their ways, sexual relations etc.)
Originally Posted by Always@night
2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
I've attracted younger men all of my life. I am 32 and constantly get the "you look 22" remarks. While I don't mind it, it's gets pretty old. I think I've had trouble attracting men my age for this reason.

I've dated younger men, I've had male friends who were younger that tried to date me. But it seems these younger guys just want to play around and lie. I dated one guy that was 9 years younger than me, that lied about his age. He looked older than he was, and was very deceiving. I also had a really good guy friend who had a girlfriend and tried to date me on the side. These younger men are ridiculous. I got tired of it pretty quick, hence the reason I haven't dated a whole lot in my life.

I also met an older man on a dating site about 4 years ago who was 36. He just looked so old, and I felt like I was on a job interview. He tried so hard to impress me, and it was just a total turn off.

It's like the younger men don't care and the older men care too much. I've always preferred men my age, as the maturity is more of a match. I would say I'm a few years younger mentally than I am age-wise, so it works out. My boyfriend is 6 months younger than me, and that's the way I like it
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo

Trending Topics